Round Ligament Pain?

Anything pregnancy-related can be discussed here

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, admin_fertilityfan

Round Ligament Pain?

Postby Honey Bunny » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:28 pm

So is this something that everyone experiences? I am getting worried that im not feeling it yet. To be honest I dont even know what im looking for. I feel some discomfort when i lay in bed and or sitting down and i get up too quick, like I pulled something.. It was really bad 8-10 week, but I hear how bad the pain is that I dont think that is it...

I am kinda wondering if this is something else I am going to skip too.. Pregnancy cannot be this easy can it?! Well other than the painful joy of giving birth... :wait: Where is this pain so i can just get over it!!
Me: 27
DH : 53

Image IT'S A GIRL!Image
Claire Olivia
Born: July 17th, 2015

Baby # 2 EDD JULY 16th, 2016 - Team Green Again!

Honey Bunny

Re: Round Ligament Pain?

Postby tryingnumber3 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:47 am

I got it with my first at maybe 30 something weeks while walking up this mt rubidoux thing we have here. It is a very strong specific pain usually under your belly because it is due to the ligaments stretching to max capacity. The rlp was my sign to cut back on exercise intensity a bit. At first, I thought it was something serious, because it hurt that bad.
Me: Jessica 26
Dh: 27
DD1: 8
DD2: 6
DD3: 7/21/15 :babyg:
:angel: 6 weeks 10/19/14

tryingnumber3
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby OCT.4me » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:26 pm

I got it good with all my pregnancies but other women I know in the family never even brought up major discomfort. So I thought it was bad until baby after c-section. I kept going to dr. For sure something has to be wrong because I felt like I was ripping apart. I then was introduce to the second painful thing after round ligament; scar tissue tearing due to surgery.

Yeah last pregnancy had me in tears just to go for a walk or try bending a lot but if you feel nothing: that's awesome and tells me your just flex able??? Lol or something.
Due Sept. 7th, 2015 carrying this miracle to term!!!

MY CHILDREN

ANGEL BABIES

TWO MORE ANGELS in HEAVEN as well
OCT.4me
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Honey Bunny » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:51 pm

KT, I am soo scared of tearing, ugh im sorry that happened to you, what a pain. Are you feeling anything yet?

i think that might be it, ive actually continued to workout through these weeks. I stopped when i found out, but around week 8 started to workout again. I stretch a lot for sure, Ive done T25 and Brazilian butt lift, and I just started to pick up the BBL this trimester... tons of inner thigh workouts with elastic /resistance bands.. squats and lunges.. which i hate but, I think its those never ending lunges to thank for this. I will continue these workouts for sure, hopefully this RLP does not visit me, and if it does at least tolerable would be ok.
Me: 27
DH : 53

Image IT'S A GIRL!Image
Claire Olivia
Born: July 17th, 2015

Baby # 2 EDD JULY 16th, 2016 - Team Green Again!

Honey Bunny

Postby OCT.4me » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:25 pm

I just started feeling this pain mid pelvis close to scar and my running ended three weeks ago from bed rest; but giving the chance to do it again round ligament pain stopped me last week. I went to yoga ball strength training and found I couldn't do anything that had to use abdominal muscles.

I think working out actually might be why you feel nothing. I was running up till week five of pregnancy and I felt nothing. That was a first for me so def. do the workouts as much as possible.

It must open up the pelvis more I assume.
Due Sept. 7th, 2015 carrying this miracle to term!!!

MY CHILDREN

ANGEL BABIES

TWO MORE ANGELS in HEAVEN as well
OCT.4me
Star Member
Star Member

Postby plattis » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:52 pm

I started getting AWFUL RLP around 20 weeks. I am carrying super super low though. I bought a belly support band off amazon that helps me. The RLP is the worst when I am doing long runs, otherwise it doesn't bother me too much!
TTC #1 since Sept 2012

10dp5dt beta #1: 266!
12dp5dt beta #2: 704!
19dp5dt beta #3: 13,600!!
26dp5dt (6w3d): First U/S! one beautiful little Bee with :hb: 108!
7w5d: little Bee :hb: 158! graduated from RE to Ob!!
10w2d: Bee :hb: 169! measuring ahead at 10w5d
12w1d: Bee :hb: 159, still measuring ahead and normal NT measurements!
it's a :babyb:

Little man arrived on May 22nd :) Love him so much.

the blog
plattis
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Return to General Pregnancy Board