Newly pregnant and panicking!

Anything pregnancy-related can be discussed here

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, admin_fertilityfan

Newly pregnant and panicking!

Postby Miss406 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:56 am

I had my period as normal, I had a dental appointment and she asked if I was pregnant or could be pregnant, bleeding at the time I said no, I'm not. Today I found out I AM!

I am panicking so much right now!
Miss406

Re: Newly pregnant and panicking!

Postby BeeCee33 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:24 am

Congrats and welcome ! It will take some time to get used to the idea!

Make an appointment with your doctor asap. It will help make things feel a bit more real and help give you some peace of mind.

What a crazy order to find out in, though. I bet the last few weeks have been a rollercoaster of emotions for you! I have heard of people having period like bleeding right on time before their bfp, but I've never actually talked to someone it happened to. Best of luck for a happy, healthy 9 months!
Me: (Becca) 31, DH:36

Henry James born 7/27/15
BeeCee33
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Honey Bunny » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:56 pm

Hi and welcome. I completely understand why you would worry. Was there anything in paticular that you are panicking about, was there any medication they gave you? Was it the xrays? or where you getting a big procedure that involved anesthesia? How far along are you? I think you will be fine if you are pretty early on, think of how many women do all sorts of things and dont even know they are pregnant until they are 3-4 months along.. and go on having healthy babies. I would stil make sure you do go and speak to your OB and discuss the matter to better ease your mind. Try to relax and take it easy, you cant beat yourself up for something you did not have a clue on.
Me: 27
DH : 53

Image IT'S A GIRL!Image
Claire Olivia
Born: July 17th, 2015

Baby # 2 EDD JULY 16th, 2016 - Team Green Again!

Honey Bunny

Postby tryingnumber3 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:48 pm

I'm sure it's just fine. When I was first pregnant but didn't know yet, I had a filling and was numbed. Baby is just fine now. ;)
Me: Jessica 26
Dh: 27
DD1: 8
DD2: 6
DD3: 7/21/15 :babyg:
:angel: 6 weeks 10/19/14

tryingnumber3
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Miss406 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:06 am

Thank you ladies!

I was worried about the radiation from the x-rays, I have been referred to a clinic for a general because a tooth needs to come out, I still need to go to talk to them apparently. I rang the dentist yesterday and they advised me the radiation levels are very low so I shouldn't worry - but I think I was just a born worrier!

Thanks ladies xx
Miss406

Postby tryingnumber3 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:13 am

It's natural to worry. ;) Here they put a lead apron on your lap anyways so nothing will reach the fetus anyways. If you have more work to be done, they'll likely make you wait till the 2nd tri or even after you give birth.
Me: Jessica 26
Dh: 27
DD1: 8
DD2: 6
DD3: 7/21/15 :babyg:
:angel: 6 weeks 10/19/14

tryingnumber3
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby DuchessArcher » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:40 am

The radiation dose to your baby is negligible from the mouth x-rays. Like, essentially 0. So don't worry :). If you had to worry about it, then I wouldn't be allowed to do procedures that use radiation during my pregnancy! (I'm a radiologist.) Congrats!
DuchessArcher
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Miss406 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:47 am

Thank you so much everyone!! I have my first scan booked, yippee! It's for 13 days time, I'm so excited yet so nervous. Still in shock, I had a period then CD8 and BFP - I mean, I just can't literally get my head around that, lol.
Miss406

Return to General Pregnancy Board