Anyone with epilepsy while pregnant?

Anything pregnancy-related can be discussed here

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, admin_fertilityfan

Anyone with epilepsy while pregnant?

Postby mamacoss » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:04 am

After years of having what I was told by my dr and what it thought were panic or anxiety attacks. I now went to see a neurologist and have been told that what I may be having are actually seizures. Great timing right? So I'm going for an eeg tomorrow. She would like to do an mri and rule out tumors but can't because of the pregnancy which I'm assuming is because of contrast they would use. She did mention meds if the results were abnormal. I'm just concerned about meds while pregnant. Anyone else take meds for this? Thanks. :)
mamacoss
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Re: Anyone with epilepsy while pregnant?

Postby BeeCee33 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:56 pm

I can't really be of any help since I don't know much about this. I just wanted to say how scary, and I hope they figure out what's going on. Not a great time for this at all!
Me: (Becca) 31, DH:36

Henry James born 7/27/15
BeeCee33
Addicted
Addicted

Postby mamacoss » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:52 am

Thanks beecee. I'll let you know what happens
mamacoss
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby babydust530 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:05 am

I personally don't suffer from epilepsy, but my mother does (and has been since she was a child). She got pregnant with my sister and I and had two healthy pregnancies and healthy babies. She told me her doctor changed her medication once she got pregnant (I'm not sure the name of the medication). She told me with my sister she did have 1 seizure, but it didn't impact my sister negatively in any way at all. With me, she didn't have any seizures.
Best of luck!
Me and DH: 32
My beautiful baby girl born October 2015.
BFP with baby#2 on 4/5/17.

babydust530
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mamacoss » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:31 pm

Thanks! I got my eeg results they said there was one slight abnormality but no seizures. She said it really doesn't mean anything. They won't do anything while I'm pregnant unless they get worse. So I'll have an Mri of the brain in Sept after the baby and if I'm still having the episodes after the baby then do trial meds and if they stop then we know they were seizures. Pretty carazy. So I'll just concentrate on the baby and finding a new house. :).
mamacoss
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby babydust530 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:59 am

Thanks great news! Good luck! I'm sure everything will be fine. :)
Me and DH: 32
My beautiful baby girl born October 2015.
BFP with baby#2 on 4/5/17.

babydust530
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby tiyashrivasthav » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:43 am

what did the doctor say?
tiyashrivasthav

Postby mamacoss » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:39 pm

So the neurologist said let's wait until after the baby and do a brain mri. Also if I'm still having the episodes then we'll try meds and see if they stop. As long as the episodes aren't getting worse then it's ok to wait. I'm still having them but not worse. Their super random.
mamacoss
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Return to General Pregnancy Board