My Fitness Journal -* PP Update PG 5*

Anything pregnancy-related can be discussed here

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, admin_fertilityfan

My Fitness Journal -* PP Update PG 5*

Postby Honey Bunny » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:23 pm

I have started a new workout challenge this week, & I thought why not share my journey.

Trying to stay active through pregnancy I hear can be hard. This is my first, So I have no idea what my growing baby will do to my body. I do know pre pregnancy, when the scale went up, I would fall into a sad, depressed state. Now with baby on board, I understand I am creating a life, and it's no longer about losing the weight, but more about staying healthy, eating clean (while giving baby all it needs), and staying active through it all.

This again is not about losing weight, or keeping weight off, it’s about keeping both our bodies healthy through this ever changing process. They also do say exercise helps labor! Who isn't for a quicker less painful labor?! In addition how great do women look after giving birth? They've stayed active throughout their pregnancy & are able to bounce back soo quick!

I started my fitness journey a month ago 2/3 at 16W 5D. Started at around 143LBS. Mind you Im already about 20lbs over what is my ideal weight, Pre-pregnancy 141. Now at 20W 4D, I am at 145.

My challenge for the next couple of months is to keep active through many forms of activity. Beachbody workouts, walking, the gym, ect. Being that I'm in a Beach Body challenge, majority of the time, I will be using T25 or Brazil Butt Lift. I did 1 round of T25 before getting married, and this time around I am following their moderator. No High impact (jumping, burpees).

In addition to the FB accountability private group we have, I will also be sharing my journey here!

If anyone else wants to join me this month, or this week, on working out, be it 10 minutes walking, 30 mins on your treadmill, or 1 hour at the gym, feel free to share what you are doing to stay active! This will be such a fun way to keep each other active, healthy, and motivated!
Honey Bunny

Re: My Fitness Journal

Postby Honey Bunny » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:43 pm

So here is my workout for today.

Day #1
T25
Workout: Alpha Cardio
Time: 25 Minutes on moderator

My dog usually stretches with me, but decided today was her rest day. :doh:
Me: 27
DH : 53

Image IT'S A GIRL!Image
Claire Olivia
Born: July 17th, 2015

Baby # 2 EDD JULY 16th, 2016 - Team Green Again!

Honey Bunny

Postby Honey Bunny » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:39 pm

Day #2
T25
Workout: Alpha Speed 1.0

Honey Bunny

Postby tiyashrivasthav » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:06 am

It is an inspiration to others. All the best :D .
tiyashrivasthav

Postby Honey Bunny » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:06 pm

Day #3
T25
Workout: Alpha Total Body Circuit

Got some upper body workout today [=

Honey Bunny

Postby efina » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:00 pm

This is great Honey! Very good job this week! I gained some weight last year, and the month before I got my bfp I decided to up my exercise regime, lost 6lb (from 136-130). Since I got found out I was pregnant I've been trying to keep up with exercise, and I work out 4-5 times/week. Somehow I have managed to gain 3-4lb at 8 weeks, and it makes me a bit concerned. I have no morning sickness, but unfortunately very hungry. I hope I have mostly gained muscle and baby related stuff :) Anyhow, I'm happy to join you here. So far this week I've cross country skied 3 miles, ran 3.5 miles, done Jillian's 45 min cardio workout video twice (this one is rough ha ha) and 30 min yoga. I exercise during my pregnancy to stay happy, to make up for my hungry body (i.e to not gain too much access weight), to have an easy and pain free pregnancy, to keep it low risk and finally to have an easier and better birth experience. I will update here daily!
Me 30, DH 37
Missed miscarriage and D&C at 9w1d March 2015, followed with a couple of chemical pregnancies
This will be our first <3
Betas: 47 at 11dpo, 370 at 14dpo, 3376 at 20dpo

efina
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby Honey Bunny » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:50 pm

Efina! Fantastic! Yes its pretty hard to not get the morning sickness, and have a baby that for some reason is making you hungry the moment the sun is out, and throughout the day!. I'm right there with ya! Yes remember gaining muscle is good, even if the scale goes up, typically that's what you want. Julian's M. DVDS are also great. I love her. I'm stil hoping to get into yoga, prenatal one, since I'm not typically good with my balance, but willing to give it another try soon! There is a place close by that I've been meaning to check out.. they also do prenatal massages, and facials.. yes yes! They have a membership something like $120 a month, unlimited yoga, but also includes 1 massage a month.. I mean that's a deal!

Yes on the better birth experience, I hear it all the time, I am hoping it certainty works to our advantage, even if not, I'm sure our bodies will snap back quicker once baby is born because of the daily activity .

I love running, but I will refrain this time around, I keep getting aches, and cramps when I do, like I pulled something, I will power walk, or slow job. This kills me since I love the sweat, and miss my 5-10k's but soon enough.

Yes please do share here and that way we can keep each other motivated and give each other support.
Honey Bunny

Postby Honey Bunny » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:42 pm

Today was T25 Ab intervals. Im usually a fan of this, except that all workouts are pretty much done on a flat back to floor, and even moderator does it, sooOo I had to skip this workout all together today. I had a bit of a headache & I did not want to over do my body today. So I took my workout to the gym today.

Day #4
Workout:
30 Mins treadmill,
5 mins elliptical,
30 Mins Lifting, 10-30 lbs dumbbells & barbells(bicep curls) .
Triceps dips on chair, lifting & Stretching circuit.

Feeling good!

I've also started to track my daily steps, using my Jawbone UP wristband, I'm at about 8,800+ Now. My goal is 10,000 a day. Im tracking my sleeping too, so I am excited to see how much I DONT sleep haha. Well Feeling great and cant wait for my stretching day! & yes my headache is gone!
Honey Bunny

Postby Honey Bunny » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:00 pm

Well today should be workout day.. however I have guest over, yes out of the blue (FuuuUuNN) :roll: .

So I will switch my Rest Day (Saturdays) for today. Back on the horse tomorrow. Stretch day on Sunday!

Have a wonderful weekend ladies!

Honey Bunny

Postby Honey Bunny » Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:43 pm

Happy Saturday ladies!

Today was a great, had a fantastic brunch with friends.

I had a waffle with syrup, so today called for a LEG DAY!

Workout: T25 Alpha Lower Focus ( Lunges, squats, dead lifts)
Brazilian Butt Lift : High & Tight ( Standing Lower body workouts w/ resistance band)

Definitely felt the burn once I got to BBL, those resistance bands are no joke.

Looking forward to tomorrows Stretching day! I cannot wait!
Honey Bunny

Postby Honey Bunny » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:00 pm

Today was Stretch day.

By no means did it mean it was an easy workout either.

I have no picture for it. But here are some of the stretches that I really enjoyed.

T25: ALPHA STRETCH
25 MINUTES
Slightly modified

I am very excited

I just ordered my Polar Heart rate monitor band. > http://amzn.com/B005M1P85O

ImageImage

When discussing working out with my OB, I know he mentioned not working out past a heart rate of 140-150. So this should make sure I don't over or under workout. The watch itself monitors, HR, Calories burned, duration of workout, among other things.. it also records the data for you. It comes with a chest strap which is what really reads your heart rate. I always wanted to get this monitor, but now I have more of a reason to really keep an eye on my HR.

I will be doing a quick review of this thing by the end of the week.

I cannot wait! This is me after I ordered it... :fingersx: Haha.

On another note, its becoming harder to make the right food choices. This week was not my best. I am hoping this week is different AND THANKFULLY, baby is now wanting meat again. I am hoping to get in some lean protein into my diet. My appetite has certainty kicked up a notch and baby is needing more from me. I am hoping to not grab the next thing I see in my pantry, and shove food in my mouth just because its easy. Crossing my fingers this week is better nutrition wise.

Hope you ladies had a wonderful weekend ! Cheers to a new week!
Honey Bunny

Postby Honey Bunny » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:33 pm

Wow the day went by soo fast today.. 8O

This daylight savings thing is driving me nuts, and its messing up my whole day.. But I love that it stays light out longer..

This post is a bit late, wish I was updating earlier, but I got pretty hungry after the workout..

Well today is a whole new week! Focusing on my nutrition, calories in & out to make up for whatever im burning for baby, and replacing it with complex carbs, good fats, and high protein. Almonds will be a fantastic snack this week im guessing :wink: Checked out my nearest prenatal yoga place, which also offers prenatal massages as part of your monthly membership.. and I think I finally will give yoga a try. I hear it helps with breathing, and working through contractions, and the whole 9 yards.. and you know what, why not give it a shot, and meet other mommies along the way.

Heres the recap for todays Workout!

Week #2 - Day 1
T25: ALPHA CARDIO
25 MINUTES! Everyone got time for that!

Now time for a nice shower, earth momma tea, and a good night sleep!

Ps. anyone have a good remedy or tips & tricks for acne flareups through pregnancy? Mine is acting up again, I feel like it comes in waves. Not too happy about it. Just another one of the joys of pregnancy.
Honey Bunny

Postby efina » Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:42 pm

You are soo good at posting your here and impressed by your workouts. You seem to be doing well and I like your motivation. Since Friday I have done some yoga, went for a run and a cardio exercise video. I really like this ladies Yoga videos, and if anyone else has a different yoga video they like, let me know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOuOkMf ... pd4lnPvJyD

Do you also get very bloated when working out? For me it's the worst time of the day, and I look huge, but then it settles down right after.
Me 30, DH 37
Missed miscarriage and D&C at 9w1d March 2015, followed with a couple of chemical pregnancies
This will be our first <3
Betas: 47 at 11dpo, 370 at 14dpo, 3376 at 20dpo

efina
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby Honey Bunny » Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:27 pm

Total Body Circuit always kicks major butt. The past couple of workouts kept making me want to move over from ALPHA to BETA ( which is another 5 DVDS to are faster, more agility and really start focusing on toning), But this workout reminds me, not yet. Haha. I'm suppose to do 4 weeks ALPHA then BETA, but the first 2 weeks of my FEB challenge group were not my strongest, so I decided to redo those.

Lunges & squats!

Theres some crazy thing out there in the World Wide Web that says..

Anyone up for a challenge? Rain check?

I think every workout I do squats, plenty and with a progression...but thats a challenge on its own for sure.

Any takers?

Todays Workout!

T25: ALPHA TOTAL BODY CIRCUIT
How I did: Barely Made it!
We did: Push-ups, Spider pushups, planks, lunges, squats, lunge squat progressions, sprint ups, OH and sooo much more.
25 MINUTES
DEFINITELY ON MODERATOR

I am doing my first ever Prenatal yoga class tomorrow.. I have no idea what to expect.. Will be enough of a workout.. ? Will it be breath in breath out, relax? hmmmmmmm. The anticipation is killing me. So I will be working out early in the morning just incase. Im actually looking forward to trying it out, meeting other moms, and moms-to-be, and maybe potential play dates [= I will update on my experience tomorrow!

Remember ladies...

Good Night!
Honey Bunny

Postby Honey Bunny » Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:40 pm

efina wrote:You are soo good at posting your here and impressed by your workouts. You seem to be doing well and I like your motivation. Since Friday I have done some yoga, went for a run and a cardio exercise video. I really like this ladies Yoga videos, and if anyone else has a different yoga video they like, let me know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOuOkMf ... pd4lnPvJyD

Do you also get very bloated when working out? For me it's the worst time of the day, and I look huge, but then it settles down right after.

Thanks hun! Im doing fantastic over here! Glad your staying active, and motivated, and that I can help even just a bit.

Wow her video! Shes sooo LIMBER!! She has a perfect form. I like her already. I really cant give much opinion on yoga. I tried to do it one time, but then again it was a DVD for P90X and I think It was just too much. From that day on I was convinced my balance sucked. I did purchase a DVD about 2 months ago.. I only did it once.

http://www.amazon.com/Prenatal-Yoga-Shi ... B0000BYNMH

I didnt find it to be challenging enough. So I moved on.

Bloat, im not bloating. But you are stil early on in pregnancy, and any where from 5-10 weeks I felt bloated so totally normal if your having it. Yes its totally weird how it fluctuates throughout the day. Specially depending on what you eat. Hopefully your bloat goes away soon.

What cardio video are you doing? Im always looking for a good cardio workout to try. Keep doing what your doing! You will feel soo good about every workout I promise. It kinda amazes me where I get the energy every day to workout. Some days I don't even want to, but the feeling after a workout is amazing & I have to. Keep at it!!
Honey Bunny

Next

Return to General Pregnancy Board