My Fitness Journal -* PP Update PG 5*

Anything pregnancy-related can be discussed here

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, admin_fertilityfan

Re: My Fitness Journal

Postby Honey Bunny » Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:02 pm

Tried out prenatal yoga, actually first real yoga class ever.

Well it was not my cup of tea.

"Breath in Peace, Breath out Fear"

From my understanding there are different types of prenatal yoga. This was Kundalini. We were always in sitting position, sometimes in knees and arms (cat-cow pose). NO SWEAT.. lots of meditation, and breathing. I did appreciate getting to use my lungs to the fullest, and learn how to exhale and inhale correctly.

I was hoping for more of a workout. I did meet a girl who is due 3 days or so before me. That was fun! Maybe the fact that it was just the instructor and 2 of us? Well for now again My search will continue.

Thankfully I did workout before I went there. I had a feeling. You know how I knew it left me needing something?.... When right after I thought, "Maybe I should go to the gym and workout my upper body".

Moving on.

WEEK #2 DAY #3

Workout: T25 Speed 1.0 (My favorite of the bunch)
How I did: Nailed it!
25 minutes

I hope anyone reading this, and wants to join in, please does so. I hope this topic, and my updates gets a couple of you up and about. I know its hard, life gets in the way, WORK,WORK, family, cooking, homework, school, you might not feel good, or whatever it may be. However you and your baby deserve to keep moving through this pregnancy. You will thank yourself the moment you finish that activity.

I am not asking anyone to try out T25 or go out to the gym and workout for an hour. Its not for everyone, and I understand everyone is at a different fitness, and health level. Even if its walking your dog, go window shopping for your baby, time your walk ( iphones now have a pedometer as part of their health app). Go out for a bike ride. Decide to take the stairs at work instead of the elevator, the possibilities and the opportunities are there! They dont have to scream or have WORKOUT, SWEAT written all over them. If you cleaned the house, or walked to pick your kids. Thats what its all about!

Well, I've also made a deal with baby and myself to try to go to bed earlier now. Im finding baby the most active from midnight to around 2 am. I think its learning it from mom, so I need to make sure to set a better example early on. Good night everyone and keep moving!!

XO
Honey Bunny

Postby Honey Bunny » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:10 pm

WE ARE 22 WEEKS TODAY!! WOOHOO!

Week #2 Day #4
Workout done!

Workout: Brazil Butt Lift: Bum Bum
How I did: Barely made it, took breaks, and modified
What I did: Squats, lunges, side lunges, kicks, side oblique kicks, modified burpees, I need to start keeping track of all of it, but man it kicked my butt!

Time:30 Minutes

I will be sharing my story and results on my first round of Brazil Butt Lift. So if anyone would like to read or just see those please keep posted [=
Honey Bunny

Postby Honey Bunny » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:51 pm

Today we did Brazil Butt Lift. You know the one on the infomercials... yes that one. I did it 2 years ago, this was my first workout program. I had finally hit my heaviest at 152 and felt miserable....Coming from someone who has always been at 125, it was in shock. I didn't know how it happened, but I knew I could blame my self, It was easy. I was at a very sad point physically, and of course that also took a toll on me emotionally. I cried it out, but realized that did not help. Friends would say " Oh you are fine", but as individuals, we know where we should be, and know where we feel the most beautiful, and I was soo far from that. One night, I saw this commercial, and decided well why not give it a try. Well.. It was a hell of a journey, a drastic change, One that required better choices, and decisions from my part. But, It sure helped! I lost a little over 16lbs, I cannot remember how many inches overall.

Usually its transformation Thursday, however for the sake of this, Im making it Transformation Thursday.

(I apologize if these pics end up being huge sizes) But...

I am pretty proud of what I did, and how I did it, and wanted to share the results of what dedication and hard work gets you. Show you what my journey was, how I got here. This pregnancy is an excuse to keep active. I know my baby deserves a healthy and active body and I owe it to him/her to keep us both healthy.... If I dont who else wiil?

The Journey
Please realize that these pictures I rarely share (only with my challenge groups) But I know that accepting and knowing where I was is part of understanding where I am going, and never to look back.

There is always a picture that brings you to that turning point.. & This is it. Family vacation.

This is Half way through the challenge

This was a picture following my completion of the program

This was half way through my 1st round of T25 last year ( Which I am doing at the moment)

So far that has been my journey. Its been a tough one, but regardless possible. For me I know the fear of gaining lots of weight is there. Its a new experience, but with the combination of going into a depressed state is what really worries me. Women fall into PPD, its common, and I am scared of the thought of suffering from this and in addition the depression of my changed body. Please do not feel as if this is about keeping the weight off, its deeper than that to me. I don't want to fall into that "PLACE" again, after birth, when I should be enjoying my new bundle. I am excited for this little person growing inside me, I know the road will be hard. I don't know If I will be working out every day come month 8, let alone 6 or 7. I Know my body will change, I have no idea whats coming. However I am coming to terms with the idea that whatever this baby decides to do for the coming months, as long as I know I did everything in my power to keep healthy and active through it all I cannot complain.

Cheers to the next 18 weeks of growth & healthy choices! XO
Good Night ladies!
Honey Bunny

Postby 3-liz » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:41 am

Wow this is amazing and you look gorgeous!
You inspired me, I just downloaded a pregnancy workout app to start working out at home :)
Me 31, Him 32 Both french living in Barcelona
TTC #1
BFP at cycle 3 @11dpo

Our little girl is here! Charlie is born on sept 1st 2015!
3-liz
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Honey Bunny » Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:05 am

3-liz wrote:Wow this is amazing and you look gorgeous!
You inspired me, I just downloaded a pregnancy workout app to start working out at home :)

3-liz thats fantastic! Which app are you using? I have a couple but not geared towards pregnancy, so thats a great idea. Start off slow, don't rush into doing to much to soon. On another note, do always run any new program, or routine (other than the usual walking, elliptical, treadmill, low impact workouts) by your OB/Midwife.

Whatever workout you decide to do, keep hydrated, pace yourself, (if you cant keep up, remember at your own pace), do not over do yourself to the point of exhaustion, do not overheat yourself, stretch before and after, and do not strain your back. In other words just listen to your body.

I am soo excited for you! I cant wait to hear all about what you decide to do. Thank you for the kind words, I am glad I can be of some inspiration.

xo
Me: 27
DH : 53

Image IT'S A GIRL!Image
Claire Olivia
Born: July 17th, 2015

Baby # 2 EDD JULY 16th, 2016 - Team Green Again!

Honey Bunny

Postby Honey Bunny » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:38 pm

Today I decided to make it Rest day!

I was about to workout around 5pm, but felt really tired, so I went to lay down and fell sleep. Yup I did. My DH called, so the phone woke me up. Right of the bat I felt this feeling that I can only describe as, The feeling after being at the beach for a long time, and the sun was beaming down on you. So I was not feeling that great. Went to the bathroom, and right away I felt something running down my nose, I had a nose bleed. I've never had one in my life. I was taken by surprised, thankfully I know they are part of the long list of pregnancy symptoms. It quickly stopped after about 5 minutes. Soo I read to:

+ just keep your head elevated above your heart
+Do not lay down since It might make you swallow blood and make you vomit
+Sit down, Rest
+Hydrate
+if it does not stop and its been over 20 minutes to head over to get checked ASAP since it can indicate your not able to coagulate well.

Once that was resolved, I decided to take my dog out for a long walk, and we stil got some blood pumping & Fresh air.

We walked for about 40 minutes.

This is one of those times like everyone always suggests, Listen to your body. Im glad I did not work out since I am sure that would of really taken a lot out of my body. Thats never healthy for baby or me.

I will continue tomorrow if I feel better, which I already do. For now, I will have a nice shower and have some tea and call it a night.

Have a wonderful weekend ladies!
Honey Bunny

Postby Honey Bunny » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:17 pm

I will be doing a quick update here!

Woke up much better today. I had a minor nose bleed again early in the morning, but it quickly stopped.

I decided to work on something less cardio and more strengthening. So upper body it was!

Week#2 Day #6
Workout: Gym day!
What I did: 30 minutes on treadmill, 30 minutes upper body weights.

I am looking forward to stretch day tomorrow! Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Honey Bunny

Postby s4mm13 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:33 am

Oh my gosh Isis, you're really going for it. Good for you!

My body won't let me do things like this, if I over exert I get a lot of pain in my lower abdomen which is horrid.

Keep up this amazing work :)
Me 29
DH 30
Oscar forever 5 months
Our beautiful son Oscar, born 24/2/14 at 32 weeks with Tetralogy of Fallot, oesophageal atresia and tracheo oesophageal fistula. Earned his wings aged 5 months and 1 day.

Oscar is going to be a big brother. BFP #2 29/11/14

Arlo William, our beautiful rainbow born safely 22nd July 2015

s4mm13

Postby Honey Bunny » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:06 pm

Well workout done ! A whole new week ! Woohoo! Hope all you ladies had a wonderful weekend .

Wow, well yesterday I did not do an update, but I only had my stretch day, so you did not miss much .

Today was fantastic !! I'm getting so much better at my push-ups ! I am able to get my chest closer to the floor. I am sure soon enough baby will get in the way, but it's great to know that the upper body strength is getting better.

Week #3 Day #1
Workout : T25 Alpha Total Body Circuit
How I did : Nailed it!
Time: 25 minutes

Honey Bunny

Postby Honey Bunny » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:57 pm

Happy St. Patty's Day ya'll!

It ain't as fun not being able to drink green beer, but the reason to as why is soo worth it.

Well I had a long walk earlier this morning. Took my little 6 lb dog. She was not a happy camper. We did a little under 3 miles, until DH found us on the road on his way back from the gym. She was super excited to see him. She was exhausted for sure!

Todays' workout was, oh so needed. It was perfect. I did not get a good night sleep last night. My sleep is getting worse and worse. I tried to take a nap in the afternoon.. Usually this is no problem.. today I tried from 1:30pm to about 4 pm.... :mad: 8O nothing! I was sooo tired, I had bags, and dark circles under my eyes.. I really want my sleep back! But again its all worth it at the end.

I really didn't want to workout, however it always starts like that, and the moment I am done, its like an amazing feeling. Loved my workout.

Todays workout
Week #3 Day #2
Workout: T25 Alpha Speed 1.0
How I did: We nailed it!
Time: 25 Minutes

P.s. My little half irish baby says Happy St. Patty's Day to all!

I've made up my mind that starting tomorrow.. I will give up bad carbs... I know its not good to cut out on all carbs... specially good complex carbs.. But probably no more pasta and breads and pizza, and a million other amazing things.. I have an amazing book that helps on what to chose instead of the bad carbs during pregnancy.. I will read up on those and make a list and hopefully I can stick to those..

Well good night, and keep moving ladies!!
Honey Bunny

Postby 1daysoon » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:14 pm

LOVE THIS!!! I'm soooo motivated to get back into a workout, protein shake,eat good routine after baby's born right now I just can't find any kind of energy to do a workout routine...I walk around all day at work which I def count as exercise our office is huge and I have to walk from one end to another...I do lots of cleaning at home I sure break a sweat so even though I don't follow the routines I used to as I find them too much for now I def stay active...I'm gonna try the t25 and butt lift dvds after baby! You did such a great job and look fantastic girl keep up the good work!
Me: Steph 26 Dh: 27 DD: 6
10/29/14 :bfp:
7 week us: :hb: 120
11week NT scan: :hb: 158 results all good, may be a boy??
16 week elective us: IT'S A BOY!!!! Finally officially announced we're expecting!

1daysoon

Postby Honey Bunny » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:36 pm

1daysoon wrote:LOVE THIS!!! I'm soooo motivated to get back into a workout, protein shake,eat good routine after baby's born right now I just can't find any kind of energy to do a workout routine...I walk around all day at work which I def count as exercise our office is huge and I have to walk from one end to another...I do lots of cleaning at home I sure break a sweat so even though I don't follow the routines I used to as I find them too much for now I def stay active...I'm gonna try the t25 and butt lift dvds after baby! You did such a great job and look fantastic girl keep up the good work!

Steph thanks girl! I am doing what I can do. Hopefully the belly doesnt get too much in the way. If it does Ill still got the gym.
Yes after baby I am soooOooOo ready to do my workouts without the Heart rate and modification restrictions. Thankfully by doing them now, Its stil getting me used to the cardio and that way its not a shock when I get back into the swing of things. Keeping conditioned for sure. We should set something up so we keep each other on track after baby for sure. Glad to know you are already thinking of it. You will love the workouts! Doing what your doing in the office most people dont think of it as a workout but I bet you walk tons, if you would track it probably a good amount of miles per week so your already doing your part. Your already lapping many for sure! High five to that!
Honey Bunny

Postby Honey Bunny » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:47 pm

Changed things up today and decided to do Brazil Butt Lift.

Cardio Axe, its not high impact, however it does work hard at your cardio, so water is my best friend, and lots of deep focused breathing.

Decided to workout really early today. I use to wake up at 6 am and do my workouts, however now with baby and my lack of sleep at night I cannot seem to have the energy that early. So I did it later in the afternoon. We had ladies night out tonight, had Indian food which is one of my favorites.. Love love love it! Specially right now that I am stil having meat aversions, Love my spices and salads.. It was a dinner buffet, I am pleased to say I only did one trip around the buffet.. That was enough.. So that was another reason I worked out earlier.. I just knew I would not be up to working out after my dinner. :wink:

A group of us walked around after dinner, helped the digestion and walk off the dinner. Luckily we had dinner right around my house. I was able to walk with them for a while and they walked me home.. So extra little workout jus there.

Todays Workout
Workout: Brazil Butt Lift Cardio Axe
What we did: Tons of cardio, dancing, concentrating on our booty, abs and lower body.
How I did: Nailed it!
TIme: 35 Minute

Honey Bunny

Postby Honey Bunny » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:52 pm

MIA LAST NIGHT, SORRY!

It was such a long day for me. Woke up super early (6am) with DH to try to watch our first sunrise on the east coast.. 7:25 sunrise but it was a bit overcast in the horizon over the ocean.. BOO! We live a block away or so from the beach and just moved out to south Florida. We will work on this again soon. Decided to make breakfast and have it at the beach to watch the sunrise next time.

Then the remainder of the day I ran errands to change my last name, finally, to my married name at the DMV, went and updated my private bank account and added to DH account. Walked toooo much around a furniture to find a lounge chair for one of our guest rooms. By the time I got home I was sOoo tired. I was drained. Came home straight for the bed, napped for a good amount of time. Felt super dehydrated and just exhausted Took it easy for the rest of the day. I could not workout. Not enough pep in my step to workout. SO I DECLARED IT REST DAY! 8)

So Today! I felt renewed, I mean Im stil pregnant so its not like the back pain and insomnia has left. Good enough and with enough energy to do a double day!.. Usually on Fridays T25 requires a double day. Being that You workout 5 days, 1 rest day, and 1 stretch day, its like really working out 6 days. So I did it today.

Today's Workout

WEEK #3 DAY #5
Workout: T25 ALPHA CARDIO + BBL High & Tight
What we did: Squats, lunges, jumping jacks (modified)mountain climbers, sprints, standing band workouts, and floor band workouts. CLAMSHELL!! see pic below haha, these are brutal but they burn the way it should burn knowing its working your tush!
How we did: T25 - NAILED IT!! BBL - FELT THE BURN, WILL FEEL IT TOMORROW! :wink:
Time: 54 Minutes 445 Calories ( Did not take pic of my monitor)

P.S. If you are looking to get your tush in shape after baby, wont we all.. BBLs High & Tight is no joke.. Its such a fantastic workout and it really works (focuses) parts of it that you do not know of, but can feel them burning when your working them out.. 5 stars!

Have a wonderful weekend ladies! Keep moving !
Honey Bunny

Postby Honey Bunny » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:58 am

Well just a quick update before I come back later.

Yesterday was stretch day. Nothing fancy! I did go out for a nice short bike ride. Be back later to update on todays workout. Have an amazing and safe Sunday!
Honey Bunny

PreviousNext

Return to General Pregnancy Board