My Fitness Journal -* PP Update PG 5*

Anything pregnancy-related can be discussed here

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, admin_fertilityfan

Re: My Fitness Journal

Postby Honey Bunny » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:03 am

s4mm13 wrote:Oh my gosh Isis, you're really going for it. Good for you!

My body won't let me do things like this, if I over exert I get a lot of pain in my lower abdomen which is horrid.

Keep up this amazing work :)

Yes I am, don't ask me how, I think this little baby is giving me extra encouragement and energy. Plus its only fair to keep its home and both of us healthy, If my body allows it.

Yes its not for everyone, dont feel bad about not being able to do it, at your own speed and time like I always say. Walking alone is amazing or try powerwalking. [= Let me know if you need more suggestions! Im here to help!
Honey Bunny

Postby Honey Bunny » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:52 pm

Cheers to the end of the week. Boo to tomorrow being Monday. Truly have felt this week went by too fast.

Workout is done! I feel amazing knowing it got done.. I was not too excited to workout today. Came home after registering for baby and man I was tired. Decided to get it together and get it done! Glad I did! :D

This is how I felt afterward!

Todays Workout

Week #3 Day#7
Workout: T25 Alpha Lower Focus
How we did: Nailed it!
What we did: Lower body, squats, calfs raises, lunges, squat lunge progressions, jumping jacks, Lunge hold, lunge pulses, LUNGES GALORE!
Time: 25 Minutes

Looking forward to tomorrow, and starting a whole new week! Have a wonderful week ladies, and make it amazing!
Honey Bunny

Postby 1daysoon » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:05 am

Uhhh I see a belly peaking out in a pic! Ur welcome! We should def set something up to keep each other going that would help I usually wake up around 5:30am when I work out gives me enough time to ride some bike or jog and then follow a workout video or do some squats...I'm not sure exactly when I'll get into the swing of things we'll have to see how babies sleep...I want to get the nutri bullet too to make shakes I'm so excited can't wait! I bet I walk a few miles a week at work too I have to buy one of those things that track ur steps for sure....breakfast on the beach sounds so romantic I'm jelly
Me: Steph 26 Dh: 27 DD: 6
10/29/14 :bfp:
7 week us: :hb: 120
11week NT scan: :hb: 158 results all good, may be a boy??
16 week elective us: IT'S A BOY!!!! Finally officially announced we're expecting!

1daysoon

Postby Honey Bunny » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:46 pm

Sad to say, Im taking my rest day today. I planned my day sooo wrong all around, and by the time I did have time, I had to go pick up my SIL from the airport and then of course have dinner. I am just getting home now. Feel like a loser.

Well :cry: Im bummed, but its happens. Tomorrows a good day. Thinking of making it a gym day and working on upper body. I hate taking a rest day specially on a day when I am fully able to workout. I like saving them when in fact my body wants and needs a break. :doh:

Time to hit the hay! Good night ladies!
Honey Bunny

Postby Honey Bunny » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:55 pm

Done & Done!

Went to watch Cinderella, such a great picture! Love Downton Abbey so of course I love watching Lily James, and boy oh boy Cate Blanchett takes the cake.. Shes amazing and such a talent.. A must watch for sure!

Todays Workout
Week #4 Day #2
Workout: Alpha Cardio
How I did: Nailed it!
Time: 25 Minutes

Hope everyones week is going swell. Doesn't it feel like the week is going by soo quick! Its already going to be WED!! and March is almost over.. Babies are going to be here before you know it! So exciting!
Honey Bunny

Postby buttercakes » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:58 pm

This is great you're doing so much! I'm a runner so I run 4x a week. Mon=4 mi, Weds. = 5mi, Fri =4 mi Sat. 6mi. I'm signed up for a half marathon on May (Mother's Day) so I'll be running/walking that. I'll see how I feel in terms of how much running vs walking I'm doing. With that coming up I'm adding a mile to my Saturday runs. So this Sat. will be 7 miles. But if I'm too tired I'll walk if I need to. Definitely paying attention to my body. My Dr. said it was fine because I was a runner prior to getting pregnant. She said just to make sure that I can still talk while running and not out of breathe. At 12 weeks, I finally felt really good on my 5 mi run this morning. It was a struggle to run with feeling nauseous before. I'm much slower than before but I'm happy to get out and get the fresh air. I think it really helped me with my ms and exhaustion. I'm still tired but I feel like it would've been worse if I didn't keep exercising. I don't see a lot pregnant women exercising or even mentioning it so it's great to see you doing it and sticking it out! I love that you are further along than me and are still doing it. It gives me hope that I'll be able to do it through my 2nd trimester!
TTC # Since 11/13
BFP 1/29/15
8w4days BMP 168
11w4day BMP 157
EDD 10/5/15
buttercakes

Postby Honey Bunny » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:40 pm

Workout done!

I need to start updating much earlier than this. I am in FL and I always seem to post in the last half hour of the day. :doh:

Well Anyway, glucose test tomorrow morning, I am crossing my fingers all is well. I love my small amounts of sugar, and treats I get one and a while, would hate to cut down to 0. Well I will update later in regards to how It went.

I will be traveling back to CA tomorrow to visit friends and family. My parents cannot wait to see me. They have not seen the bump since about 15 weeks or so... So lots has happened. I will try to bring my workouts with me, I might just end up making the rest of my visit there gym days. Im in need of an upper body and leg day, So its perfect!

Update on my weight. I have hit a 10lb gain, Finally. I keep wondering if its a healthy gain weigh, but everything from our 20 week scan measured baby on track. Not worried one bit of the gain. I also need to remember even though I am not trying to lose weight, I am trying to gain the weight in a healthy way, by keeping active. I also have to remember I could perhaps be gaining muscle weight back, which I aint mad at that. :mrgreen:

Todays Workout

Week #4 Day #3
Workout: T25 Total Body Circuit
How I did: Barely Made it!
Time: 25 minutes

Honey Bunny

Postby catdenels » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:54 am

Oh YEAH!!! I am jumping on this! I have taken a bit of a hiatus from working out this first trimester, but my ms is starting to go away, so I am definitely getting back in the saddle.

HoneyBunny - you are totally an inspiration keeping a journal on this! Way to go girl and keep it up!

So here is a short background on me...I am one of "those" people who is constantly trying to gain weight, so now that I am pregnant, I am really doing my best to eat as much as possible, but also as healthy and as clean as possible. I am really good about prepping meals, so I know what I am consuming and keeping it tasty, and so I never have the excuse of I just could not find something healthy to eat. I work full time and live an hour away from work, so my time is very limited. I am hoping pregnancy will actually help me to "grow a butt" LOL!

I LOVE hot yoga, but have stopped doing that for the past few weeks just because I was feeling nauseous a lot and did not want the heat to aggravate it, but Dr has told me, as long as I do the beginner or prenatal class and don't over work myself, I am free to go to class. I also go to the gym or get a workout in at home. At the very least, if I am tired or not feeling well, I will take my dog for a long walk when I get home from work.
catdenels

Postby Honey Bunny » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:25 am

GLUCOSE TEST SUCKS! :mad: :x

Of course the moment I start drinking it..Its amazing.. Mind you I had the red punch looking one. Tasted like Hawaiian punch, all was amazing. Drank in within 2 minutes... Then 30 minutes after its the worse feeling going over me. Sugar overdose for sure... Nausea, and an uneasy feeling over me, but I am able to shake it off..

Time to draw blood... 4 vials.. My left arm was not cooperating, so we tried the right... Not happening either.. So we had to draw blood through the top of my hand. Not fun but it needed to happen. No way would I come another day, or drink that stuff ever again.

1st vial, 2nd vial, 3rd vial.... my vision starts to dim, I start getting hot & cold, and have cold sweats,.. Of course the nurse asks me if she needs to stop, if I am ok.. I say NO to keep going.. so last 4th Vial.. was rough and sooo brutal.. I honestly thought I would pass out. They brought me water, and a candy. I never understood how people fainted or got ill during this process, or any process during blood drawn. BUT NOW I GET IT!! I GET IT!! I was allowed to eat and drink before my test, and I decided to put it off, and I think this was the mistake..

Well the rest of the day I had to recoup from that. Got in a plane to LA... was delayed in the plane on the runway for abut 45 minutes. If you've ever been in a plane, you know sometimes they no longer run the AC and have the regular general air, which is not hot or cold, just recycling and circulating.. Well I knew it in my gut, when I started hearing people cough, and blow their nose, and a lady walk by with a face mask. I WAS BOUND TO GET SICK...

Half way through my flight.. I start getting hot, and feel like a small fever is developing. Then the runny nose, then the congested nose, then the itchy and watery eyes. I can't beging to talk about the soar throat. I also wonder if perhaps the glucola drink made my throat soar. I did start feeling my throat close up, almost like swell/itchy/scratchy feeling after the test.

Well I am having, peach/chamomile tea, vicks vapo rub, under my nose, kleenex boxes, and had some emergen-c. TONS AND TONS OF WATER.

I was not able to workout yesterday. & I am not sure if todays workout will happen. I will keep an eye on my temp, and symptoms throughout the day. I most likely just track my steps and take a long walk later tonight.

Being sick in general sucks!, Being sick + Pregnant is stressfull. Thats when you know your becoming a mom. When Its not about if your okay, but your trying to do everything possible to make sure baby is ok.

Well ladies, I hope you all have a fantastic Friday, and a beautiful weekend!
Me: 27
DH : 53

Image IT'S A GIRL!Image
Claire Olivia
Born: July 17th, 2015

Baby # 2 EDD JULY 16th, 2016 - Team Green Again!

Honey Bunny

Postby Honey Bunny » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:44 pm

What a way to end the week!

Earlier today, I had horrible, horrible news that my father had felt ill during a soccer game, and was rushed to the ER. My mother didn't notify me immediately. She texted my DH and my brother called him to let him know what was going on. Due to my pregnancy, and the way the news could make me feel physically, and emotionally, She did not want me to know. Of course he made sure to inform me of this.

Well turns out he suffered a severe heart attack. His main artery was extremely blocked. When you think of things like this happening, you of course, never know when they will happen. God, I know is great, good, and always watching us. My father (who is a seventh day adventist) Was playing a morning soccer tournament with his church. The game was being held at the field of the Seventh Day adventist private high school. The high school is about 2 blocks away from the Glendale Seventh Day Adventist Hospital. At this hospital, not only was he being taken to their ER, but also to their new state of the art Heart & Vascular Institute outpatient center, with the best Dr's in the field at the ready for any procedure, intervention, and surgery.

With these types of things, sad to say but, it's almost fitting to say, being at the right place at the right time. My dad stays at home, while my mom works, and 2 younger siblings are at school. I can only imagine, how this same situation would of had a different outcome if he was alone, with no one to help.

Well I will say thankfully he had an emergency Angiography and a stent was put in and his main artery was fully cleared. One thing that was worrying me was of course the Dr Bill. My dad does not have insurance. Once again God is great, the church's insurance being associated to the Hospital picks up the bill. Its amazing. I was suppose to be in Florida, came for a week just to visit and this happens. I am glad at least that I was here.

The pain was so much, he had soo much morphine to relieve it. He is staying overnight in ICU. For what it was, and how serious it was, he is fully awake, alert, and making jokes. He kept telling me he was so scared, and kept thinking of my siblings and I, and perhaps not seeing us again. He kept going and said he was sad if this was it, that he would not see his grandchild... of course That broke my heart. I am counting our endless blessings tonight.

I know this has nothing to do with the fitness journal, however in a sense, its another reason for me to remind myself to keep active, always be onto my health, and know whats going on internally. My dad is pretty fit (by no means goes to the gym or workouts), has no illness, no past surgeries, never has been on medication. Limit his meat intake, and always eat healthy. So it goes to show you, things like this don't pick and choose, they happen to anyone. We can only try to keep our bodies as healthy as possible.

I'm stil dealing with my cold, congestion, and sore throat. Thankfully my mild fever never got past 100.4 and Tylenol as much as I did not want to take any did in fact help control it. I am hoping to get in the swing of things again once my dad gets through this ordeal.

Have a good week everyone! Be safe out there !
Honey Bunny

Postby Honey Bunny » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:58 pm

Happy Late Easter everyone!! Hope everyone had a safe and exciting weekend and spring break!

Alright! After a long long hiatus, I am back. I am back at home in FL, dad is recovering fantastically for how serious the situation got. My cold is gone, I just have a nose and cough that are just stubborn, and are stil present.

I will redo week 5 which I never began. Next monday I will start Week #1 of Beta phase. Which I am excited about. What I am not excited about is loosing 3lbs while my dad was in the hospital. The whole ordeal was not good and as much as I tried to not stress it was hard not to. I tried to eat as much as possible, but in addition to the situation, being on the west coast, my eating timing was way off, and I never got to really sync. So im back to about a 9/10 lbs gain.

Had my workout inside then took my dog out for a walk, hence the background [=

Today's Workout
Week#5 Day#1
Workout: T25 Alpha Speed 1.0
Time:25
How we did: Nailed it!

How is everyone else doing?
Honey Bunny

Postby Honey Bunny » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:07 pm

I can tell I had a week off when my lunge holds burn like they did day 1.

Today's Workout
Week#5 Day#2
Workout: T25 Alpha Lower Focus
How we did: Barely Made it!
Time: 25 minutes !

On another note, it's getting harder not to take a break in between just to pee. It's actually pretty funny! I do keep plenty hydrated before, during and after the workout so I mean it makes sense.
Honey Bunny

Postby Honey Bunny » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:07 pm

Well gym day it was.. Nothing much to update on. Happy Hump day everyone.. well at least whats left of it!

Todays Workout
Week#5 Day#3
Gym Day: Upper Body weights, and 20 minutes on stair stepper.
Time: 1 hour
Trying to keep a poker face, while taking my picture [=

Anyone have any natural remedies for acne?? I feel like this is getting worse and worse.. they say it means a boy, but doesnt it go, girls take the mothers beauty away?! Goodness.. these flareups are no joke, its like going through puberty again. :doh:
Honey Bunny

Postby Honey Bunny » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:18 pm

Quick update . Took my rest day today. I have family over this last week and we did miniature golfing earlier ... Totally tired me out . Have a good Friday ladies !
Me: 27
DH : 53

Image IT'S A GIRL!Image
Claire Olivia
Born: July 17th, 2015

Baby # 2 EDD JULY 16th, 2016 - Team Green Again!

Honey Bunny

Postby Honey Bunny » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:46 pm

Well we decided to head to the gym today again and make up for yesterdays rest day. Well Plus I had extra energy today. No nap today 8O so Im hoping I will get a good nights sleep, which Ive not had one in a long time.

Todays Workout
Week#5 Day#5
GYM DAY!
20 Min Treadmill, 30 Mins Elliptical, 40 Mins Thigh Abductor/Keagel workouts, and some upper body.
Time: 1 1/2 Hours

Feeling pretty good. Glad I was able to get in, and work lower body. Next week, for the second half of T25, we will focus more on upper body using resistance bands and dumbbells.. I am pretty excited about working upper body. Im getting a bit untoned and coming un done in the upper half of me.

Welp, have a fantastic and productive weekend ladies!
Honey Bunny

PreviousNext

Return to General Pregnancy Board