My Fitness Journal -* PP Update PG 5*

Anything pregnancy-related can be discussed here

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, admin_fertilityfan

Re: My Fitness Journal

Postby Honey Bunny » Fri May 01, 2015 9:06 pm

1daysoon wrote:Heyy...if u haven't been to NJ yet let me knw! It would be great to meet up if ur close by me :) that chicken u made the other day looks soooo good, would u mind passing along the recipe?...keep it up girl u look great!

Ill try to post it up this weekend! We don't go up to NJ that often, but next time we are, I will surely give you a headsup! :D
Honey Bunny

Postby 1daysoon » Sat May 02, 2015 3:19 pm

Thankss! Awww mann I was hoping u were still around, another time!
Me: Steph 26 Dh: 27 DD: 6
10/29/14 :bfp:
7 week us: :hb: 120
11week NT scan: :hb: 158 results all good, may be a boy??
16 week elective us: IT'S A BOY!!!! Finally officially announced we're expecting!

1daysoon

Postby Honey Bunny » Sat May 02, 2015 9:30 pm

Whose watching the fight?!! This girl is!! So exciting.. To be honest, I cannot watch boxing. I do not like seeing people get hurt, or hit, and it just makes me ill. we decided to order the fight and watch from home, just because its a huge fight, and well its one for the books. Anyone else?

Today's Workout
Week #8 Day #6
Workout: Replaced my stretch day with - Walked 3.25 Miles

DH and I visited the Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens close to our house. We where there about little under 2 hours. Walked around maybe 1.25 miles. Did alot of picture taking, and lots of looking at amazing architecture and artifacts, in addition to beautiful gardens.

Then later tonight, walked my dog for a while and came back home. while awaiting the infamous MayPac fight, I decided to get on the treadmill for 45 minutes and walk it out. Tried out the new treadmill and loved it.

Have a good night ladies!
Honey Bunny

Postby Honey Bunny » Wed May 06, 2015 8:59 pm

Happy Hump day!!

I've been MIA. I know. I took a bit of a break Monday and Tuesday. I've had a crazy start to the week. I did however walk alot running errands the past couple of days.

Today's Workout
Week#9 Day #1
Workout: Beta Rip'T Circuit
What we did: Upper Body, cardio, squats, lunges, weights, and core
How we did: NAILED IT!
Time: 25 Minutes

RANT OF THE DAY!

Yes I had sushi. I've got one comment in regards to the above picture of my bento box.. I posted it on instagram, and one of my friends pointed out that " it is not safe for pregnant women to be eating sushi, or raw fish"......

I wanted to slap the crazy out of her! Firstly, when dealing with sushi she kinda messed with the wrong person. I know my sushi, and this is not what, I would call sushi. This is american "sushi".. 2ndly .. all these items are cooked!! Haha IDIOT! yes I said it! Grilled Salmon teriyaki, getting my Omega 3's, thank you very much. California rolls are always made with cooked crab meat, and my nigiri pieces are cooked crab, and cooked ebi- shrimp.. Any cooked sushi is fine.. including tempura rolls, baked salmon, baked scallop rolls, california rolls, salmon skin rolls (all as long as they are not garnished or topped with any roe, raw fish, or quail egg. I would even say, if I did have raw sushi in moderation, baby and I would be ok. All in moderation, some Dr's don't even mind it. Mine does, and I just don't eat it, I have not had raw sushi since last October!

I don't do cheap sushi, gas station sushi, grocery store sushi (unless its from whole foods and all is organic..) not even hole in the wall sushi. Regardless pregnant or not, I only go to reputable Japanese restaurants that only serve Sushi grade fish. Who also have A grades from inspections, who I know are always properly making, producing, prepping and serving sushi.. from one order to the next. Just because you see a piece of raw salmon at the store does not mean that sushi grade salmon. you cant cut it up and say its salmon sashimi.. alot of people do not know this and assume all raw fish is same fish..

Of course I didn't slap the silly of her face, but I did do it virtually, :argue: and pointed all the above to her... She said Ok okay.. smile * smile *

I really hate it when people decide to impose on you, their rules, and their thoughts on how to handle your pregnancy. I understand she might of been looking out for me.. however there is a fine line between being concerned and not knowing facts, and just saying anything that comes to mind. So over people like that. Ugh!

Well have a good night ladies! I have my 30 week appointment tomorrow! Hoping to see if we can figure out if baby is down or not.. I feel like he/she is.. getting more low low movement in the past days! Wish me luck! Be and stay safe everyone!
Honey Bunny

Postby Honey Bunny » Fri May 08, 2015 8:59 pm

Another week going by! Hooray!

I am now 30 weeks as of yesterday. All is going well, however I am feeling more tired, and my breathing and energy level is suffering.. Doing easy things like just putting on my sneakers is a job.. Walking and talking on the phone prove to be also kinda a job.. Things are not the same. Week 28 and 30 are like day and night.. I really wish I didn't get soo winded while working out but it is happening. I think I will officially be changing my workout routine to one that is less cardio, but more strength training.. so more lifting, squats, lunges, upper body, and alot of leg days to come.. Most likely alot more gym time. I am glad we have the treadmill at home, and the gym like .5 miles away. I also want to start using my birthing/balance ball and see what workouts I can incorporate while using that thing.. I just sit on it at the moment.. and it does help my back when it aches..

I think ideally my goal is to keep active anyway possible til delivery day.. I have a really nice loop that I start at my house, and it goes through a very nice residential area with amazing views into the intercoastal houses, and tress and landscaping.. then into the beach then back home.. it ends up being close to 3.5 miles.. I will start doing that circuit soon.

I think until further notice I have finished T25. :? Unless I feel up for the challenge and feel upto it, and find the energy for it. Who knows maybe just once or twice a week.. :mrgreen:

Yesterdays Workout
Workout:Treadmill
Time:40 Minutes

Today's Workout
Workout: Beta Core Cardio
How we did: Barely made it!
Time: 25 minutes

Well ladies, have a wonderful weekend! To those moms out there, I think we kinda all are now right?! :mrgreen:
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!! :balloons: :pregnant:
Honey Bunny

Postby Honey Bunny » Sun May 17, 2015 12:02 pm

A little weekend update. Its our 1 year anniversary!!. I am currently in California. I got here Wed night. We are here for some graduations, dinners, and of course our baby shower next Sunday. I decided to take last week off from T25. However I have been login in my walking, either on a treadmill or just 1 hour walks from last week. I will try to come back and share those with you tomorrow.

We had to leave our tile for our master bathroom picked out before we left for our contractor. So they are working on that while we are away.. Not having bathroom close by has been a struggle.. Walking to the other side of the house to our guest bathrooms, in the middle of the night, to pee 45 times at night... while pregnant, and sleep deprived is no fun. So I am over the moon of getting back and seeing this finished!

I will say since stopping my T25 for just a week ( and JUST doing walking) I've noticed a spike on my symptoms.. I have recently acquired heartburn, swelling, tail bone pain, I cant sit for too long cause I get really uncomfortable. So tired!! constant naps..headaches, My system seems backed up (bathroom wise) and I mean the list goes on. I am a true and firm believer that the lack of exercise is playing a huge role in the appearance of these. I have not worked out since Monday.. and even though I have enjoyed the week off, I feel miserable and will be working out as much as baby and my body allows me to.

I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend, and have a better and productive week ahead.
Me: 27
DH : 53

Image IT'S A GIRL!Image
Claire Olivia
Born: July 17th, 2015

Baby # 2 EDD JULY 16th, 2016 - Team Green Again!

Honey Bunny

Postby Honey Bunny » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:48 pm

Okay Okay! I am back!!

Our 3 month vacation and last minute trips are over. Now time to get this baby watch on the road.

We had a wonderful time at our baby shower in CA (May 24th). Spent what seemed a very short visit, with family and friends. Spent alot of time, visiting and catching up with friends.. Flew back to Florida for my 33 week appointment and left the following day to Maryland for a friends 50th Birthday, and final get away. Glad my OB ok'ed my flying before leaving...

IM DONE FLYING!! Hooray.

We are officially back home, and ready to get things figured out and settled.

WORKOUTS! >> No During my visit to MD and week after Shower I did not workout.. I kinda gave myself extra time to enjoy my family and friends and not stress too much about having to working out.

HOWEVER!
Okay I knew how much keeping fit and working out was beneficial during pregnancy. I never knew how much It was really helping in general. Since stopping the workouts.. I have begun experiencing

+swelling, both in my hands, and feet.
+Heartburn
+BH
+More exhaustion
+Some back pain
+headaches
+dizzy spells
+constipation
+Nausea (which I never had during my whole pregnancy) 8O

I have gained 5 lbs since leaving to CA over the past 3 weeks.. but that is a normal weight gain... However I have not been eating the healthiest.

I am excited to get back to working out. My younger sister gets here in 2 weeks, and I already have it planned to walk 3 miles a day, every morning before we get our day started. I think that should help, and get this baby going. Little over 6 weeks until we meet this little person! Keeping fit and active has been the best thing ever. I've gotten many compliments on the way I look, and how hard I've been working out. I've gotten a couple of "your so tiny!" AND some "I imagined you much bigger than this", or the "You look amazing pregnant" "You've never looked better" don't know if that's a compliment or not 8O . I've been posting and updating my whole fit pregnancy journey on FB with family and friends, and they are soo amazed, and proud of the way I've stuck to it. I am soo happy that I have aswell..

Well I hope everyone has been having a wonderful week thus far and have an amazing BUMP day tomorrow!

Good night world!
Honey Bunny

Postby Honey Bunny » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:22 pm

Welp I am back!

Shes Here!

Baby was a baby girl :hb: :future baby girl: ! Claire Olivia - Born July 17th, 2015 Weighing 7lbs 12oz via Emergency C-Sec.

She is a dream!
Birth Story

I have included my birth story if anyone would like to read it. Its too much to retype or to copy paste onto here.. So if you would like to read, please feel free to. http://www.twoweekwait.com/preg/community/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=267374

WORKOUTS!

I never got a chance to come back and update daily on workouts once we got back from our baby shower in CA. I was never able to get back into a routine. I tried my hardest to keep active, which proved to be difficult. The last weeks 36-37 were just soo plain uncomfortable! I enjoyed every minute of my pregnancy right until week 37/38. I was already having bad nights, with little sleep, uncomfortable side sleeping (im a tummy sleeper) since week 5 and on.. But It got really bad, and having a snoring DH and 6lb dog did not help.. Im not sure if the lack of working out, played a role in my hip pain, extra swelling, heartburn, and all those wonderful symptoms that I assumed I was lucky not to have, making an appearance the last month.. It was brutal...

The only workouts I did end up doing was alot of elliptical workouts at the gym, the treadmill, light dumbbells, and lots of 3 mile walks with DH before dinner time. I did bring it down alot.. 2-3x a week if at most.. Stil trying to keep active..

But I will just say I miss my belly now.. I miss my belly.. I have a beautiful baby to show for it.. but I miss the pokes, kicks, and just having a little life growing inside.. I mentioned this to DH that and he said.. time to get the Irish twins plan going... :doh: 8O

Haha not happening..

PP Workouts & Recovery!

Well back to workouts.. Due to my unexpected C-SEC. my PP workouts wont start as soon as I was hoping to start after baby. However I can surely share with you all my PP results.

I am happy to say that regardless of not having my Vaginal birth, my recovery after my C-SEC went pretty smooth. I had to make sure I did stay on top of my meds and not allow the pain to catch up with me. I was up walking the same day of my C-SEC, 12am C-SEC, and up walking out of chair and moving around 2 pm or so. I think the staying active did play a big role in allowing me to be up and about much quicker. Despite :

1. Not having Pre Op instructions for a C-sec days prior
2. Not mentally, and physically preparing for a C-sec,
3. Knowing what to expect day of a C-sec
4. Knowing what to expect during a C-sec
5. Not knowing what to expect Post C-sec and at home...

Everything has been fantastic. It helped also to have a bed at home that goes up and down, reclines back and can put your feet up.. It played a big part in my post recovery, and being able to nurse baby without having to get up. ..Minimal bleeding, my incision looks amazing, I love how flat, unnoticeable and low it is. If you weren't looking for it you wouldn't find it. My OB did an amazing job! My mom and grandma being in town did not understand where I was getting all the energy the day after and the days after my surgery.. They are very old fashioned and said.. "Doesn't look like you've just had a baby, doing the laundry and doing chores around the house..." They kept lecturing me on how I should be in bed for 2 weeks until I healed.. :roll: Yeah not gonna happen..I was out shopping at my local baby consignment store that was going out of business within a week PP, even driving there.. I was truly surprised myself on how well I was doing right away.. so well that I only stayed in the hospital 2 out of the 3 required days.. per my OB since she saw how well I was doing...Nurses seemed pretty amazed too..

On another note.. I know it will take me some time to get over it.. slowly I am forgetting about the whole ordeal of the c-sec and the scar....however I get bummed every so often... I worked so hard not to get a stretchmarks, and to have my dream birth, it is what it is, and I will take no stretch marks over nothing.. 50/50 is alright with me.. plus I have a healthy baby that one day I can show this beautiful scar and tell her all about her birth.

PP Results!

So here is my update PP on my stats:

Pre Pregnancy Weight: 141 LBS
40 Weeks total term Pregnancy Weight: 167 LBS
Total Gain: 26 LBS

1 Week PP - 22 LBS LOST

2 Weeks PP - 25 LBS LOST

I am happy about my PP results. It was hard to keep myself going, and at points thought WTH am I doing.. I can just sit back and eat and sleep and no one would judge since I am pregnant.. But I owed it to both of us to keep us healthy and happy throughout our 9/10 months together.. SOOO WORTH IT!!

The Road Ahead!

I hope to come back and update once I start my workouts again.. For now its walks, chores around the house and lots of breastfeeding.. that alone on its own is a big workout.. its soo demanding of your body, mentally and physically.. I would even say emotionally.. So that's my priority right now.. this little girl..I honestly feel 100% but I don't know internally what is going on, and I would rather give my body the time it needs to fully heal inside out. I would hate to pull, or tear something, very negligent and selfish of me if I were to not listen to my body. Not fair to Claire either.

In addition to long walks.. eating well.. Keeping hydrated is key to me.. While breastfeeding ladies, do remember to keep hydrated. it doe not stop after baby is here.. I drink more water and coconut water now then before. Lots of protein, good carbs and fats.. flax, sunflower, chia, seeds, avocados, grains, eggs, lean protein, fruits and veggies, I mean I am pretty much feeding a baby while breastfeeding.. again it doesn't stop when baby is here.. the reason to eat clean and healthy continues specially while breastfeeding...specially to produce more milk, and quality milk.

It was wonderful to share with you all my fit pregnancy journey. I hope any of you ladies who just got your bfp and are thinking about working out go for it. It was one of the biggest, and tough commitment to make, however I am glad I stuck to it. Best decision ever! For those who are half way through their pregnancy, or near the end, its never too late to just take a walk, take the stairs, or make small adjustments to just make a small difference... small is good, better than nothing. Take care ladies, and I hope the ones who are stil waiting for their bundles or just started this journey.. enjoy it.. it get better, and it does go by too quick.. enjoy and cherish every moment.. and take lots of pictures.. It will be here and gone before you know it..

XO
-isis

Image IT'S A GIRL!Image
Claire Olivia

Honey Bunny

Re: My Fitness Journal -* PP Update PG 5*

Postby Honey Bunny » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:41 am

I think I will start on Fitness Journal Pt 2..

Currently expecting #2 and I will be working out during this second pregnancy also.. I wouldn't have it any other way. :D

Image IT'S A GIRL!Image
Claire Olivia

Honey Bunny

Postby Luckyduck23 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:50 pm

Ahh honey!! I couldn't (and still can barely) figure out this new site format and was looking everywhere for your birth announcement/pics/something! I just knew you were having a girl, and she is oh so gorgeous! And ill bet she just gets cuter by the day :D quite late here but congratulations! And also congrats on #2, you're so lucky to have them so close in age! I'm so happy for you in a non creepy stalker way, lol!! (: oh and Claire is my littlest's middle name, love it(;
Me-24 DH-29
Dd-4
Surprise BFP 06/27/2014 - Due 03/08/2015, came in to the world @ 6lbs 9oz & 20 inches long on 03/04/2015!!

8w2d :hb: 172bpm
14w4d :hb: 148bpm
15w4d :hb: 136bpm
18w4d :hb: 152bpm
It's a GIRL! :future baby girl:

My Ovulation Chart
Luckyduck23
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Luckyduck23 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:06 am

Btw it looks like you did amazing during recovery, I'm sure being so close that recovery will be just as much a breeze with this next pregnancy especially since you're already planning on staying active(: will you be trying for a vbac this time? And will you be finding out the sex or staying team green again? I bet that was such an awesome feeling and am so jealous of y'all who get that experience, I never had the patience!! I hope you don't my questioning as Im sure you've prob answered these two plenty somewhere around here!
Me-24 DH-29
Dd-4
Surprise BFP 06/27/2014 - Due 03/08/2015, came in to the world @ 6lbs 9oz & 20 inches long on 03/04/2015!!

8w2d :hb: 172bpm
14w4d :hb: 148bpm
15w4d :hb: 136bpm
18w4d :hb: 152bpm
It's a GIRL! :future baby girl:

My Ovulation Chart
Luckyduck23
Addicted
Addicted

Previous

Return to General Pregnancy Board