Just got my BPF and doctor problem already, Help!!

Anything pregnancy-related can be discussed here

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, admin_fertilityfan

Just got my BPF and doctor problem already, Help!!

Postby EmX » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:50 am

So I just got my BFP today on 2 sep tests at 2 sep times so I know they are accurate.
My problem is I just called my doctors office to set up an appointment, now I know she is on Mat Leave herself so I was expecting another doctor to take her patients however the receptionist says she can't see me until JULY!! I would be in my 2nd trimester then and not seeing a doctor until then is very unreasonable. I asked the girl to ask the doctor if she could squeeze me in this week or next and she said she could ask. So I then ask what I should do if the doctor says she can't fit me in, and the girl says she can't give me advice all she can do is ask the doctor and call me monday.

This is my very first time being pregnant and I really want everything to go well and do everything I can to have a successful and healthy pregnancy, but I feel totaly lost and confused right now and that mixed with major hormones isn't a very good thing.

So I ask you ladies if this doctor can't fit me in, what do I do? Go to the hospital? And how long should I wait before seeing a doctor, I am about 4 weeks, I feel waiting longer then 6 isn't good but I have no clue. Please advice!!
EmX

Re: Just got my BPF and doctor problem already, Help!!

Postby 3-liz » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:18 pm

I also think you should see a doctor at least once during the first trimester (twice is best).
Is there any other doctor in your area you could see instead of her?
If not I would go to the hospital to check everything's going well.
I think it's the same in every country but here in France there's so much tests and screening to do during the 1st trimester.
Me 31, Him 32 Both french living in Barcelona
TTC #1
BFP at cycle 3 @11dpo

Our little girl is here! Charlie is born on sept 1st 2015!
3-liz
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby BeeCee33 » Tue May 12, 2015 2:58 pm

I didn't have my first official appointment until 12 weeks. I had a check in with a nurse at 6 weeks where they gather info about your history and ask how things are going.

As long as you don't have a history of pregnancy loss or other complications, it's pretty common for that first appointment to be at 6-8 weeks, or even later.

If you are uncomfortable waiting that long, definitely get a new doctor!
Me: (Becca) 31, DH:36

Henry James born 7/27/15
BeeCee33
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Tange86 » Thu May 14, 2015 8:59 am

If she is your normal doctor is she even an OB?

I would make an appointment with an OB or midwife. And if later you want to transfer back to that. But personally I wouldn't want a doctor with that kind of load. I would also want an office that rotates me through doctors if they do on call delivery. Otherwise youll see a doctor your whole pregnancy and end up with a stranger delivering you. Not fun
Me:29 Him:33
Our First

March 28th :bfp: @ 9dpo
March 30th: beta 85 @ 11dpo
May 7th: 1st Appt, Measuring 9weeks :hb: 169
May 28th: 12 week, Labs are fantastic, heard the placenta on the left and baby in the middle!
June 3rd: NT Scan, Labs came back great, Expecting a Healthy Baby! 12,6 weeks :hb: 151
June 24th: Elective Ultrasound :future baby girl:
August 3rd: 21,4 :hb: 140

Photo Shoot Preview:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/133247983@N02/sets/72157653052901175/with/17820142181/
Tange86
Angel
Angel

Return to General Pregnancy Board