Pregnant on paragard?!

Anything pregnancy-related can be discussed here

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, admin_fertilityfan

Pregnant on paragard?!

Postby Elliegrey0929 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:45 pm

Ive had the paragard for 14 months. I got my last period april 28th and it was not only early but also lighter compared to my usual heavy period. I had sex with my bf on the 5/13 and soon after started getting pms like symptoms and then some; twinging, slight nausea, backache, shooting pain in my breasts, heavy feeling uterus and bladder always feels full. Ive been pregnant before so it was easy for me to tell I felt different but kept thinking nothing of it since the paragard is 99.4% effective. After my period was three days late, I decided to check for my strings. To my surprise, my iud was hanging out of my cervix. I immediately went to the store and peed on a test. It was negative. The next day I took anither one, negative. I called the doc to take a look at my iud and get it removed. Today I went to the doctor, a week late on my period. She was surprised to see that my iud HAD slipped out of place and she said my dates match up that couldve very well conceived on 5/13. She did an exam and said my cervix wasnt soft but my uterus was enlarged indicating a possible pregnancy.she removed my iud and ive had a little bleeding from that but not like a period. so now im waiting on a blood test and freaking out.im so confused how this even happened and I dont know if I should feel happy or sad. I wont know til tomorrow if im pregnant or not, but im wondering if someones been in the same situation and wasnt pregnant or perhaps you were...I dont know. My emotions are crazy right now. Thanks for any help
Elliegrey0929

Return to General Pregnancy Board