Should I feel bad for my husband?

Anything pregnancy-related can be discussed here

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, admin_fertilityfan

Should I feel bad for my husband?

Postby DandNBaby » Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:14 am

Hey girls, general question:
I always said that I don't believe in pregnancy craving, I believe in being hungry all the time, but eating healthy nevertheless...
Well, I was wrong, I'm 8w3d and the struggle is real.
In my craving list: grilled chicken, ben n jerry's, fish, spaghetti with meatballs, tomatos, falafel and my newest one sweet corn.
Just sent DH to fetch me some, and here's my question, should I feel bad for making him run like that in the middle of the day?
I mean, I usually take care of the cravings on my own, buying it for myself, fixing it for myself, etc. but sometimes it's inevitable to send him, and I don't wanna sound like a crazy pregnant diva, but I really need it NOW!!!

UPDATE: The grocery store ran out of sweet corn!!! I'm about to lose it!!! :help:
DandNBaby

Re: Should I feel bad for my husband?

Postby justxher » Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:06 pm

Oh man, my husband ran out on sooooo many food errands when I was in the first trimester. I had a ton of food aversions and nausea so every night it would be like "I think the only thing I can eat right now is X" and every night X would be something different so he'd run around town looking for the specific food I could stomach that evening.

I didn't feel bad though, he said he liked doing it because he hated feeling useless while I was so sick that at least getting me stuff that settled my tummy made him feel like he was helpful. I don't think you should feel bad about it as long as you are asking nicely and not being demanding. Husbands should help too, seeing as how we are the ones doing all the suffering! I would have gladly traded the nausea for errand-running back then lol
Me: 27
DH: 29
DS1: :angel: Baby Jase born 06/30/15, premature at 18w2d

DS2: June 25 2016
justxher
Angel
Angel

Postby FrostedFuji » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:07 pm

I tried to mitigate some of it by asking DH to stop in at the store on his way home from work or something, though there were a few nights when my aversions were so bad I could only even remotely imagine eating one specific thing for dinner, and he went out and got it for me.

I say if you're not being a demanding witch, asking politely, being appreciative, and he's willing to do it - you do not need to feel bad. Parenthood is a team effort, and if you can both work your way through it together before the baby is actually here to take care of, you're definitely on the right track :)
Fuji: 28; H: 29

Our first baby!
Willow Del, born at 37,5 on 12/8/15
5 lb, 7.5 oz; 18.25" long
Former code name Little Jedi

FrostedFuji

Postby 90Kat » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:35 pm

I don't have real cravings, but my boyfriend felt so terrible that he couldn't just run out and grab me something. He always says "I just want to help!" But he is so silly, because he is great help. My problem was my body would be like I want spicy, frozen, maybe bread relates... Probably Thai... But you know... I'm not that hungry." Lol!
90Kat
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Return to General Pregnancy Board