BFP after birth control

Anything pregnancy-related can be discussed here

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, admin_fertilityfan

Re: BFP after birth control

Postby Blonde1982 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:15 am

Aw love the name Addilyn! Yes breastfeeding is hard and a ton of work for mom, but it pays off, my nipples never hurt when Chase would latch but try nipple cream or coconut oil that helped with me from keeping them from getting chapped or raw. Yes they change soo much, i know next week my little guy will be 5 months and i just cant believe it!
Attachments
IMG_0870.jpg
IMG_0870.jpg (28.42 KiB) Viewed 1260 times
Me: 33 DH: 37
BFP after 9 years on BC
Little boy born 10/16/15 :)
Blonde1982
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby babydust530 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:52 pm

I love that name!
I can't believe how big our babies are getting. Madi is doing well! She's still exclusively breastfeeding and I plan on starting solids around 5.5-6 months. We have started the day care search because hubbys grandma is going back to Florida at the end of May. It's been an emotional experience looking for daycare, but on a bright note I'm looking forward to have my house back to just me, hubby, Madi and our puppy.
And yes nipple cream is the way to go. Within another week they should be used to the punishment and you won't need it as much.
Me and DH: 32
My beautiful baby girl born October 2015.
BFP with baby#2 on 4/5/17.

babydust530
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby babydust530 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:54 pm

He's a picture of Madi today. I was home from work so we have a goooood time together. :)
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (67.19 KiB) Viewed 1221 times

babydust530
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby babydust530 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:55 pm

Chase is so adorable! I hope he feels better. When Madi was sick I was such a nervous wreck.

babydust530
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Blonde1982 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:25 am

Aw Lita, Madi is so cuteee! :) Really cant believe they are so big now! Chase isnt a fan of solids yet no matter what i give him he makes a weird face and would just prefer his bottle instead. So i think were going to try and wait it out again until maybe 6 months. Chase is feeling much better so glad hes sleeping through the might again, although he now will only sleep on his belly which at first freaked me out for the first few days but then when i realized if hes old enough to roll over then im sure hes just fine, plus we have a video monitor which puts me at ease too! How does Madi sleep?

Krista, hope your enjoying motherhood!! Send pics for your little lady when you can!
BFP after 9 years on BC
Blonde1982
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby babydust530 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:01 pm

We are going through the same exact thing. Madi has always been a great sleeper (Since around 6 weeks). But now that she flips from back to belly she either wakes up upset or will sleep on her belly which scares the crap out of me. I sit there staring at the video monitor on and off throughout the night.

babydust530
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Blonde1982 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:58 pm

haha babydust i do too, but i will say Chase falls sleep alot fast and is loving belly sleeping, he sleeps for almost 9 hours most nights! The neurologist said he's perfectly fine sleeping on his belly because hes out of that sids age, which is before 3 months! Hopefully that makes you feel better!

Chase had his neurology appt last week and is doing great the dr is really impressed with him and his strength and doesnt want or need to see him till hes a year old! So happy my little boys is doing amazing after everything hes been through!

Hope you both had a great first Easter! :)
BFP after 9 years on BC
Blonde1982
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby kflores31 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:39 pm

Hi ladies! For some reason I can't log on here on my phone anymore so i'm sorry for being so absent lately! The breastfeeding is going SO much better than from when I updated last, just takes time for my nipples to adjust, but the nipple cream saved my life for a few weeks!! I had my postpartum doctor appointment yesterday and things are all good. When did you ladies have sex again? Even though the doctor cleared me, i'm still a bit nervous! Hubby is very anxious and keeps asking me when i'll be ready and i'm just not sure yet!

Love the pics of your babies! Glad they are both doing well!

We have all been battling a cold and it sucks to see Addi sick :( but I think we're almost to the end of it. It freaked me out when she coughed a few times though. Especially since she hasn't had her vaccines yet!

Here's a few pictures!! sorry its taken forever to get them uploaded!
image1.JPG
image1.JPG (79.64 KiB) Viewed 1089 times

image5.JPG
image5.JPG (106.69 KiB) Viewed 1089 times
Me 26 DH 27
Married since July 2013
TTC Baby #1 Since Feb 2014
BFP June 14 at 10dpo!
EDD: Feb 25, 2016
Heartbeat 150 @ 7w4d u/s
Heartbeat 170 @ 9w6d u/s
Heartbeat 159 @ 13w6d doppler
8/28/15 It's a GIRL <3
2/21/16 Addilyn was born!
kflores31
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby Blonde1982 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:18 am

Oh my goodness shes beautiful! Love the hair. :)

So glad things are going well, yes its so sad to see our babies get sick even when they are so young. I will say the nose freida was a lifesaver for us when Chase had a congested nose, sounds gross to do but when your little one cant breathe that good you'll do anything to help! ha

I would say about a week after i got cleared we had sex, i was super nervous but it only hurt for a min,then it was fine like usual- but then again i had a c-section so i really cant say how it would feel from a vaginal birth. Honestly just take it slow, and let DH know that too. Maybe some lube would help too i was kind of dry for a while.

are you only any birth control?
BFP after 9 years on BC
Blonde1982
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby babydust530 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:55 pm

Krista she is sooooo beautiful!!!
So glad to hear BF is getting better.
Excellent news about Chase! What a strong little boy! :)
I was a bit nervous to have intercourse after I was cleared so we did "other stuff", sorry for the TMI but mainly oral things for a few weeks after I was cleared. The first time we had actual sex it hurt and I had to tell him to stop, but after a few other times it got easier. I also had a pretty bad vaginal tear, so that stitching down there made me nervous. I would say starting around 2 months ago regular intercourse went back to normal and doesn't hurt anymore.

babydust530
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby kflores31 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:10 am

Thanks ladies!

I got the nose frida and it is SO much better than the bulb sucker thing! We seem to be on the tail end of the cold so hopefully Addi and I are on the road to being better soon!

We ended up having sex this last weekend. We went to a friends wedding (mom and dads first night out!!) and DH was the DD so I ended up drinking a bit and boy was that fun! lol I probably wouldn't have agreed to sex if I wasn't buzzed. But, it actually wasn't that bad! It didn't really hurt per say, it just felt weird! It felt kind of like my skin was really thin and could possibly tear. I'm sure thats probably because I did have a tear that was still healing! We took it easy and all is well. I'm nervous to do it again though! But DH is begging me every day. Poor guy haha

Glad everything is going well with your little ones. I'm still trying to adjust to motherhood. It ain't easy! I think Addi is going through the 6 week growth spurt. She was on my boob ALL day yesterday and was fussy when she wasn't. But, she slept 8hours last night, so I guess I can't complain?!
Me 26 DH 27
Married since July 2013
TTC Baby #1 Since Feb 2014
BFP June 14 at 10dpo!
EDD: Feb 25, 2016
Heartbeat 150 @ 7w4d u/s
Heartbeat 170 @ 9w6d u/s
Heartbeat 159 @ 13w6d doppler
8/28/15 It's a GIRL <3
2/21/16 Addilyn was born!
kflores31
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby Blonde1982 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:34 am

Thanks last cant believe ill have a 6 month old at the end of this week! Hes been a pretty good sleeping for the past month or so about 8-10 hrs of sleep but the last two nights he woke up around 3-4am to feed but goes back to bed about an hour later and does make up the time , so i guess i cant complain either.

Krista wow thats really good for her to sleep that much, yea sounds like a growth spurt, they do grow fast so take tons of pictures, Chase looks so different now then he did when he was a newborn.

Lita, any changes with Madi?!
Attachments
chase2.jpg
chase2.jpg (25.17 KiB) Viewed 1014 times
BFP after 9 years on BC
Blonde1982
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby babydust530 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:50 am

Love the sunglasses! I'm trying to upload new pics of Madi but it keeps telling me my file is too big. :/
Krista, yes a little alcohol definitely helps with the fear of having sex again..I promise it'll eventually go back to normal.

Madi has made quite a few changes...I can't believe she'll be 6 months on Friday! She started to sort of crawl (she gets up on all fours and then army crawls her way around my bed or the floor). She still breastfeeding like a champ and last week we started some solids: so far she has tried oatmeal, banana, and avocado. We plan on starting sweet potatoes and squash this week. She seems to enjoy eating.
She's sleeping pretty well at night (although she used to sleep better when she was around 4 months)- since 5 months her sleep has gotten worst. She usually goes to bed around 6:30-7:30 (wakes up screaming 1 hour later, but after being rocked she'll go back down and she'll sleep until around 5am-7:30am). Sometimes I'm able to fed her and she'll sleep again for 1-2 hours, but that doesn't always work.
The main issue we're having now is napping. She's become an awful napper. The challenge is that I'm at work during the day so I have to count of hubby's grandma (who's watching Madi until the end of May) to put her down for naps. She def tries hard, but I think she's giving in too fast and now Madi is picking up some bad naptime habits. Some days she'll only sleep a total of 30min-1hr in naps, which is really bad for a baby this young. I'm hoping that once we have our babysitter start in June I'll be able to establish a better nap routine and be more strict about the caregiver following it. Its tough telling a nanny what to do. lol

babydust530
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Blonde1982 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:45 am

Thats great news about her liking solids.

We started Chase a few days before his 6 month birthday which was last week. He definately didnt like food anytime before that, but now he likes it. We mix cereal with fruit which he likes better then just plain either one, and we have done squash and sweet potatoe and carrots which he seems to like alot as well. Im plannin gon trying greens this week. He has his 6 month appoitnment on friday which im not looking forward too because he gets his last round of shots and always ends up getting sick, which he curently has a runny nose and sneezing.

Chase sleeping habits arent the best either, every day is hit or miss. He seems off and on weekly on slepeing through the night, his schedule is usually, in bed by 8-9 and up around 5-6am takes his meds and goes back to bed for about another 2-2.5 hours on a good day. Other days he goes to bed 8-9pm wakes up every 2-3 hours crying and only feeding him will get him back to bed for either another few hours or till 5-6 am everything is off by an hr or so depending. Maybe they are going through a growth spurt?! His naps are usually any from 30-1.5 hrs which my dr said is perfectly fine for him to be doing so dont be so down on her needing to sleep more then that. :)
Are you feeding Madi homemade food or baby food?

Krista hows mama life treating you? Good these days i hope!
BFP after 9 years on BC
Blonde1982
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Blonde1982 » Mon May 09, 2016 8:13 am

Happy Mothers Day ladies!! Hope you both had a great day! :)
BFP after 9 years on BC
Blonde1982
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

PreviousNext

Return to General Pregnancy Board