Is this normal?

Anything pregnancy-related can be discussed here

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, admin_fertilityfan

Is this normal?

Postby Duke27 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:28 am

Hi ladies,
I'm a bit worried as I've just found out that I'm pregnant and I haven't had many cramps at all but ive started getting bad cramping after sex and also at the time my period would have been. I'm really worried or is this normal? My pregnancy tests have progressed and are quite dark now. Thanks ladies
Duke27
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Re: Is this normal?

Postby FrostedFuji » Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:45 am

Cramps can indeed be a normal part of early pregnancy. I had it, and I've seen several other women here report cramping after sex, so you are definitely not alone :) if you start to have spotting or the cramping gets really bad and doesn't let up, I suggest calling your Dr, but overall cramping alone isn't a bad sign!
Fuji: 28; H: 29

Our first baby!
Willow Del, born at 37,5 on 12/8/15
5 lb, 7.5 oz; 18.25" long
Former code name Little Jedi

FrostedFuji

Re: Is this normal?

Postby Artemis » Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:24 am

Oh yes. You think you're out of the clear with AF cramps after your bfp but you will cramp quite a bit in your first trimester from the stretching and growing! I had days where I honestly thought AF was coming but baby was perfectly fine. Don't worry, totally normal, especially after sex, there is a lot more blood flow on the area now so it's extra sensitive. Only cause for concern is if it's accompanied by any bleeding. Drinking lots of water and going for a walk helps :) CONGRATS!!
Me: 27 DH: 26
Married Dec '13

OUR FIRST BABY

BFP April '15
EDD: New Years Eve

WATER BROKE 12/1/15 @35+5 weeks. Trip was born via emergency c section after 12 hours of induced labor.

Born 12/1/15 at 7:45pm.
5lbs 13oz and 21 inches.
No NICU time. We are blessed!
Artemis
Star Member
Star Member

Return to General Pregnancy Board