Leaking Fluid

Anything pregnancy-related can be discussed here

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, admin_fertilityfan

Leaking Fluid

Postby mmm3v » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:46 pm

Hi ladies. I haven't been on in a long time, but knew I could come here with questions. I was having a lot of what I thought was discharge/urine in my underwear. I mentioned it to my nurse & they ordered a test to check for amniotic fluid. Sure enough, it was positive after the lab results came back. I have another appointment to see the dr. I am hoping she orders an u/s. I want to major sure the baby has enough fluid. I'm so nervous. Anyone else been told they were leaking fluid?
12/20/14 - BFP!

mmm3v
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Re: Leaking Fluid

Postby FrostedFuji » Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:57 pm

I do know my cousin who was pregnant with her 2nd was tested around 32 weeks to see if she was leaking, but that's primarily because she'd experienced preterm labor with both of her pregnancies and had her first at 30 weeks. She tested negative and made it to 34 weeks with her second.

If you haven't been experiencing any preterm labor, I really don't know what to tell you, but my fingers are crossed and sending positive thoughts & prayers your way that everything is fine.
Fuji: 28; H: 29

Our first baby!
Willow Del, born at 37,5 on 12/8/15
5 lb, 7.5 oz; 18.25" long
Former code name Little Jedi

FrostedFuji

Re: Leaking Fluid

Postby Jwac » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:13 am

I actually didn't know I was leaking fluid hen when I had my final ultrasound we discovered it was low. Dr sent me to be induced 3 days sooner then we planned
Jwac

Return to General Pregnancy Board