Registry help :)

Anything pregnancy-related can be discussed here

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, admin_fertilityfan

Registry help :)

Postby Artemis » Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:04 am

I'm a FTM and unfortunately don't have any nice hand-me-downs from relatives so I need to register for...a lot lol.

Those who already registered or are mommies already, what are some of your most treasured baby items (big or small)? I need stroller ideas, bouncers, rockers, etc.. Also I live in Ohio and baby will be here during the cold winter months..so any items that might help during then if you have similar experiences! Thanks in advance yall!!
Me: 27 DH: 26
Married Dec '13

OUR FIRST BABY

BFP April '15
EDD: New Years Eve

WATER BROKE 12/1/15 @35+5 weeks. Trip was born via emergency c section after 12 hours of induced labor.

Born 12/1/15 at 7:45pm.
5lbs 13oz and 21 inches.
No NICU time. We are blessed!
Artemis
Star Member
Star Member

Re: Registry help :)

Postby FrostedFuji » Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:57 pm

Artemis, I haven't posted in our DDC yet but we registered yesterday :) I did a Google search for "unnecessary baby items" and "what not to put on your baby registry" and similar terms, and they were all VERY helpful and an awful lot of them listed the same items, which really helped me figure out what was really NOT necessary.

In addition to reviews here (which I'm also excited to see, so please, ladies! Share!) I also recommend a Google search for baby necessities. If you're on Pinterest, there are TONS of blog posts and articles pinned for that. Keep in mind every baby has his or her own preferences, so what is genius for some may not work for you. My mother told me how much she really hated bouncers, for instance, because they did nothing for us, and I've had other women tell me what an amazing lifesaver they are, LOL.

So, definitely solicit good opinions, but also try to register at a place that has an excellent return policy ;)
Fuji: 28; H: 29

Our first baby!
Willow Del, born at 37,5 on 12/8/15
5 lb, 7.5 oz; 18.25" long
Former code name Little Jedi

FrostedFuji

Re: Registry help :)

Postby SarahCHW » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:43 am

One of my already mom friends suggested Lucie's List (http://www.lucieslist.com/). I have found it super helpful for some stuff. I am also expecting (based on other peoples experience) that we will get a lot of stuff that we never registered for. I am kind of depending on other people to think of stuff I forgot, or gift their babies favorite product.
SarahCHW
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Return to General Pregnancy Board