Anxious about giving birth!

Anything pregnancy-related can be discussed here

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, admin_fertilityfan

Anxious about giving birth!

Postby mw76777 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:54 pm

This is my first pregnancy, i'm 23 weeks now and i'm starting to get really nervous/scared about giving birth! I don't know what to expect. Granted I start my Childbirth classes in a couple of weeks but I can't seem to get my mind off of the actual day I give birth. Anyone else feeling this way or am I a complete baby?? :(
mw76777

Re: Anxious about giving birth!

Postby s4mm13 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:24 am

It's normal and natural.

Best advice...... Prepare prepare prepare!

Read, research your pain relief options, get as much info as you can (not always from internet as full of horror stories (why would anyone share their easy peasy birth?? That's not interesting!)

Think about what you want to happen and how you want it to go and start putting together a birth plan.

Remember your body was made to grow your baby, it was also made to birth your baby.

You'll do an amazing job :)
Me 29
DH 30
Oscar forever 5 months
Our beautiful son Oscar, born 24/2/14 at 32 weeks with Tetralogy of Fallot, oesophageal atresia and tracheo oesophageal fistula. Earned his wings aged 5 months and 1 day.

Oscar is going to be a big brother. BFP #2 29/11/14

Arlo William, our beautiful rainbow born safely 22nd July 2015

s4mm13

Return to General Pregnancy Board