Low blood pressure, normal?

Anything pregnancy-related can be discussed here

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, admin_fertilityfan

Low blood pressure, normal?

Postby Duke27 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:57 am

Hi ladies. I just got back from the doctors and they told me I have a low blood pressure of 90/50 I'm so dizzy at times and short of breath they said it's normal as I'm young and small and during pregnancy. Does this sound normal to you? I'm freaking myself out! :-( I haven't been acting much recently as I've been feeling so sick and haven't been drinking much either. What so you think and should I worry?
Duke27
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Re: Low blood pressure, normal?

Postby s4mm13 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:59 pm

Yep. Mine was low 85/45 at one point. No one seemed to worry. They're only concerned if you have high pressures.

The thing I tried to help with the dizziness was to increase my salt intake a little. It did help. You'll probably find that in the later months it starts to increase naturally.
Me 29
DH 30
Oscar forever 5 months
Our beautiful son Oscar, born 24/2/14 at 32 weeks with Tetralogy of Fallot, oesophageal atresia and tracheo oesophageal fistula. Earned his wings aged 5 months and 1 day.

Oscar is going to be a big brother. BFP #2 29/11/14

Arlo William, our beautiful rainbow born safely 22nd July 2015

s4mm13

Re: Low blood pressure, normal?

Postby SarahCHW » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:00 am

I normally have low blood pressure like that, and it is totally normal to have lower than your usual blood pressure during pregnancy. Good news is you can get used to anything; after awhile, it shouldn't feel so bad. Drink a ton of water. Like even more water than you think you can drink. Salt can help to, but just tons of water. It should help a little bit with the fatigue and dizzyness. Stand up slowly, take breaks when you need to. Doctors aren't going to be concerned unless you pass out, because low blood pressure is "good", no matter how uncomfortable you are :). I hope you start feeling better soon!!!
SarahCHW
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Return to General Pregnancy Board