Cute, sweet, and funny things our DH's do/say

Anything pregnancy-related can be discussed here

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, admin_fertilityfan

Cute, sweet, and funny things our DH's do/say

Postby jeepgirl88 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:52 pm

About a month ago I posted that I was feeling like my DH wasn't that excited and it was bumming me out. Well since then his attitude has changed quite a bit and I've realized that he has actually said and done quite a few cute/sweet things so far this pregnancy. And sometimes his reactions are really funny. So I thought it might be fun to have a post where we can share what are husbands are saying/doing on this crazy journey!

So I'll start...

We have a dry erase board in our kitchen where I plan meals and write to-do lists, and a week or so after I got my BFP I noticed my DH had written 'make baby' with a checkmark beside it. I thought it was really cute and funny. We were ttc for almost a year so it was kinda like a 'YES, WE FINALLY DID IT!'

After that first week or so though his excitement kind of wore off until just recently. He didn't talk about the baby much or really acknowledge my pregnancy the first trimester. But just this past week he has started touching my belly and putting his arms around my waist. I thought that was sweet. This morning when he was leaving for work (I was still in bed) he came in and rubbed my belly and asked 'So what do you think it's going to be?'

I think it's really starting to become more real for him and he's feeling a bit more nervousness too. Today at lunch he was like 'We're going to have a BABY! There's going to be a third person moving into our house!' I said 'You know it's only going to be this big' and he was like 'But it's going to grow up to be a REAL PERSON!' :lol2:

Ok YOUR turn, I'd love to hear about how some of your husbands are reacting!
Me: 28
DH: 32
Married 11/09/2013
DD Born 02/04/2016

jeepgirl88
Star Member
Star Member

Re: Cute, sweet, and funny things our DH's do/say

Postby 90Kat » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:49 pm

This is really silly that I think it is so cute, but at about 27 weeks when my belly really was showing my love out his hand on my tummy and said "that's my baby! My seed is strong!" It was just so cute how he was so proud in his "man way" since then he's cute about little things, but I just can't get that out of my head xD
90Kat
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby jeepgirl88 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:06 am

Awww, sweet!
Married 11/09/2013
DD Born 02/04/2016

jeepgirl88
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Artemis » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:10 am

Cute stories! I'm glad hubby is coming around Jeep!!

My hubs talks to the baby all the time. He puts his face right up to my belly and kisses and tells it he loves it and mommy while jokingly calling it his little spawn, his Hellian, and my personal favorite...little cooter stretcher. LMAO! Our personalities are pretty goofy, so I'm sincerely sorry if it offends anyone! He does this in the sweetest manner possible I promise! Sometimes I laugh so hard I'm close to peeing (ok, it trickled out a few times lol)
Me: 27 DH: 26
Married Dec '13

OUR FIRST BABY

BFP April '15
EDD: New Years Eve

WATER BROKE 12/1/15 @35+5 weeks. Trip was born via emergency c section after 12 hours of induced labor.

Born 12/1/15 at 7:45pm.
5lbs 13oz and 21 inches.
No NICU time. We are blessed!
Artemis
Star Member
Star Member

Postby SaSears » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:10 am

Hahahaha Artemis! I am DYING at the cooter stretcher! Funniest thing l have heard all day!

My DH is so excited it kills me. He wanted to get pregnant way before I did, so he is thrilled. Aside from being super supportive and picking up the slack from my tiredness/sickness the first tri.., I think my favorite thing is that he'll randomly ask "how far along are we?!" (not how far along am i, but WE) and then he will spend like 20 minutes googling what baby looks like and what is happening at this point in development.

He also makes a point to tell me how excited he is and how much he already loves our baby. It melts me heart. And thanks to the hormones I tear up every time!

On a funny note, whenever I worry about the baby or something going wrong with the pregnancy, he tells me that I have nothing to worry about, because his sperm is way too strong for that. Lol! These men and their obsession with strong sperm!
SaSears
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby alexandra1234 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:41 am

Ahahaha, I love all of these! Strong sperm, lol.

My hubby's first super-sweet gesture was early on, he texted me one day and told me "my app says we're at 6 weeks! Our little kidlet is the size of a cranberry [or whatever fruit week six was], awesome!!" He had downloaded the babycenter pregnancy app on his own phone, to keep track! :) My heart melted into a little puddle, and has pretty much remained melted ever since, because he's absolutely adorable about every bit of this pregnancy so far. Love him! :)
Me, dh: 33
IUD out: 01/'13
Dec '13: HSG: R tube clear, L blocked-ish, hydrosalpinx
Jan-Oct '14: TTC break
Nov '14: TTC back on!
Dec '14: Clomid #1! BFN :(
Feb '15: Clomid #2. BFN
March '15: 1st RE appt: IVF with ICSI is our only option.
3/23 saline sono: WTF is that polyp doing in my ute?! 3/26: Hysteroscopic polypectomy
4/28: 15 eggs retrieved, 10 fertilized, 9 frozen.
5/3: 5-day transfer. BFN. :(
6/9: 5-day frozen transfer. OMG BFP!!! --IT'S A BOY!!! :)

My Ovulation Chart

alexandra1234
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby mandylgibbs » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:56 am

My husband is always incredibly sweet. I do feel very lucky in that regard. Even now at 7 weeks he rubs my belly at night. He keeps the kids in line while I try to nap... Yesterday the car was parked in the grass that still had dee on it. Our yard is slanted so he said, Don't you dare walk in this grass, I'm coming to get you. Then, while we were getting ready to take family pictures I couldn't find my makeup bag. He insisted we leave early and temporarily replace enough so I wouldn't stress. He keeps telling me that he wishes he could have stopped crying during the first u/s and watched that little heart beat a little longer. I seriously love this man.
Me 30, DH 28, DD- 14, DS-10, DD-3
Conceived using 100 mg Clomid on CD 5-9
BFP- July 31, 2015 - EDD- April 9, 2016
u/s 6w 4d - 145 bpm!! Measuring a few days behind * u/s 11w 3d- 158 bpm! Measuring perfectly * Doppler 15w 6d- 155 bpm*17w 2d- 148 bpm- IT IS A PERFECT BABY GIRL!! *Aspen Violet*19w 6d- 145 bpm-Anatomy scan. Measures in 76th percentile.*23w 6d- 150bpm-healthy,active baby girl.
mandylgibbs
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Yelibaby » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:13 pm

Well mine has decided that Emma and him are a team, and he keeps talking to her trying to team up against me. He keeps telling her that I'm crazy and he'll protect her so she need not worry. Every time I'm worrying about some (silly) thing, he tells her, see your mom is crazy, everything is fine, don't listen to her. It drives me crazy, but I think its also super cute. hahaha. He's such a silly man!
Me: 31
DH: 29
TTC #1 since OCT 2014. After 1 year Nuvaring.

BFP Feb. 15, 2015 - MC at 7 weeks
BFP Apr 2015 - cp
BFP May 24th, 2015 (My bday - 9dpo)

Beta 10dpo - 35// 12dpo - 100// 14dpo - 255// 17dpo - 1186.4// 21dpo - 7763.4

Progesterone 10dpo - 56.4 (oral progesterone)
Progesterone 14dpo - 61.3 (vaginal supplements and shot)

Please be my rainbow baby!!
Yelibaby
Addicted
Addicted

Postby jeepgirl88 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:28 am

Loving all the stories :)
Married 11/09/2013
DD Born 02/04/2016

jeepgirl88
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Yelibaby » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:47 am

Yesterday we felt her kick for the first time, his eyes widened and the look of joy in his face will forever stay in my mind and heart. After he felt her kick he started kissing my belly and talking to her telling her how much he loved her. Awwww!! My heart melts for this man and his kid! :hb:

BFP Apr 2015 - cp

Yelibaby
Addicted
Addicted

Postby jeepgirl88 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:26 am

Wow Yeli, that's amazing! I'm 17 weeks today and nothing happening yet, but I know for a first pregnancy it can be later, I've heard from some that they didn't feel movement until like 22 weeks. I'm hoping soon though :)
Married 11/09/2013
DD Born 02/04/2016

jeepgirl88
Star Member
Star Member

Postby HighlandGamesGirlCO » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:17 pm

Awww these are the cutest!!!

My hubby also talks to our son with his mouth against my belly so close his lips brush it...and he refuses to feel for kicks or rub the belly with my shirt covering it, so anytime he wants to touch, he pulls my shirt up so it's skin-to-skin. He reads to my belly at night, and will sometimes point to my belly and say "I did that!" :rofl: I remind him that it takes 2, and he says nah, I did all the work! :lol:

He insists on making the crib himself, and has put a lot of thought into it. He has wanted a baby since long before he met me, so even though his dreams (and mine!) are coming true a bit later in life than we had originally planned, we couldn't imagine being with anyone else when the dream finally became reality. :)
Me (Lindsey) - 38
DH/love of my life - 44

"We are all atheists regarding most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further." - Richard Dawkins

Fiona Jayne born 12/21/2015 - our solstice baby! 7lb 5.5oz 19.75"

It's a BOY! EDD Feb 16, 2017
Repeat c-section scheduled, Ciaran Reeves will arrive Feb 13, 2017!

HighlandGamesGirlCO
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TrebleLily » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:04 am

Omg I'm seriously crying now reading these. I really hope my partner will do something sweet like yours have. Right now I'm only 4 weeks along and I don't think it's really set in yet. I feel like he's disinterested and maybe even annoyed by me talking about the pregnancy so much. :roll: sigh hopefully that will change in time.
Me:31 DH: 46
DS: May 9,2016
Excited to be joining the 2 under 2 club!! Due Date November 1st

TrebleLily

Postby Yelibaby » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:27 am

It will TrebleLily (that reminds me of Peter Pan for some reason :D)! Brace yourself for all the love you will feel for your man when it does!

BFP Apr 2015 - cp

Yelibaby
Addicted
Addicted

Postby chocolatecake » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:36 am

This is an old thread, but I loved reading it, I just melted.

One of the funny things my DH has started doing around 7 weeks is kissing my stomach before we go to bed. The best part is that he kisses my belly button but the baby is way downstairs near the underwear line, he had no idea where the female uterus was lol. Told him it would be a while before baby climbs up into my belly.

Also, he is not one to research pregnancy, download apps, or ask questions, he's from a traditional culture and just knows what the men in his family have done, which boils down to keep wife away from danger and listen to the wife. So every time I teach him something new I learn about pregnancy, how the female body changes, when the baby can start to hear and see, or how to care for a newborn, he just looks at me with wide amazed eyes, and asks me "how did you learn all this?" like I just blew his mind lol. Subtle enthusiasm, but that's my DH.
chocolatecake
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Next

Return to General Pregnancy Board