Got sunburnt

Anything pregnancy-related can be discussed here

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, admin_fertilityfan

Got sunburnt

Postby Duke27 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:03 am

Hi ladies,

So I have a couple of questions. I used morrisons sun cream spray today and still got burnt even though I was mostly in the shade. It's so painful on my back so I've put on garnier ambre solaire after sun with aloe Vera all over my back it has helped a little.

Now I'm worried though as I didn't even know these could be things we should avoid I Googled and found loads of for and against information on what to use.

So what I'm asking is...

Was the morrisons sun cream safe to use?

Was the garnier after sun safe to use?

And does anyone know any way of getting rid of this pain? :-( I'm currently 12 weeks pregnant just to let you know.

Thank you in advance x
Duke27
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Re: Got sunburnt

Postby SarahCHW » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:21 am

I'm not sure about the two products you mention, but I wouldn't worry too much as long as you don't use a ton or use it super often. Topical applications aren't AS likely to cause problems (they suggest not ingesting too much aloe while pregnant, but putting it on your skin is completely fine).

I love Burt's Bees After Sun lotion. Both Aloe and Linden flower are safe for topical application while pregnant, so I'm guessing its fine? Otherwise, just throw the Aloe in the refrigerator, it will feel really soothing when you put it on if its cool.
SarahCHW
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Return to General Pregnancy Board