I'm just gonna come out and say it...

Anything pregnancy-related can be discussed here

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, admin_fertilityfan

I'm just gonna come out and say it...

Postby DandNBaby » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:21 am

Pregnancy is getting quite difficult.
It used to be all fun and games with u/s and kicks to remind me I'm even pregnant...
but now... I've been laying in bed all day, my stomach is killing me (Nothing to worry about, the pain is way higher than where the baby should be), and for the life of me, I just can't find a comfortable position to stay in for longer than 3 minutes.
I've been waiting for this pregnancy for a year and a half, and promised I would love every little part about it, but it's so hard!
Anyone else wish to take a 24 hours break from the pregnancy symptoms?
DandNBaby

Re: I'm just gonna come out and say it...

Postby FrostedFuji » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:33 am

Yup. I would wish away the heartburn and acid reflux and constipation in a moment. I hate having to base my dinner choices on what will make me breathe less fire in the middle of the night.

I'd also love it if baby would stop hanging out so darn low down because it makes walking uncomfortable.

And I've still got another trimester of this to not only continue, but get worse! Hahaha.
Fuji: 28; H: 29

Our first baby!
Willow Del, born at 37,5 on 12/8/15
5 lb, 7.5 oz; 18.25" long
Former code name Little Jedi

FrostedFuji

Postby Targaryen » Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:11 am

Pregnancy IS hard.

Saying so does not make you a bad person, not appreciative, etc. Yes, it is magical and amazing and overall I have loved being pregnant but I've had a tough time with some aspects of it. I had all-day sickness throughout my first trimester and now that I'm in my 3rd trimester, I have persistent acid reflux and am not getting a lot of sleep these days. Also, I have not enjoyed ultrasounds and midwife visits as much as I would have liked. This is my rainbow pregnancy and even though all signs have, thus far, pointed to a healthy baby in November, they still cause me lots of anxiety.

I think we women are afraid to admit we don't love each second of being pregnant for a lot of reasons but it does take quite a toll on our bodies and it is perfectly ok to not enjoy every single aspect of pregnancy. Heck, it's even ok to not enjoy being pregnant at all; some ladies don't and that's absolutely fine.
Me: 33
DH: 37
Married since: December 2013
Started TTC No. 1: March 2014
1st BFP: July 2014
Miscarriage: September 2014
2nd BFP: March 2015
R A I N B O W Boy: November 2015 (same birthday as DH!)
SURPRISE BABY: due June 9th

Targaryen
Star Member
Star Member

Postby skye skye » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:30 am

Girl - if I could take a permanent break I would be happy! All you ever hear is the good stories about pregnancy - I bet if you heard all the stuff that really happens, the negatives, no woman would ever want to do this! I've had a rough pregnancy from the start...HORRIBLE morning sickness (that is STILL here in the 2nd trimester), headaches lasting for a week or more, puking almost daily...SO many food aversions, crappy sleep...my life has been so greatly impacted by pregnancy that I'd honestly be happy to get a permanent break from it. Surrogate anyone?? HAHA :doh: No but seriously - you're not alone, pregnancy IS difficult and challenging. Sometimes it's hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel though when you're heaped over the toilet at 3 am having gotten an hour's worth of sleep and work the next morning. Don't feel bad for wanting a break and do NOT let anyone make you feel bad or guilty about it! Chances are they are a man, a woman with NO children, or a woman who had a "perfect" pregnancy...no one truly understands and can relate to what we're going through unless they've been there themselves. I know because I MYSELF used to be one of those women who "didn't get it". Most important thing is take care of yourself - do what YOU need to do to get through this. Trust me - no one is going to argue with a pregnant lady unless they have a death wish :wink: :wink: :wink:
Married 12-13-14
:bfp: 7-9-14 natural mc @ 5wks6d 7-19-14
:bfp: 1-18-15 EDD: 9-20-15
1st u/s 1-27-15: baby measuring 6wks2d :hb: 102bpm!!!
2nd u/s 2-17-15: No :hb:, baby stopped developing at 7.5 weeks-MMC - D&C 3/9/15
:bfp: 7-8-15 EDD: 3-13-16
beta#1 @ 23dpo=6720
beta#2 @ 25dpo=10521
u/s @ 6w1d :hb: 114!!!
u/s @ 8w3d :hb: 168!!!
u/s @ 12w4d NT scan great! :hb: 165!!!
u/s @ 14w6d TEAM GRAY!! (Ie: team blue sucks)
u/s @ 19w5d HEALTHY baby! :hb: 140
skye skye
Angel
Angel

Postby reapage » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:38 am

It took me three IVF cycles to get pregnant.... and I still think pregnancy IS hard! The heart burn, nausea, swollen belly, sore ribs & constant fear that baby (babies in my case) are okay is a lot for one person. I just know it will be worth it!

Oh and don't even get me started on how swollen my feet are!
Me:23 PCOS DH:32 MFI
TTC Since Sept 13'
IVF#1 01/15= Chemical
IVF#2 02/15= BFN
IVF#3 03/15= BFP!!

Beta#1 638
Beta#2 1979
Beta#3 4029

FIRST U/S @6W2D SHOWS TWINS!!!!
Baby A :hb: 128
Baby B :hb: 112
SECOND U/S @7W2D TWINS ARE PERFECT!
Baby A :hb: 166
Baby B :hb: 151

ITS A BOY AND A GIRL! :babyb: :babyg: :balloons:

reapage

Postby FrostedFuji » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:49 am

Congratulations, reapage!

I think we often feel guilted into pretending pregnancy is perfect and everything we ever wanted. I look at it this way: If you land your absolute dream job under the perfect circumstances, there are still going to be things you dislike and want to complain about. And you should have every right to do that. Pregnancy is the same way - it shouldn't matter how much you wanted it, how well it's going, there are still going to be things that suck and we have a right to dislike them!
Fuji: 28; H: 29

Our first baby!
Willow Del, born at 37,5 on 12/8/15
5 lb, 7.5 oz; 18.25" long
Former code name Little Jedi

FrostedFuji

Postby DandNBaby » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:48 pm

Oh my Reapage, I can't stop thinking about you and how much twin pregnancy must be harder than single pregnancy!
You must feel twice as heavy, twice out of breath, twice everything.
But still... The twins are on their way! Feel like just yesterday you and I were still in the TTC blogs and now... :)

As for me, as I said in the original post, had a horrible stomachache, and now, that it finally settled, pregnancy is once again almost unfelt for me (aside for the belly that gets in the way, and the constant hunger).
This road sure has its ups and downs...
DandNBaby

Postby same_true_taurus » Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:30 pm

So true! You feel like you should never complain because pregnancy is such a blessing. It is but it also comes along with pain and discomfort and I'm glad for this site to be able to talk honestly about it.
Me (Joan): 34
DH: 34
DS1: age 11yrs (unplanned but wonderful surprise)
DS2: age 19 months (after ttc for 2 years)
Now expecting baby #3....surprise!
EDD is May 16th, 2016
same_true_taurus
Star Member
Star Member

Postby SarahCHW » Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:18 am

I haven't slept through the night (like up for hours, not just up to pee) in 3 days and along with the hormones I am starting to feel completely and utterly crazy. Happy one minute, devastated the next. I told one woman I worked with that I was pregnant and she couldn't shut up about how much she loved being pregnant. I was standing there in one of the only pair of flats I have that still fit thinking, well thats good for you, now please leave me alone.

One awesome thing though, is I keep apologizing, for being sad and tired and sick and not being there 100%, and everyone has been super understanding. So I don't love it, but I can totally do this
SarahCHW
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby skye skye » Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:02 am

Sarah - I have one of those "I loved being pregnant" women at my office too. I just stare at her like 8O every time she goes on about how fine she felt. It's like yeah, good for you...glad YOU didn't have to experience this hell. LOL.

Taurus - Pregnancy is a blessing for sure - but the puking and feeling like crap is not. I know it's a means to an end - but GAH...it's difficult at times!

DandN - Glad your tummy settled - I think that has been the roughest part of things is the stomach issues (puking and stuff).

Frosted - You are soo right! NO matter what there's always going to be things we dislike, that's just life. As long as we're able to vent and not be ridiculed for our dislikes it's fine.

Repage - What a journey girl - so happy for you! Got to admit I'm slightly envious of your twins! In theory it'd be soo cool to have twins, but judging the journey I've had thus far, girl I don't envy the double dose of symptoms you probably have.lol
Married 12-13-14
beta#1 @ 23dpo=6720
beta#2 @ 25dpo=10521
skye skye
Angel
Angel

Postby reapage » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:57 am

Ha, thanks ladies! I dont have anything to compare my twin pregnancy to... So I just feel like you guys. I had the worst morning sickness for the first 15 weeks... I mean I cant say how many times I puked in the car on the way to work... poor dh (we carpool often). Once we were on our way to an elective u/s and my in laws were in the car with us and my entire breakfast came up... awkward. The heartburn and headaches suck... but at the end of the day the kicks and bump are totally worth it.

My theory is this.... EVERYONE complains when they dont feel well... I hear ppl complain about headaches, tummy aches, gas, blah blah blah but I dont consider them ungrateful to be alive.... its human nature to voice your woes- so I really want to slap anyone who says that complaining about pregnancy symptoms means we aren't grateful!

let me step off my stool and put my microphone down haha

Frosted, I love your point of view, its our dream job, and no job is perfect!

DandNbaby, the moment one symptom goes away, another crops up! Isnt it great to be on this side of things? haha

Sarah, My MIL and my boss's wife are the "I loved being pregnant" women you speak of. Its so not helpful haha. Im glad your work is understanding tho! Growing a human is hard work! But you can totally do this!

Sky Sky, If Im being honest, I am so totally stoked about having two babies inside of my person at once, I also cant wait to dress them in matching pink and blue outfits (I will be that mom while I can get away with it) & I love the excitement strangers get when they ask if I'm "due any day now", and I say "nope, more than half way tho! Its two!" But it comes with its downs as well... the logistics... the added risks for me and babies scares the bejesus out of me, the $$$$$$ and leaving my job because I would rather be with my kids than pay a daycare $4k a month... So some days its the best thing in the world, and other days its like wtf are we going to do lol

Okay, now Im going to go pee for the 12th time today. :D
TTC Since Sept 13'
IVF#1 01/15= Chemical
IVF#2 02/15= BFN
IVF#3 03/15= BFP!!

Beta#1 638
Beta#2 1979
Beta#3 4029

reapage

Postby skye skye » Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:09 am

Repage - In all honestly I somewhat envy you. I wish I could have ONE pregnancy and get TWO babies from it, that way I never have to do this again! BAHAHA :rofl: I'm totally with you on the barfing in the car - I did that last night on the way home from dinner - just all came up. UGH...we now keep plastic bags in the car, and thankfully for that, I needed that last night. DH couldn't pull over fast enough - I know DH is sympathetic to it and all, but it makes me feel bad EVERY time. It's so gross! LOL. I agree about the whole daycare thing too...that's something I don't want to do either. Lucky for us, DH's step mom is retired - can we say built in baby sitter?? YAY. :D Just curious - have you thought of names yet??
Married 12-13-14
beta#1 @ 23dpo=6720
beta#2 @ 25dpo=10521
skye skye
Angel
Angel

Postby reapage » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:53 pm

OMG I am so jealous of you, & your built in babysitter! My mom doesn't work, but she lives in ALASKA!! and we are in the DC metro area, so that would be one hell of a commute haha. It would be so nice tho, definitely count your blessings there!

Im glad you had bags in the car for last night's episode! OMG when it happened to me the first time all I had was our lunch pails... I threw everything out of mine, and vomited in it because there wasnt time to stop, and did the same to his for round two haha. Needless to say we started keeping plastic bags in the car. Some day we will look back and tell our kids about all we went through for them!

We have names! The good thing about three IVF cycles is it gave me plenty of time to plan the nursery & pick names! We are having a boy and a girl, which worked because we only had one of each picked out and we would have had to rethink things if we had two of the same gender. Little man will be named after his late grandfather on his dad's side, James Edward and little lady will be given a name that I had picked out since I was like 12 , Addeline Elizabeth, which happens to be her grandmother's name on her fathers side, and my late grandmother's name (Elizabeth). We think it was meant to be :)

What about you??
TTC Since Sept 13'
IVF#1 01/15= Chemical
IVF#2 02/15= BFN
IVF#3 03/15= BFP!!

Beta#1 638
Beta#2 1979
Beta#3 4029

reapage

Postby reapage » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:24 pm

I wanted to recommend a book to you ladies, I LOVED it!!! I listened to it on Audible, and laughed out loud a million times. Its called Sippy Cups are NOT for Chardonnay by Stefanie Wilder-Taylor. Seriously, best.pregnancy.book.ever. I enjoyed it so much that I'm now listening to her toddler book Gummi Bears Should Not Be Organic

Enjoy!
TTC Since Sept 13'
IVF#1 01/15= Chemical
IVF#2 02/15= BFN
IVF#3 03/15= BFP!!

Beta#1 638
Beta#2 1979
Beta#3 4029

reapage

Postby valerie0187 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:46 pm

Ladies I love you!! Lol! I read through this thread and I feel every single one of you!

Fuji I loved what you said about this being a dream job but even dream jobs have things you don't like.

Even right now I am feeling my little bean flip, wiggle, kick, near my bladder. I'm like please move or stop. It's funny several weeks ago I couldn't wait to feel her and now sometime she moves so much she makes me nauseous. Lol! I had no idea pregnancy was like this. I had a rough first trimester. I didn't know morning sickness could last weeks. Nobody told me this. Now I'm in my third trimester and I struggle getting out of bed and well, fell huge and I'm only getting bigger. Pregnancy isn't for pussies. LOL!!!
Me: 30
First appointment with RE on November 2013
BFP on April 11, 2015
EDD December 21, 2015
-------------------
1st app with u/s - 5/4/15 - bpm 133 :hb:, 6w6d
4th app with u/s - 7/17/15 - Expecting a baby girl!

Went to the hospital - 12/14/15 at 12 noon
Born on - 12/15/15 at 4:14 AM

- Single Mother By Choice (SMC)
ImageImage
valerie0187
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Next

Return to General Pregnancy Board