What do you drink?

Anything pregnancy-related can be discussed here

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, admin_fertilityfan

What do you drink?

Postby Mrsjvp » Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:47 pm

I just found out I'm 6-8 weeks got a blood test at the dr. My obgyn appointment isn't until Oct 16th and I'm dying I'm a big time coffee and diet soda drinker.. I usually have 2 venti iced coffee's a day and maybe one diet soda. I always drink fake sweetners but want to stop. I have been drinking coffee maybe every other day with just creamer. But I'm tired of water
Mrsjvp
Friend

Re: What do you drink?

Postby Artemis » Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:26 pm

I drink water like crazy! It's ok to have a cup of coffee s day (approx 200mg of caffeine daily). If water is bothering you try infusing it with fresh fruit, like strawberries & oranges OR my favorite, cucumber & mint!
Me: 27 DH: 26
Married Dec '13

OUR FIRST BABY

BFP April '15
EDD: New Years Eve

WATER BROKE 12/1/15 @35+5 weeks. Trip was born via emergency c section after 12 hours of induced labor.

Born 12/1/15 at 7:45pm.
5lbs 13oz and 21 inches.
No NICU time. We are blessed!
Artemis
Star Member
Star Member

Postby FrostedFuji » Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:10 pm

I found Caffeine Informer to be SUPER helpful when starting out - since you mentioned drinking venti iced coffees I'm assuming you're a Starbucks fan? :)

http://www.caffeineinformer.com/the-com ... s-caffeine

I used it religiously early on, especially at Starbucks as their caffeine contents tend to be higher than many other chains. A lot of their lattes are surprisingly low in caffeine though, I was so excited to be able to indulge in the occasional grande frappuccino and stay WELL under the limit :) My best advice for the coffee is to wean yourself down so you don't end up with headaches from caffeine withdrawal, and if you're really still craving coffee, switched to decaf. Sometimes the psychological boost of getting yourself a coffee is the most helpful part of drinking it!

I'm also a water fanatic, but if you're really sick of it, Artemis has a great idea with infusing it with fruit. If it's still not enough for you, adding a little bit of juice can also help - my DH loves a good splash of blackberry or cranberry juice in his water, it helps him drink a lot more water than he would otherwise!
Fuji: 28; H: 29

Our first baby!
Willow Del, born at 37,5 on 12/8/15
5 lb, 7.5 oz; 18.25" long
Former code name Little Jedi

FrostedFuji

Postby MamaPeach » Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:20 pm

Fuji, that site is ridiculously useful!!! Now I can drink my large Dunkin Donuts (half decaf, of course) without worrying. Thanks!
Me: 34
DH: 33
DD1: 2
Baby #2 due May 22nd, 2016
:bfp: 9/9/15
:hb: 10w5d 178
Harmony 12w3d
Harmony results 13w5d - low risk for trisomies, and :future baby boy: It's a boy! :future baby boy:
:hb: 15w1d 148
Anatomy scan 19w1d - still a :future baby boy:
MamaPeach
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Artemis » Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:06 am

Oh yeah Fuji that's an awesome website!! I've bee. Just asking for half-caff when I order anything out! Still just as good :)
Me: 27 DH: 26
Married Dec '13

OUR FIRST BABY

BFP April '15
EDD: New Years Eve

WATER BROKE 12/1/15 @35+5 weeks. Trip was born via emergency c section after 12 hours of induced labor.

Born 12/1/15 at 7:45pm.
5lbs 13oz and 21 inches.
No NICU time. We are blessed!
Artemis
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Mrsjvp » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:17 am

Thanks everyone I'm going to buy some fruits & lemons today I love infused water. And thanks for that link I usually make iced coffee at home in my reusable starbucks cup and have either another at work or once in a while splurge & go to starbucks.. but I think I'm going to try half decaf maybe I am just missing the taste of coffee.
Mrsjvp
Friend

Return to General Pregnancy Board