Telling DH

Anything pregnancy-related can be discussed here

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, admin_fertilityfan

Telling DH

Postby NewlyWed_Z » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:18 pm

Heya,

How did you tell DH? And when?

I would like to surprise him at Christmas in front of his whole family (put a positive pregnancy test in a wrapped box as a gift) but waiting that long will kill me.

Also, avoiding alco would raise suspicion anyways.

What did you guys do and when?

NewlyWed_Z
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Re: Telling DH

Postby FrostedFuji » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:51 am

Oh that sounds so cute, but I agree, waiting that long would be hard - plus you will probably have prenatal appointments before that point, and I like to have DH there for ultrasounds :) Seeing our baby has always been a really special moment for the both of us.

Personally, I told him right after I peed on the stick. He had already predicted I was pregnant, even though the first test I took was negative. I woke up very nauseous, took a test, my mind was blown, and I ran into the bedroom and woke him up with the news. He smiled and all he could say was, "Well I told you that already! You just didn't believe me!" LOL.

You can still do something similar to what you'd like to do, just a little unorthodox - either make him a nice dinner or take him out to dinner and give him the positive test in a wrapped box. Or maybe you'll find another great option that is fitting for you :) Either way, I hope it's just as great as you hope!
Fuji: 28; H: 29

Our first baby!
Willow Del, born at 37,5 on 12/8/15
5 lb, 7.5 oz; 18.25" long
Former code name Little Jedi

FrostedFuji

Postby alecita1987 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:49 pm

I agree you can wait to tell other people till Christmas, end of 1st trimester or whatever.. But it would be too hard and honestly kind of weird to keep it from your DH.
The first time what I did was I bought a newborn size onesie that says "I love U Dad" and put it in a gift bag together with a bunch of positive pee sticks lol and a card congratulating him for becoming a dad.
Second time nothing especial.. We went through a mc 3 months before and we were both desperately wanting to get pregnant again. So as soon as I got a positive test I woke him up. Showed him the test and said "you're gonna be a daddy again."
it's nice trying to plan a nice way to tell them but honestly they'll be happy no matter which way they find out lol.
Me: 29, DH: 28
DS: 14 months old

BFP! 4/21/15 -> :angel: MMC @ 10w (6/6/15)
BFP! 10/1/15 -> DS born 6/9/16. My RAINBOW Baby!
BFP! 6/26/17 -> EDD 3/8/18 :sticky:

Ultrasound on 8/1/17 @ 8w5d :hb: 172 bpm

alecita1987

Postby NewlyWed_Z » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:30 pm

I told him :D

I couldn't wait another day :D

I just went to apologise for all my moodiness and crying over nothing (like, I busted down crying during The Simpsons!!) and laziness (I'm having naps all the time)... then pulled a pee stick out from hiding in my bra and said "this might be why".

The look on his face was the cutest! The last thing he said before bed last night was "this is exciting, isn't it?"

:)
NewlyWed_Z
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Return to General Pregnancy Board