Could I be a bad mother before even giving birth? :(

Anything pregnancy-related can be discussed here

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, admin_fertilityfan

Could I be a bad mother before even giving birth? :(

Postby DandNBaby » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:22 am

So my baby's weight was estimated around 1.5kg (3.3 pounds) while the normal weight for this week (28 weeks) is 1.1kg (2.5 pounds).
I don't have a weight issue, nore does my husband. but I fear that maybe all the cravings I allowed myself during this pregnancy are affecting his weight.
(Though I also combined alot of fruites, vegatables, meat, chicken and milk so he would grow strong).
I feel so guilty :(
But then again, maybe it's not that bad, and maybe he would just be a bit chubbier as a baby and not suffer from overweight in the long run, and maybe the estimation is wrong.
I don't know, being respoinsible for another human's nutrition is pretty stressful.
I know that those last weeks are when they really developing fat, maybe it's not too late for a good pregnancy-diet?
(sorry if I sound stupid or hysterical for no reason)
DandNBaby

Re: Could I be a bad mother before even giving birth? :(

Postby SaSears » Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:46 am

Ummm NO. Hahaha some women do meth while they're pregnant, and you feel guilty because your baby has plenty of nutrients to make him/her nice and chubby. Just relax and know baby is happy and healthy. If you need to make a change your doctor will tell you. Plus, chubby babies are the cutest.

You may want to make sure that you pack your hospital bags a few weeks early, though. Just in case baby decides it's getting too cramped in there!
SaSears
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby Amanda0713 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:14 am

I agree with PP, pack you bags a little early just in case. My mom had me a month early because I was so big, but I was totally healthy, no problems. (I was 9 lbs and 4 weeks early lol, the doctors thought they were off on my due date and did tests to verify I was in fact premie.) I leaned out at around a year old and haven't been overweight since, so it also doesn't mean anything for long term health.

Unless you are gaining an excessive amount of weight, then you were probably just destined to have a big baby no matter what. When you eat too much, it mostly results in your weight gain and blood sugar issues much more so than the weight of the baby.

You aren't a bad mommy, keep on adding in all those healthy things as much as possible and cut yourself a little slack. Being pregnant is stressful.
DS born 7/28/13
MC at 8 weeks June 2015
BFP 10/06/15
EDD 6/16/16

Amanda0713
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby DandNBaby » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:03 am

Thanks. I really needed to hear that!
I have like 6 other friends who are pregnant, and I really don't think I eat worse than them, but still was nervous..
and I didn't even think about the early delivery... 8O 8O
I know it's some women's dream to deliver earlier a healthy heavy baby but I really can't efford that.
On the contrary, I was hoping to be at late as possible...
(I am studying for B.Sc in computer science and engineering [3rd year out of three] and it just so happen that my EDD is around the time of the exams and I was hoping I could still take some of the exams in time...)
Well, cross your fingers for me ladies!!
and if you're one of those who wishes to give birth earlier, let me know and maybe we can cut a deal and I will take some of your extra days for you LOL
DandNBaby

Postby Amanda0713 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:29 am

It doesn't mean you will, we just want you to have a bag packed just in case. ;) With my DS I packed a bag at 37 weeks because my sister made me, and my water broke 3 days later. Being at the hospital without any of the stuff you want would suck. But I will hope for you that you go full term as you hope. Good luck!
DS born 7/28/13
MC at 8 weeks June 2015
BFP 10/06/15
EDD 6/16/16

Amanda0713
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Return to General Pregnancy Board