Help! Need advice- Anybody have ectopic pregnancies?

Anything pregnancy-related can be discussed here

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, admin_fertilityfan

Help! Need advice- Anybody have ectopic pregnancies?

Postby ksi0512 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:22 am

Hi ladies! I'm not sure exactly where to post this... So it's in two threads.

I am 4w3d today. Super super early.
I got my BFP on an FRER on Friday morning 12/4. That night I started having a pain lower on the right side of my pelvis. It felt like I was being pinched or stabbed from inside. If I laid down it would be more dull, but I felt it all night. The next morning it had mostly gone away. I definitely felt sore there though.
Ever since then, I have felt it off and on. I constantly feel an ache there that isn't typical for me. Sometimes it feels like the pinching/stabbing, sometimes it just feels sore like I pulled a muscle.

I did call my doctor and went in yesterday for a beta draw. My level was 230. She reviewed with the doctor and called me this morning. They'll do an ultrasound at my already scheduled appointment on the 22nd. And I'm going back in tomorrow for another beta. I felt reassured until the nurse said on the phone "But remember if it is localized on one side, that is more worrisome". THATS THE REASON I CALLED IN THE FIRST PLACE! Lol. She obviously hadn't listened during my previous call to her.
So then I told her it had only ever been on my right side. She then said "ok, see you in two weeks then" and hung up!

So... I need advice. I am trying to stay calm and understand it is 'probably nothing'. But I have seen my sister in law go through an ectopic rupture and I do not want that to happen. That's all I can think about. I have had no spotting or bleeding so far. So that is promising.
Can anyone give me advice or let me know if they felt anything similar? Good or bad news. I can take it. :)

Thank you so much in advance!
ksi0512

Re: Help! Need advice- Anybody have ectopic pregnancies?

Postby elohcin » Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:24 am

Just replied to your other thread (I had both of these open not realizing it was the same one! LOL). I hope all is well.
Me (30) DH (33) Married 12 years!
Mama to 4 in arms (ages 10, 8, 6, 3) and 11 in Heaven
Thanking God for a new little one coming our way in 2016!
elohcin
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby RMG10069 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:56 pm

I had a similar situation when pregnant with my daughter. I was so scared it was ectopic I went to the ER at 6 weeks and it turned out to just be a corpus luteum cyst (a cyst on the ovary from the exact spot where the egg was released, that goes away as the pregnancy goes on). I think the pain from ectopic is severe, so you'd know. But I totally understand your concern, I was the same. Just keep in tune with your body like you're doing and if you want it checked, call the dr for an u/s.
RMG10069

Postby ksi0512 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:04 pm

Thank you!! That's reassuring. I am scheduled for an ultrasound on the 22nd, so 12 more days! I'll go in if it gets worse. Thanks again!
ksi0512

Postby Honey Bunny » Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:23 am

I am hoping that is not the case for you. I think and highly advice if your pain or discomfort does not decrease and only gets worse please seek a second opinion and head over to an emergency room. I hope its just baby getting more comfy in there. But sometimes if you have a gut feeling its better to be safe than sorry, specially with ectopics.. it can be fatal . The 22nd is too long of a wait if your pain only gets worse. Your HCG sounds about right for the weeks you are. This might just be nothing to worry about and I hope you start feeling better soon!
Me: 27
DH : 53

Image IT'S A GIRL!Image
Claire Olivia
Born: July 17th, 2015

Baby # 2 EDD JULY 16th, 2016 - Team Green Again!

Honey Bunny

Postby ksi0512 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:19 am

Thanks! I was basically pain free yesterday. Just crampy and "full feeling" on that right side. I'm hoping that's just where baby stuck! But it didn't hurt me yesterday. I'm keeping a good eye on it. :)
ksi0512

Postby FrostedFuji » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:02 pm

I had a LOT of pulling and cramps early on in my pregnancy. It was my first cycle ovulating after I came off of hormonal birth control, so at first I thought it was just my body adjusting to the cycle again. After I got my BFP, it continued. Personally, I think some of us are just really sensitive to the very early uterus changes as it prepares to expand to make room for baby. In the early weeks I would joke with my DH about baby adding on bedrooms, a home theater, and an indoor pool ;)

It's obviously been a while since then, I just gave birth to her last week, but IIRC I did tend to feel it a lot more on my right than my left.
Fuji: 28; H: 29

Our first baby!
Willow Del, born at 37,5 on 12/8/15
5 lb, 7.5 oz; 18.25" long
Former code name Little Jedi

FrostedFuji

Postby ksi0512 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:19 pm

I did end up in urgent care. Baby is implanted in my uterus, and I do have cysts on my ovary. They're pretty positive that where my pain is from. So hopefully that's the case! I do have my first OB appointment on Tuesday!
ksi0512

Postby elohcin » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:24 pm

Glad to hear that's what it is, and that it is a common thing! Hope you are feeling better about it now!
Me (30) DH (33) Married 12 years!
Mama to 4 in arms (ages 10, 8, 6, 3) and 11 in Heaven
Thanking God for a new little one coming our way in 2016!
elohcin
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to General Pregnancy Board