Stretch-marks, strech-marks everywhere!!

Anything pregnancy-related can be discussed here

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, admin_fertilityfan

Stretch-marks, strech-marks everywhere!!

Postby DandNBaby » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:19 am

So I've been lucky enough not to have any visible stretch marks up to week 30+ and I thought I was out of the woods on this one...
but not a week later they started showing up, lots of them!
It's week 33+ now, and I have stretch marks on my belly, hips, boobs, inner thighs and butt (I didn't even realized it got bigger!!!)
I'm beginning to look like a human zebra :(

Anyone else thinks this pregnancy just put an end to her swimsuit/bikini/shorts/anything slightly skin baring days?

Come on little Dan, come to mommy and make it all worth her while!!! (Not that you haven't already made me and daddy the happiest people on earth...)
DandNBaby

Re: Stretch-marks, strech-marks everywhere!!

Postby HighlandGamesGirlCO » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:07 pm

LOL my mother had 3 kids and zero stretch marks. My stretch marks started in the second tri. I look like I got mauled by a tiger...but you know, it's ok, cause I will rock a bikini at some point anyway, faded stretch marks or not. No one will dictate to me how I feel about my own body. Embrace your stripes honey! You earned them :)
Me (Lindsey) - 38
DH/love of my life - 44

"We are all atheists regarding most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further." - Richard Dawkins

Fiona Jayne born 12/21/2015 - our solstice baby! 7lb 5.5oz 19.75"

It's a BOY! EDD Feb 16, 2017
Repeat c-section scheduled, Ciaran Reeves will arrive Feb 13, 2017!

HighlandGamesGirlCO
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby FrostedFuji » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:56 pm

Aside from a brief period a couple of years ago, I've never cared much about my stretch marks - I got a lot during puberty, and then I got fat toward the end of college (LOL) and ended up with a lot more then.

But regardless, pregnancy stretch marks feel totally different to me. They're badges of honor from making a new person! And anyone who might want to judge you for displaying them can go jump in a lake and isn't worth your time.
Fuji: 28; H: 29

Our first baby!
Willow Del, born at 37,5 on 12/8/15
5 lb, 7.5 oz; 18.25" long
Former code name Little Jedi

FrostedFuji

Postby beachmommy » Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:45 am

I have always had stretch marks even before pregnancy! I had them on the inside of my legs. I got a few more on my stomach from pregnancy. I started using this stretch mark cream by InstaNatural and it's really made a huge difference so far in the appearance of my stretch marks. I definitely understand wearing those stretchmarks as a badge of honor but if they bother you, you should definitely check out this cream. All their products are natural and organic too so that is a huge plus! Also very inexpensive
http://instanatural.com/collections/wha ... scar-cream
beachmommy
Friend

Postby LauraReddall » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:50 am

True!!
LauraReddall

Return to General Pregnancy Board