Nausea, shaking, blackouts and fainting?

Anything pregnancy-related can be discussed here

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, admin_fertilityfan

Nausea, shaking, blackouts and fainting?

Postby LPCmommy » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:33 pm

Anyone experience nausea and stomach pains so bad they can't sleep or eat? I try to snack and drink as much as possible and have at least one meal a day but I just stay sick and in pain... For three days now I have been super weak and shakey. I have also felt like I was going to pass out some. Today I had blood drawn and did pass out. Since then (4 hours) every time I stand I black out. Won't get my results back until tomorrow if I'm lucky because it is snowing here (our town isn't equipped for snow). Also, any experiences with ectopic pregnancies? They wanted me to have an ultrasound tomorrow just to make sure everything is ok... when the doctor spoke to me she focused in on worry about where the baby implanted... I haven't bled or anything but I do keep bad stomach pains in my lower abdomen. Also I have bad stomach and chest pains. I keep acid reflux but never really any heartburn. Does that part sound like heart burn?

Updated to add: After looking up ectopic pregnancies I see why my doctor was worried... I told her I feel like I have to make a bowel movement but can't.. Also I didn't tell her but I have mentioned it to my husband tht my right shoulder and arm will ache on and off... On mayo clinic both of those are signs of an ectopic.
The name is Lindsey
DH Christopher
DS Nathan, born 8/1/2012
Got our BFP on New Year's Day! :D
EDD September 12th 2016

LPCmommy
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Re: Nausea, shaking, blackouts and fainting?

Postby chocolatecake » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:41 pm

I don't want to worry you more than you already are, but this does sound a bit mysterious. The good news is that you are being well taken care of, sounds like your doctor is ruling things out as she goes. I started having my scans at around 5/6 weeks, so they could check where the bean implanted, so it's normal to check. I hope all goes well for you, and wishing you sticky baby dust. If the pain gets unbearable and you cant walk,I would go to the ER right away though.
chocolatecake
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby Yelibaby » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:41 pm

I would definitely go to the ER of you keep passing out. That can't be good for the baby or you!
Me: 31
DH: 29
TTC #1 since OCT 2014. After 1 year Nuvaring.

BFP Feb. 15, 2015 - MC at 7 weeks
BFP Apr 2015 - cp
BFP May 24th, 2015 (My bday - 9dpo)

Beta 10dpo - 35// 12dpo - 100// 14dpo - 255// 17dpo - 1186.4// 21dpo - 7763.4

Progesterone 10dpo - 56.4 (oral progesterone)
Progesterone 14dpo - 61.3 (vaginal supplements and shot)

Please be my rainbow baby!!
Yelibaby
Addicted
Addicted

Postby alecita1987 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:12 am

I agree. The constant nausea/throwing up can be considered HG which is pretty bad on itself but not a cause of alarm right away. The constant weakness and blacking out is concerning though, whatever the cause might be. Your blood results probably gotta show an imbalance going on as the culprit of your symptoms and if it's gonna take that long to get results back from your doctor + you can't even be safe on your own as you might pass out then it's time to go to the ER where you can get inmediate attention. At least call your doctor and let them know what's going on and see what they recommend. Good luck.
Me: 29, DH: 28
DS: 14 months old

BFP! 4/21/15 -> :angel: MMC @ 10w (6/6/15)
BFP! 10/1/15 -> DS born 6/9/16. My RAINBOW Baby!
BFP! 6/26/17 -> EDD 3/8/18 :sticky:

Ultrasound on 8/1/17 @ 8w5d :hb: 172 bpm

alecita1987

Postby elohcin » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:12 am

Do the stomach pains feel like gas pains? That was my main symptom of my ectopic. Nothing like what I read it would be like. I didn't get the referred pain in my shoulder until AFTER my surgery, when I was really gassy from being opened up. But it is a common symptom of gas for me, just anytime.

The fainting and blackouts COULD be related to your blood volume, and that could be something you need to work on (adrenals as well). But it could be related if it is ectopic, because internal bleeding is a messy thing and can really throw your body out of whack.

Do you have any spotting or bleeding? One thing I had with my ectopic (even before the pain) was dark red, almost black spotting, kind of "oozy" like.

I hope everything is fine!!! Praying for you! I am sorry you are going through this scary time!
Me (30) DH (33) Married 12 years!
Mama to 4 in arms (ages 10, 8, 6, 3) and 11 in Heaven
Thanking God for a new little one coming our way in 2016!
elohcin
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby LPCmommy » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:35 pm

Thought I'd update that everything seems to be fine after all the results came back. I only passed out once not sure f I worded that wrong? But I still get dizzy and blackout occasionally. Now that I have nausea meds I do feel a little better but still miserable. At least I know that the baby is healthy and there are no known infections or problems with my blood. Hopefully by 12 weeks all of this will stop!
The name is Lindsey
DH Christopher
DS Nathan, born 8/1/2012
Got our BFP on New Year's Day! :D
EDD September 12th 2016

LPCmommy
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby elohcin » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:46 pm

LPCmommy wrote:Thought I'd update that everything seems to be fine after all the results came back. I only passed out once not sure f I worded that wrong? But I still get dizzy and blackout occasionally. Now that I have nausea meds I do feel a little better but still miserable. At least I know that the baby is healthy and there are no known infections or problems with my blood. Hopefully by 12 weeks all of this will stop!

Besides working on building up blood volume (so your blood pressure doesn't get too low), you might want to look into adrenal support/rebuilding. Adrenal issues are VERY common in pregnancy and motherhood but are rarely addressed properly.
Me (30) DH (33) Married 12 years!
Mama to 4 in arms (ages 10, 8, 6, 3) and 11 in Heaven
Thanking God for a new little one coming our way in 2016!
elohcin
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby chocolatecake » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:52 pm

Im glad to hear it was nothing serious and the baby is doing well :). Thank you for updating. Maybe you are a little more sensitive to pregnancy than most, but its all worth it in the end.
chocolatecake
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby MamaBird912 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:12 pm

Besides the stomach pain, the nausea shaking etc sounds like sugar problems. If you're finding it hard to eat this may be causing you to have even more off sugar than pregnancy does naturally. Hope you feel better soon. (:
MamaBird912
Addicted
Addicted

Return to General Pregnancy Board