Anybody ever cruise? Safe from mosquitoes on boat?

Anything pregnancy-related can be discussed here

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, admin_fertilityfan

Anybody ever cruise? Safe from mosquitoes on boat?

Postby MamaBird912 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:21 am

I posted this in the Aug DDC, but I thought maybe I'd get more hits here.

Scheduled to cruise Feb 28-Mar 5 in the Caribbean. I'm very scared of this Zika virus. There's not enough information yet about if it does or does not cause microcephaly in babies born to infected mothers or what trimester it could be harmful in.

I will be 17-18 weeks pregnant with my second son on vacation. I've had it planned almost a year now. Everything is booked. My question is, do mosquitoes go near the boat while its in port? I'm not worried about it on the sailing days, just wondering how much of a risk they are on deck. If I stay on the boat at the ports of risk, what are my chances of being bitten? I plan to wear deet either way.
There's plenty to do so im not worried about not enjoying my vacation. It'll be great just to be alone with DH, enjoy the food, swim, sun, play games, go to shows, etc. I'm thrilled to say there's tons to do.
I don't want to risk baby Charlie's health, but I also don't want to cancel our trip. It's our belated honeymoon since we didn't get one two years ago <3
MamaBird912
Addicted
Addicted

Re: Anybody ever cruise? Safe from mosquitoes on boat?

Postby elohcin » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:30 pm

So I don't know if this helps you at all, but I came across it randomly (I wasn't looking for anything like this! LOL) and it made me think of you.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=541436
Me (30) DH (33) Married 12 years!
Mama to 4 in arms (ages 10, 8, 6, 3) and 11 in Heaven
Thanking God for a new little one coming our way in 2016!
elohcin
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: Anybody ever cruise? Safe from mosquitoes on boat?

Postby MamaBird912 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:48 am

Thank you (: that's just what I've been asking. I consulted my Dr yesterday about canceling.. Waiting on a call back.
MamaBird912
Addicted
Addicted

Return to General Pregnancy Board