Normal discharge or mucus plug?

Anything pregnancy-related can be discussed here

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, admin_fertilityfan

Normal discharge or mucus plug?

Postby Jck » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:12 pm

Hi, rather TMI question but I was hoping someone might be able to share their experience/knowledge. I'm in my 17th week and over the past 2 days I've had some very thick rubbery discharge, ranging from milky/clear to slightly yellow. No other symptoms except maybe some mild cramping for an hour and a bit of pressure. No odour. I'm a bit concerned this could be part of the plug? One was about the size of a large coin and then some smaller bits. Has anyone else experienced this? I've been pretty dry my whole pregnancy so far, so this is unusual. As a side note, my husband and I DTD the night before last, not sure if that caused it. Anyone have any ideas?
Jck

Re: Normal discharge or mucus plug?

Postby MamaBird912 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:45 am

I definitely want to say this is harmless.

It's more than likely "leftovers" from you and DH having sex. Sex can also cause cramping. But even if it IS your plug, its okay. Throughout pregnancy its possible to lose pieces of the plug, and they will be replaced.

As long as they aren't tinged with blood I'd say you're okay. When you're in early labor you may have something called a "bloody show" which is the plug coming out and some blood. It's a very good sign that your baby will come soon! (I was in the hospital with contractions less than 24 hours after mine with DS1) So try to relax, you should be fine (:
MamaBird912
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Jck » Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:06 pm

Thank you!
Jck

Postby justxher » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:37 am

It sounds pretty harmless (I get LOADS of discharge) but if you want to be really cautious you could get it checked out by your doctor to make sure your cervix is still a good length and fully closed.
Me: 27
DH: 29
DS1: :angel: Baby Jase born 06/30/15, premature at 18w2d

DS2: June 25 2016
justxher
Angel
Angel

Return to General Pregnancy Board