Any advice or answers?

Anything pregnancy-related can be discussed here

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, admin_fertilityfan

Any advice or answers?

Postby Brooke1993 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:29 am

I know for a fact that my last period was Oct 17. Which would have put me ovulating on Oct 31.
I am currently pregnant and due Aug 3rd. Which coincides with a last period of Oct 28 and ovulation on Nov 11.
Going by the date of Oct 17,THAT I KNOW FOR SURE WAS MY LAST, I would be due July 24th.
I have had 3 ultrasounds so far. One being in December and I was 6w2d and that coincides with an August 3rd due date.
Then I had one in January that put me at 10w2d and that one also coincides with an Aug 3 due date.
And one in March that put me 4 days behind bumping the due date to Aug 7 (though the doctor didn't change it).
So, is it possible that I just ovulated late and got pregnant several days after I thought I did?

I had sex on Oct 30 and thought that that this would have been the date that lead to pregnancy. But, with the measurements, it looks as if sex during the Nov 6-12 window is what lead to this pregnancy.

I am just trying to pinpoint dates and I am very confused.
Brooke1993

Re: Any advice or answers?

Postby frankme1 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:28 am

Totally possible that you ovulated late. In fact, I would say most girls do not have the typical 28 day cycle where they ovulate exactly 14 days after last period. I am surprised that the doctor did not go with your last period date. That is typically how they first decide due date, but then based on ultrasounds they may adjust. The ultrasound is generally more accurate because of the fact that last period date says nothing about ovulation. Last period date is only accurate if you do have that perfect cycle where you ovulate 14 days after last period....very unlikely.
Me - Meagan (30), DH - Rob (43)
DS - Charlie (1)
Expecting baby #2 on July 17th!
frankme1
Star Member
Star Member

Postby alecita1987 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:19 pm

Seeing as you had 2 U/S during the first trimester showing that according to baby's measurements your due date is August 3rd then I would say it's pretty safe to say that you did in fact ovulated late the cycle you concieved.

It's perfectly normal for an U/S during the 2nd trimester (the one you had this month) to show a slightly different due date as during that time babies start growing at their own rate, so measurements can be a few days ahead or behind without causing concern.

I would've only suspected there was a problem if baby's growth was inconsistent. That's not your case though, so everything points out to you ovulating late.
Me: 29, DH: 28
DS: 14 months old

BFP! 4/21/15 -> :angel: MMC @ 10w (6/6/15)
BFP! 10/1/15 -> DS born 6/9/16. My RAINBOW Baby!
BFP! 6/26/17 -> EDD 3/8/18 :sticky:

Ultrasound on 8/1/17 @ 8w5d :hb: 172 bpm

alecita1987

Postby MamaBird912 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:04 pm

Aug 3 is my due date! And I had to fight for it...

I know my last period was Oct 28 - Nov 3 They tried to say baby was measuring a week ahead and that it should be changed to July 27. But that would have meant ovulation the day my period ended or the day after. I was tracking my cycle, trying to conceive, and took a digi that coincided with my calculated ovulation date. The timing and results didn't match the change of due date at all, made no sense. So they changed my date back to Aug 3 and baby is 92 percentile at 22.5 weeks o.0 my son was 8 lb 3 oz, so I'm expecting a good size lil man (:
MamaBird912
Addicted
Addicted

Postby elohcin » Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:42 am

I agree with the other ladies- you likely ovulated late. I always adjust my LMP to 14 days before my ovulation date (because I track my cycle like a hawk so I always know it) and not the other way around, because otherwise it always throws of dates and measurements and most docs don't seem to believe a woman can possibly pinpoint her ovulation so they tend to go exclusively with LMP. But as the other ladies said, early u/s's tend to be most accurate with dating, and since you had two with the same date result, I'd say that's likely the one you'd go with.
Me (30) DH (33) Married 12 years!
Mama to 4 in arms (ages 10, 8, 6, 3) and 11 in Heaven
Thanking God for a new little one coming our way in 2016!
elohcin
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to General Pregnancy Board