Positive test but then negative...

Anything pregnancy-related can be discussed here

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, admin_fertilityfan

Positive test but then negative...

Postby Tboles85 » Mon May 09, 2016 1:19 pm

My last period was March 28th. I am usually every 28 days, give or take a day or 2. We weren't trying but we weren't preventing. Wednesday April 27th I wiped and had a small spot of pink. I thought I was starting my period but it never came. I haven't had any spotting since. Last Tuesday (5/3) I started with nausea, headaches and my boobs were sore. I realized I was late so I took a pregnancy test the next morning on Wednesday (5/4). It was positive. It was a dollar tree one. I called my doctor to schedule and appt and couldn't get in until 5/17. I have taken a few more tests but they are all negative now. My pregnancy symptoms have even gotten stronger. My nipples are darker, I've had cramping, my emotions are everything, and my stomach is even poking out just a bit. And the exhaustion is ridiculous. I'm so confused. I know that I will know for sure on the 17th but I hate waiting. Today I went and got a bunch of dollar tree tests so I can test every morning. While this pregnancy was kind of unexpected , I am still overjoyed. Anyone have these issues and still been pregnant?? Thanks!!!
Tboles85

Re: Positive test but then negative...

Postby alecita1987 » Mon May 09, 2016 5:06 pm

Try holding your urine and limiting fluids for at least 4 hours in the evening and then test. I've heard some women have a hard time getting positives in the morning but have no issues with evening urine.
Me: 29, DH: 28
DS: 14 months old

BFP! 4/21/15 -> :angel: MMC @ 10w (6/6/15)
BFP! 10/1/15 -> DS born 6/9/16. My RAINBOW Baby!
BFP! 6/26/17 -> EDD 3/8/18 :sticky:

Ultrasound on 8/1/17 @ 8w5d :hb: 172 bpm

alecita1987

Re: Positive test but then negative...

Postby Tboles85 » Mon May 09, 2016 5:15 pm

Thank you very much! I will try that! I have a habit of drinking hot tea before bed so maybe that's been the issue. Thanks for your help!
Tboles85

Return to General Pregnancy Board