32 weeks with contractions

Anything pregnancy-related can be discussed here

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, admin_fertilityfan

32 weeks with contractions

Postby bgarcia » Thu May 19, 2016 3:44 pm

So yesterday.. 32 weeks 4 days and was having contractions(not painful) every 3-5 minutes for 3 hours. I called my ob and she sent me to the hospital so here I go just so nervous hoping this is not the real deal because my baby is just so small. Well I get there and yes they seen the contractions coming and right away gave me that shot of terbutaline . They checked my cervix and I was not dilated at all so that was GREAT! The shot didn't make my contractions stop so I got a second shot and still nothing so I got a third one.. Contractions still went on so they gave me a pill nifedipine my contractions still didn't ease they actually felt stronger and wrapping around my whole belly. Well they checked my cervix again and I still hadn't dilated not one bit.. So that was the best news. Well I got sent home with contractions and was just told to come back I water breaks or I start bleeding or the contractions increase in strength or pain. HAS ANYONE GONE THRU THIS BEFORE? Hours of contractions with no dilation? Did your labor eventually did progress? How many weeks were you? I'm just scared that at any moment I am going to start contracting again and go into premature labor. I'm scared for my baby
Me: 29
DB: 38

DS - 8
DD - 3
DD - 10 months
expecting surprise baby #4!!

ITS A BABY GIRL!!!!!!

bgarcia
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Re: 32 weeks with contractions

Postby bgarcia » Fri May 20, 2016 10:06 am

Just got out of my appt and I have dilated to 1 1/2 cent so Doctor is sending me straight to hospital to get steroids for the baby. She said I can give birth tomorrow or in a week we just don't know all we know is that I'm dilating now and we must be prepared. I'm very scared for my princess but she assured me that babies at 33 weeks do just fine and are pretty big. I'll be 33 weeks tomorrow

DS - 8
DD - 3
DD - 10 months

ITS A BABY GIRL!!!!!!

bgarcia
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby MamaBird912 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:22 am

I think I was dilated 1-2 cm from 34 weeks on last time. They never gave me a shot or showed concern. He said my cervix was still really high and not too thin, so it wasn't probable I'd go into labor. I made it to the night before my due date. If that makes you feel any better (:
MamaBird912
Addicted
Addicted

Postby bgarcia » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:10 pm

Mamabird yes it does make me feel better thankyou.. I am 36 weeks now so the fear I have is gone now I'd be okay if she cAme. I'm guessing my doctor was concerned because I kept having contrCtions with dilation.. She checked me again a few days later and I was 3 centimeters. I haven't progressed past that.. I have been 3 since 33 weeks but I think I will be fine and make it to my due date. I have contrCtions daily.. HVing some right now as I type but they don't progress into labor so we shall see.. I am getting anxious now

DS - 8
DD - 3
DD - 10 months

ITS A BABY GIRL!!!!!!

bgarcia
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Return to General Pregnancy Board