Low HCG but rising and bleeding

Anything pregnancy-related can be discussed here

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, admin_fertilityfan

Low HCG but rising and bleeding

Postby babydiggs » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:00 pm

Hi ladies, this is my first pregnancy and I really don't know what to do. According to my dates I should be 5wks3days right now. Last tuesday i had a blood test and my HCG was 465 which I know is low. I went back thursday and got another blood test and those levels were at 475. I started bleeding this morning (tuesday) but have had no cramping, so I immediately went to the dr and she did another blood test. she also did a vaginal ultrasoound but she said it was too early to see anything, so I might not be as far along. She saw a very very very tiny spot which she said could be a sac or remnants of one but she didn't think much of it. My HCG came back at 687 though. Which is still low but it is rising. My dr. said it most likely will not be a viable pregnancy and I can either wait and get tested again this weekend or I can schedule a d&c. Has anyone experienced this and still gone on to have a viable pregnancy? Should I wait and let nature takes it course and see what happens or go with the d&c right away? Do you think I can still go on to have a successful pregnancy?
Me:32 (everything looks good)
DH:34 (no factor but hasn't tested)
TTC #1 since November 2014
1st BFP 8/17/16
Low HCG @ 5wks
babydiggs
Friend

Re: Low HCG but rising and bleeding

Postby Mantis » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:31 pm

Hi babydiggs

Firstly let me say that sounds very tough and good luck with whatever you decide

Can I ask is the bleeding very heavy? My experience of miscarriage around 7 weeks was a bit different, I had heavy bleeding and some severe cramping (worse than ANY periods ever) and even then i did not want to let go until i saw that ultrasound and there was no longer a HB. So I can understand the reluctance to let go, particularly as your HCG levels are rising. I don't think there is a right answer or thing to do in this situation and if you are not in pain then the "watchful waiting" approach might be a good way to go for you. You are right about nature taking it's course, the fate of this pregnancy is unfortunately predetermined and if you do not intervene you will not change the outcome.

Hope that helps :S
Me: 31 (tests ongoing.. so far normal fertility)
DH:33 (male factor fertility: 20% motility)
Married 23/03/2013
TTC #1 since 1/2015
M/C @7w3d
Cycle 29 days. LP: 10 days
Supplements: Vitex, B6, Vit D, Prenatal Multi-Vit (Me), Menevit (DH)

Mantis
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby babydiggs » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:52 am

thanks Mantis. The bleeding is thick at times but not heavy, if that makes sense. It is not clotty and I am only bleeding when I use the bathroom. A little comes out on my liner after but it stops until i use the restroom again. I have bloating but no cramping at all just gas. DH thinks we should wait and I do too I'm just nervous, worried and not really ready to accept the loss only a week after finding out i was even pregnant.
Me:32 (everything looks good)
DH:34 (no factor but hasn't tested)
TTC #1 since November 2014
1st BFP 8/17/16
Low HCG @ 5wks
babydiggs
Friend

Postby Mantis » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:22 am

Any updates babydiggs? How you doing?
Me: 31 (tests ongoing.. so far normal fertility)
DH:33 (male factor fertility: 20% motility)
Married 23/03/2013
TTC #1 since 1/2015
M/C @7w3d
Cycle 29 days. LP: 10 days
Supplements: Vitex, B6, Vit D, Prenatal Multi-Vit (Me), Menevit (DH)

Mantis
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Return to General Pregnancy Board