How many weeks start feeling movement

Anything pregnancy-related can be discussed here

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, admin_fertilityfan

How many weeks start feeling movement

Postby momma-of4 » Fri May 12, 2017 10:08 am

I'm 17 weeks and I'm wondering when you all start feeling movement for the first time? This is my fifth baby and I haven't felt anything yet. I've read it's usually around 16 weeks. Just looking for real life experiences.
momma-of4

Re: How many weeks start feeling movement

Postby erin860 » Sat May 13, 2017 1:25 pm

Hi, it all depends on where your placenta is located. If it is located on the front and the baby has to kick through that also it will take much longer for you to feel movement. If it's on the back you'll feel it sooner. With my first pregnancy my placenta was located on the front And it took until about 22/23 weeks for me to really feel the baby moving. With this pregnancy it is located on the back so I started feeling a fluttering around 16–17 weeks and will movement around 18–19 weeks. Hang in there I'm sure you will feel it soon. My advice is to lay down with your hands on your stomach and no other distractions in the room so you can focus on just your belly. I'm 26 weeks right now and unless I lay down I really don't feel it that much. I think I'm just too busy running after my 11 month old. If you're a mama of four you probably already have a lot of distractions so hopefully you can find some quiet time and can feel the baby moving.
erin860

Re: How many weeks start feeling movement

Postby momma-of4 » Thu May 18, 2017 7:55 pm

Thanks for your reply. I'm 18 weeks today and still nothing. i try laying down and being quiet but nothing yet. I just remember feeling it so much sooner with my others. I need to just relax!!
momma-of4

Return to General Pregnancy Board