What restrictions are possible when pregnant?

Anything pregnancy-related can be discussed here

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, admin_fertilityfan

Postby Katy345 » Sun May 21, 2017 10:15 pm

Hello,

I am 20 weeks pregnant and a police officer. My work has known since 16 weeks. They are very supportive and willing to accommodate. My doctor has not given me any restrictions yet. I have an appointment tomorrow.

I am afraid he is going to take me off the streets. I love my job and my pregnancy has not interfered at all. I am still a top producing officer at my department.

My work says only my doctor can put me on light duty through restrictions.

Katy345

Re: What restrictions are possible when pregnant?

Postby BreeAndJoe081415 » Mon May 22, 2017 6:07 pm

I would be extremely nervous with your profession. The high possibility of dealing with violence probably wild have put me on light duty almost immediately. I am a paramedic and am also weighing options of how to deal with my pregnancy. Ultimately you have to decide what you are comfortable with. As far as physical activity, they say you can continue normal routines, but nothing new or pushing harder than you did before you were pregnant. Lifting patients will probably have to stop for me when I am to big to safely lift the stretcher without wrenching my back. For you, you know your duties and what you are comfortable with. I would worry more about physical violence, like I said. If you choose to go off the streets for the later part of your pregnancy, as I will have to as well, as much as we both love the streets, it's temporary, and better safe than sorry. Good luck!!
TTC #1 since May 2015. Endometriosis. Chemical Pregnancy Dec 2015. Ectopic with rupture and loss of right tube May 2016. 3 failed clomid cycles. Suprise BFP May 2017 :)
BreeAndJoe081415
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Re: What restrictions are possible when pregnant?

Postby karishmamukhija » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:04 am

Hello,

Most women's are doing work during pregnancy.But if you are doing lots of work than,it is not good for the health of baby.Sometimes premature delivery also possible.We must aware of it.
Major restrictions must be taken during the time of pregnancy.
1.Eat Healthy Food.
2.Do not compromise with your health.
3.Drink plenty of water as it is good for you and your baby.
4.Eat healthy food which is rich in iron and proteins.
5.Do exercise daily.
If you follow all these things than your baby will be fit and healthy.
karishmamukhija

Return to General Pregnancy Board