Baby Buddies Pregnancy Group!

Anything pregnancy-related can be discussed here

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, admin_fertilityfan

Re: Baby Buddies Pregnancy Group!

Postby newgirl » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:08 am

Annie - We for most places have to wait until 8-10 weeks too for blood work and u/s and we pay for our insurance and pay co pays on top of it. Out of 9 doctors only 1 did betas right away but no u/s until 8 weeks. I feel like if I'm paying for it they should let me come in sooner if i want. But i had a doctor tell me years ago waiting until 8w "weeds out the bad pregnancies" so in other words they don't want to deal with miscarriages unless its already gone even if it was savable due to imbalanced hormones if caught early enough.
EDD - February 4th 2018
newgirl
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby kjohnell » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:40 pm

Hi Anne! Glad to see you in here ;) Wow 27 weeks!! That's exciting! When did your nausea kick in? I find it weird that I am having zero nausea and aversions. Maybe still too soon? Or possibly one of the lucky 20%ers that don't get morning sickness! Let's hope the latter!

I was definitely holding back from posting on the TTC board. I know all too well how it feels to have pregnancy/baby envy. You can be happy for those that fall pregnant but it still stings just a little.

Bre! Yay! I'm so glad you will get a blood test Monday! You and I will both have some news to report on that day then! Crossing fingers for phenomenal beta #'s for you!

Maggie, I'm with you on the sex drive..womp womp. Waiting for this ravenous sex drive to kick in that I keep reading about. I guess it could go either way - or maybe later like Anne said?

I will say though I feel like this baby is an alien invasion (be it a fantastic one!), but I don't feel much like myself at all.
Me (Kat): 34
DH: 30
TTC #1 since 2/2015
BFP 5/17/17!!!
Confirmed twins 6/5/17!! 8O
EDD: January 23, 2018
kjohnell

Postby twotothreeplease » Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:54 pm

Yes! I feel like there's an alien in my body who is sapping my energy and also making me a crazy person.
Maggie :hb: 26, DH - 29
TTC #1
BFP: 5/21/2017 !
EDD: January 31st, 2018
twotothreeplease
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby newgirl » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:37 am

Kathy- I went for my beta test today and I have to go back Monday after work for the 48 hr draw. So hopefully by Tuesday or Wednesday I'll know something. Also I have no nausea either yet. I didn't have much with my youngest so I keep saying it's normal but it still freaks me out. I keep waiting for blood on the toilet paper every time I go to the bathroom.

Is anyone temping still? Or is it just me? Lol
EDD - February 4th 2018
newgirl
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby kjohnell » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:44 pm

Bre, Nice! You'll be able to confirm that your hcg is doubling and rising like it should! Yah, I just thought nausea and boobs were the biggest pregnancy symptoms/indicators and I don't have that at all!! I'm pretty small chested though. So was my mom and she said she didn't have any breast soreness in the beginning. Fatigue and emotional are my two biggest symptoms. I never started temping the cycle we fell pregnant bc we were on a break from TTC. I've heard it's best to stop though bc it fluctuates so much and doesn't really indicate much.
TTC #1 since 2/2015
BFP 5/17/17!!!
kjohnell

Postby AnJC13 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:27 pm

I had morning sickness 16 DPO so it started really early for me. But I don't think it's usual I read 6-8 weeks is the norm. I was an emotional wreck until about week 9, and so tired. I had trouble with my bosses around these weeks because of the pregnancy, and I cried (I'm not a crier) and had palpitations at night for days. It all went away like magic, though, so the alien invasion will recede.

I had my first prenatal class today, was fun. :)

I also applied the wall decals in the nursery. It's so cute I'll take a pic tomorrow.
AnJC13

Postby twotothreeplease » Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:39 am

Ahhhh! Anne that's so exciting. :)

I'm definitely not temping anymore. I did the other day just because I felt hotter than normal/what my new normal is, but it was the same. My husband is having a rough time with me being so hot. Normally I'm the cold one, and 68 degrees is fine for our house. Now I'm still burning up at that, but he turns the AC down when it gets to there, cause he'll get cold. I swear I turned into the devil the other morning. I woke up and it was 70, and I was sweating. He had blankets all over him and then woke up to say it was 68, so he was cold. I could've killed him I think.
TTC #1
twotothreeplease
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby twotothreeplease » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:21 am

6 weeks today! And morning sickness is DEFINITELY here. I'm really sensitive to smells.... like our work fridge and our trash can at home. This should be fun... hahah!
TTC #1
twotothreeplease
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby kjohnell » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:51 am

One of my vvv early indicators was smells! Gross smells made me sick and nose is pretty much sensitive to all smells even pleasant ones. I can smell things from across the room!!

Anne, post the pic of your nursery!! Excited to see!
TTC #1 since 2/2015
BFP 5/17/17!!!
kjohnell

Postby twotothreeplease » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:10 am

kjohnell wrote:One of my vvv early indicators was smells! Gross smells made me sick and nose is pretty much sensitive to all smells even pleasant ones. I can smell things from across the room!!

Anne, post the pic of your nursery!! Excited to see!

I don't necessarily have issues with good smells, just the bad ones. Haha. I had some sensitivity to bad smells a couple weeks ago, but nothing like what it is now. I almost threw up throwing away coffee grounds into our trash this morning. The coffee grounds weren't bad, it was the trash.
TTC #1
twotothreeplease
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby BeeCee33 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:45 am

:hi: I'm here! Calling to request betas this afternoon when my clinic is open!
Me: (Becca) 31, DH:36

Henry James born 7/27/15
BeeCee33
Addicted
Addicted

Postby twotothreeplease » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:50 am

YAY YAY YAY! So happy you're here, Becca! :) :hb:
TTC #1
twotothreeplease
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby newgirl » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:00 am

I'm hoping to go for my blood work today after work but we're having a lot of car issues so i might have to skip it and i did my first round Saturday and am supposed to go 48 hours after. I'm pretty disappointed that i might miss the 48 hour window and i work late the rest of the week.

I *think* I'm 5 weeks today (by lmp). And i'm not really having symptoms other than heart palpitations and slightly tired still. My boobs feel fine (i'm a DD) and I have no nausea or anything.

I'll stop temping mid next week. I read that if your progesterone is low that your temp will dip so that's what I've been watching for. I'm just trying to make sure it stays up until i pass 6 and a half weeks (that was were my symptoms disappeared and i'm sure when my mc began). Although it didn't get confirmed until 7w5d but i was bleeding for about 7 days on and off and it was getting heavier.
EDD - February 4th 2018
newgirl
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby BeeCee33 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:22 am

Bre, I don't have many symptoms going on either, and that's been really worrying to me. I'm not even sure I'll test today like I had planned- I'm just too scared. With both of my other pregnancies, I've had that tight cramping from the get go, and I haven't felt that since Saturday this time. With my mc it disappeared a few days before I started bleeding, so it's a big worry for me.

My doctor has limited hours because he runs a private clinic, so I have to wait until 12:30 to even call them. That makes me think they may not get back to me until tomorrow. I just want to get my betas done so I can relax a bit.
Last edited by BeeCee33 on Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Henry James born 7/27/15
BeeCee33
Addicted
Addicted

Postby BeeCee33 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:09 am

Ok, I sucked it up and tested. The lines are darker (after a tense few minutes where I was sure there was nothing there. :doh: ) I'll still request betas, but I don't plan on testing again until Friday, just to use my last frer. That will be one week after my bfp and I'll hopefully have beta results by then, so hopefully all will be well and I can ditch the tests and breathe easy!

Henry James born 7/27/15
BeeCee33
Addicted
Addicted

PreviousNext

Return to General Pregnancy Board