Baby Buddies Pregnancy Group!

Anything pregnancy-related can be discussed here

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, admin_fertilityfan

Re: Baby Buddies Pregnancy Group!

Postby twotothreeplease » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:55 am

Bre, I hate alllll of your situation. :( I just hope you get SOMETHING from the doctor's office figured out.

AFM: Already rolling my eyes at people giving their opinion for our gender reveal theme. My husband LOVES football, hence the theme touchdowns or tutus. Boy for touchdown girl for tutus. I had someone comment "girls can be touchdowns too!" Yeah, when they come out of me and can consciously make the decision of what they like don't like great, but for now, when the baby is the size of a beet, it's just the fun of the theme. :roll:

I'm all for gender equality and all of that... but dang, let us have this moment!
Maggie :hb: 26, DH - 29
TTC #1
BFP: 5/21/2017 !
EDD: January 31st, 2018
twotothreeplease
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby newgirl » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:00 am

Maggie I would tell the complainers to not come or bother being around then. What were you supposed to do "We're having a penis and vagina party! What will it be? An inney or an outey?" lol.

The situation is frustrating but theres nothing I can do with any of it. As for my job I know the VP wouldn't do anything since the time I was bounced through 3 different departments very quickly for "company needs" because I was one of the fastest to pick up on using the different systems with no write ups and when I asked for a raise I was told "We'll revisit it at a later time." Which means no and it was close to my yearly too but we aren't guaranteed a yearly raise here. I don't consider it "moving up" like they did if my pay didn't "move up" with me. Thats more like moving across. I got a raise when I got a new job and put my 2 weeks notice in 2 months later. I stayed because they offered me more money than the other place and I've kicked myself since.
EDD - February 4th 2018
newgirl
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby twotothreeplease » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:22 pm

Yeah, it was just a friend, and it's only family invited to the party. So we'll see. But... I'm annoyed.

Does the other company still have an open position?
TTC #1
twotothreeplease
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby AnJC13 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:12 pm

Touchdown or tutus! Fun! (Some people will make girls feel guilty for liking Barbie these days, it's crazy!)

Sry about work Bre, I had a hard time too when I announced, I hope it settles down.

Libby, I'm not sure I understand your question. Yes, the head will get bigger in the next two weeks, but since I'm having a c-section for sure now, it doesn't really change anything. They'll probably make a slightly bigger incision in the uterus to get it out, but it's not like it's abnormally big, it's just too big to be delivered breech safely.

With some luck, the surgery will go smoothly, and there won't be any complications.
I'm scheduled in for the 23rd (39 weeks), but, if I go into labor before then, they'll do it immediately. 15 days to go! :)

I can't wait to meet my little guy! And I'm pretty uncomfortable by now, the head is pushing into my lungs, so I'm sure in a few days I'll be looking forward to the section in a big way.
AnJC13

Postby newgirl » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:34 am

Maggie no this position was back in February I believe and I check the site I applied on every so often and haven't seen anything local come up. Now I wouldn't quit and go somewhere else because I'm pregnant and more likely to not be hired at a new company with them knowing I'm going to need 2 months off soon. Not to mention its rare to get a direct hire (not through a temp agency) and the temp agencies don't allow excessive needs to be off within the 1st 3 months of hire and I have 2 appts next month alone. In PA we don't really have labor laws either unless it's for minors and places can't discriminate but can fire or not hire for any reason and they aren't required to give a reason. Last week we had fleas at work and now this week it smells like sewage. It's really great.

Anne thats exciting you'll be meeting your lil guy soon. Sorry you're uncomfortable, I have no suggestions...maybe take a swim? It makes you feel weightless and takes pressure off your back and hips. I'll be finding out the gender of mine in about a week and a half. We're pretty excited to start buying things.
EDD - February 4th 2018
newgirl
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby twotothreeplease » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:32 am

Bre, I'm so sorry for your job troubles. :( That seriously stinks. No pun intended. But YAY FOR GENDER! <3 <3 <3

Anne, My thoughts are with you! My SIL gets induced on the 19th! We can't wait to meet baby Caroline. :)
TTC #1
twotothreeplease
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby newgirl » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:05 am

Maggie are you excited for your party this weekend? Are you having it at home or somewhere else? Caroline is such a cute name! Good luck to your SIL on a smooth delivery.

Anne - I bet you're counting down to meet baby boy. I remember how I was when I had my induction scheduled with my first.

I HAD to buy something yesterday just to get it out of my system so I bought those white onesies with the mittens that flip over their hands so they can't scratch themselves. I've been waiting so long for a baby (a year a half) to come a long its hard to still have to wait to start prepping for it. By the time baby actually gets here we will have waited 2 years for him/her. Next Saturday is the day and this week is dragging.
EDD - February 4th 2018
newgirl
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby twotothreeplease » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:22 am

newgirl wrote:Maggie are you excited for your party this weekend? Are you having it at home or somewhere else? Caroline is such a cute name! Good luck to your SIL on a smooth delivery.

Anne - I bet you're counting down to meet baby boy. I remember how I was when I had my induction scheduled with my first.

I HAD to buy something yesterday just to get it out of my system so I bought those white onesies with the mittens that flip over their hands so they can't scratch themselves. I've been waiting so long for a baby (a year a half) to come a long its hard to still have to wait to start prepping for it. By the time baby actually gets here we will have waited 2 years for him/her. Next Saturday is the day and this week is dragging.

I'm so excited! Haha. We were supposed to get a banner thing and balloons and pom pom things for decorations yesterday (they were ordered EARLY Monday morning) and found out that they wouldn't ship until next Wednesday, so I had to cancel that order. I wasn't happy about that. We're having it at our house. I cannot wait to share with you ladies! :)

Anne... ALSO cannot wait for your baby boy to make his entrance.
TTC #1
twotothreeplease
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby newgirl » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:56 am

Thats why I love Amazon so much lol. I'm a prime member and i order a lot from there. The onesies I ordered were on back order until next week and i got an email that they'll be here tomorrow. I can't wait to just open them to see how small they are. It's been such a long time since I was around a baby.

Are any of you ladies planning on baby wearing? I'm having such a hard time settling on a good carrier.

I'm also currently out of the pills for morning sickness and so far (knock on wood) I feel ok. I'm hoping I'm out of the woods on that one.
EDD - February 4th 2018
newgirl
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby twotothreeplease » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:09 am

Bre, I have Amazon Prime too! And I made sure it was a prime eligible product! I was mad. Lol. I plan to babywear. I've heard so many great things on Tulas, but they're SO expensive! I hope your morning sickness is over! <3

Only one more day until our party! I can't wait!
TTC #1
twotothreeplease
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby newgirl » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:37 am

Thats surprising that it would take so long if it was a prime item unless it was on back order but even then there would have been something that said back ordered until ____. And I've heard Tulas are very comfortable but I don't like the price or having to buy an extra insert for an infant or that it doesn't offer the front face out option. The Ergo and the Lillebaby offer - front facing in, front facing out, either hip, and the back position. The Lillebaby also goes from 7-45 lbs w/ optional insert but the Ergo is 7-12lb with an insert and then to 33lbs i think. Also they both have a pocket whereas the Tula doesn't (i know this sounds like a dumb thing to be hung up on but its nice to have somewhere to put my phone/money/keys that i can get to quickly). I'm definitely leaning more towards the Lillebaby right now especially because they have the "all seasons" version which has a part thats mesh to allow air flow and we experience all 4 seasons here in PA and its slightly less expensive. I've be googling soooo much because i don't want to waste well over $100 lol.

And have fun at your party! Don't forget about us, we want to know too!
EDD - February 4th 2018
newgirl
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby twotothreeplease » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:47 am

I'll be letting you ladies know that evening! :)
TTC #1
twotothreeplease
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby twotothreeplease » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:42 am

Okay ladies. I've held out as long as I could in letting you know and also I'm going insane with a dilemma... it's possible that I'm a horrible person for this. A little backstory, my cousin in law (hubby's cousin) had announced that they were expecting a baby to come May 2017. Well the day before their gender reveal party, they found out that their baby had died, somewhere at 16 weeks or so. She had to give birth to her baby girl. Now come this May they found out they were expecting their rainbow baby. We didn't know this at the time. So a week before we announced that we were expecting, they announced that they were expecting. Okay, so then we announced that next week. They had their gender reveal party last night. They're having a little boy. We are having a little boy, and we're obviously announcing it to family at the party and doing a FB live thing and Facetiming my mom, who's in Washington tonight.

Ever since we found out that their gender reveal party was the day before ours, I had some anxiety and jealousy. Now that we know they're having a boy, I'm EXTRA anxious, because what if nobody cares about our boy? I know in my heart that I'm being selfish by wanting people to be extra excited about our baby, but also, I feel like (and this is where my terrible person part comes out) they're kinda stealing our thunder? I know babies are a blessing. Especially for them after losing their little girl. But I've been having nightmares and anxiety ALL night that nobody is going to care about us or our baby because "Oh Megan's having a boy too."

Help?

ALSO TLDR YAAAAY WE'RE HAVING A BOY!!!
TTC #1
twotothreeplease
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby newgirl » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:44 am

I think it's normal to be jealous. When I got pregnant with my first my sister found out she was pregnant with her 2nd and she was due about 4 or 5 weeks before me. And my grandmother made a comment "will you BOTH can't have another girl since we just had 3 in a row." Well I had another girl and my sister had a boy. She also had hers early and I went over due. She also got a 2nd baby shower "because they're was no boy stuff to hand me down." Even though she got all gender neutral stuff (even clothes) with her daughter who was barely 2 at the time. Here I am on my 3rd and only had 1 baby shower despite my first 2 were 4 years a part and I didn't keep anything. Who hangs on to stuff like that for 4 years? It takes up so much room. I'm sure I'll only get a shower with this one if it's a boy this time. I do want a girl just because they're so under valued but I'll love either gender. It just make me sad that the boys get so much more attention than the girls. Everyone always wants a boy first. I'm glad my 2nd and this one I was by myself pregnant.

But congrats on your boy.

I went for the 2nd part of the genetic screening today and the last time I was in and out. Today I waited for 2 hours then I realized the lady skipped me after she took the guy next to me and came in 30 minutes after I did. I'm not surprised because stuff like this happens to me all the time. I go unnoticed. But I flipped on the lady who then apologized a million times but it really didn't help because I was livid by then. I could have been out of there a half hour sooner and I was feeling so sick the whole time I was there. I'm going to snap if I have to go back there again.
EDD - February 4th 2018
newgirl
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby twotothreeplease » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:04 pm

Bre, that's AWFUL! I would be livid also.
TTC #1
twotothreeplease
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

PreviousNext

Return to General Pregnancy Board