Baby Buddies Pregnancy Group!

Anything pregnancy-related can be discussed here

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, admin_fertilityfan

Re: Baby Buddies Pregnancy Group!

Postby twotothreeplease » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:52 am

Bre, I agree, pregnancy hormones are the worst. I've been feeling mostly mellow with the occasional anger flare... and crying at sentimental things, but that was normal before.

Our dog threw up on our comforter on Saturday morning when I was napping because she swallowed an inch long piece of a chew stick, and then yesterday with the poo getting stuck in her fur... she's definitely preparing me for motherhood. Phoenix is really lucky she's super cute and the best cuddle buddy. Lol.
Maggie :hb: 26, DH - 29
TTC #1
BFP: 5/21/2017 !
EDD: January 31st, 2018
twotothreeplease
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby newgirl » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:12 pm

I should have gotten a dog before i had my kids lol. I remember my first messy "welcome to motherhood situation" with my oldest. It was about 2am and I heard my 9 month old making this weird gurgling noise through the monitor so I went into her room and I could smell it just outside her door. I walked in to her covered in vomit. It was everywhere so I picked her up because she was still going and put her hips between my knees and held her at an angle so she could puke on the floor...there was no trash can in her room. We both got a bath at about 2:30 in the morning. Striped her bed and wiped down her white crib and thanked the lord crib mattresses are made of rubber. What a mess that was.

I hope your doggy feels better today and no more poo fur lol. My cats typically throw up because they both eat plastic bags and one eats hair ties.
EDD - February 4th 2018
newgirl
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby twotothreeplease » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:58 pm

She's doing well now that we've trimmed the hair around her bum, and we've been supervising her chew stick moments. Lol. I am SO hungry this week.
TTC #1
twotothreeplease
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby newgirl » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:32 am

I wish I was hungry. I'm still on and off sick. Threw up just a few days ago. I'm still trying to have hope that the sickness will go away. My first pregnancy it went away in the 5th or 6th month. It can't last forever.
EDD - February 4th 2018
newgirl
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby twotothreeplease » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:51 am

Ohhh Bre. :( You sound miserable.

We had a baby appointment today! Baby's heartbeat was in the 150s, and the doctor said "you're getting bigger!" which I'll take as a good sign. Lol. We were also cleared to have sex again, as long as I don't bleed after, he said everything should be fine. If I bleed... then we're up a creek.
TTC #1
twotothreeplease
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby kjohnell » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:37 pm

Hi Ladies!!

Sorry I have been MIA! Sister visited for a week and then parents visited for a week. I think they were all just dying to see my bump and help me knock some "to dos" off my list. Sis and I got the registry done - we went with buybuybaby since they have brick and mortar and online presence. Also got the nursery rearranged, I just need to buy a rocking chair and design the room. Also got a promotion today and it could not be better timing!! Gonna need that extra $ for daycare. But the best news is baby B is a boy!!!! So we are having a boy and girl!!!! We are so thrilled!! My uterus is already measuring 20 weeks and doc doesn't think I'll go past 36 weeks. So we will definitely be going to the hospital that is a half hour away because it has a NICU.

I enjoyed reading through everyone's posts!

Congrats Maggie on your boy!!!! Yay!! Touchdowns it is! How did the party go? I know you were worried about your cousin in law stealing your thunder. It can be so frustrating and you def are completely normal for feeling that way. My SIL (my borther's wife) and I got engaged on the same weekend by sheer coincidence and her wedding was months before mine. But I always kind of felt like our wedding was playing second fiddle to their wedding. And so sorry about your Mom - I with you on the smoking thing though. Ugh I cannot stand the smell of it!! And it's even worse when it is that stale stench embedded in the clothes and hair. I struggle being around some co-workers these days.

Anne, how exciting the big day is almost here!!! T minus 5 days!

Libby, glad you're doing well and had a great vacay!! So sorry to hear about your MIL. Ugh she sounds like a witch. Try not to let it stress you out so much as it can be bad for baby. My parents had a similar experience when my mom was pregnant with her first and my grandmother (her mother) did not take an interest at all. My Dad wrote a letter to my grandmother that completely changed the dynamic. I know pen to paper is kind of a retired method of communication but maybe it could work for you as well?

Bre, I hope you get to make your appt!! Please let us know! Do you have Uber in your area??

I'm definitely showing more and more every day. Found some good deals at motherhood maternity. And I couldn't help myself but shop for boy & girl onesies!! I got the ones with the cuff that can go over thier hands as well!

Talk soon xoxo
Me (Kat): 34
DH: 30
TTC #1 since 2/2015
BFP 5/17/17!!!
Confirmed twins 6/5/17!! 8O
EDD: January 23, 2018
kjohnell

Postby newgirl » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:37 am

Kat I guess cheri22 is a crook since either gender she would have been right for you. She was wrong for everything with me. We are having another girl. I can't help but feel sad for dh. He's not disappointed but I know how much he wanted a boy while he raises 2 girls that aren't his. I do find it wrong that Cheri only includes good reviews on her website though. Kind of false advertisement. Id be very hurt if she told me a month and it never happened (even though my month and dates were wrong) and I'm sure it happens all the time. She told me she is 85% right but previously it was like 93% or 95 or something of the sort. I wish I could rob people for a living and be able to sleep at night lol.
EDD - February 4th 2018
newgirl
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby twotothreeplease » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:27 am

Ahhh! Kat that's all fantastic! :) Yay! The party went mostly okay. When DH had kicked the football (like a large easter egg painted with the colored powder in it), it didn't open up, but the force knocked some of the powder out, then DH went running to catch it, but didn't and it fell on the ground and busted. There was a little powder left in one of the sides, so he threw that up in the air. We did get quite a few "Oh another boy" comments... but I don't even CARE! They can SUCK IT!

Bre, Oh my goodness! That sounds awful about Cheri. :( I still think that it'll be different because she will be his, but I know guys are weird.

Anne, I'm thinking about you!!!

AFM, Right now I'm just REALLY tired. I get spurts of energy, which is nice, but besides that, I'm beat. Lol. My SIL, DH's younger sister, had her baby girl Saturday night/Sunday morning! Caroline Kay was born 8/20/2017 at 12:58am. Coincidentally she really wanted to wait to be born on her daddy's birthday! SIL was induced at 9am on the 19th, but was at the hospital at 7am for the original scheduling. So exciting! She's a doll.

Also, so far so good on the relations with husband! Yay!
TTC #1
twotothreeplease
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby newgirl » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:33 am

Is anyone else having weird vivid dreams? I keep dreaming about DH naked...like for this whole past week. And I wake up and I'm like...well did that actually happen? My sex drive is up and down this week but I'm still sick on and off.
EDD - February 4th 2018
newgirl
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby newgirl » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:36 am

Anne I'm thinking of you. Just think in a few days you'll be sitting in your home taking care of a baby and getting into your routine! Good luck and I hope everything goes as smoothly as possible.
EDD - February 4th 2018
newgirl
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby twotothreeplease » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:51 am

newgirl wrote:Is anyone else having weird vivid dreams? I keep dreaming about DH naked...like for this whole past week. And I wake up and I'm like...well did that actually happen? My sex drive is up and down this week but I'm still sick on and off.

Yes. My sex drive is up, by my exhaustion is too. So there's a slim window of fooling around time. Hahaha. I hope your morning sickness calms the heck down soon! My friend who just found out she's having a girl was still really sick and it didn't ease up until around 16 weeks. I sincerely think girls cause more sickness. Probably not a proven fact, but that's what I'm thinking.
TTC #1
twotothreeplease
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby newgirl » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:18 am

I'd have to say old wives tales are old wives tales for a reason and not science. Because I had a "textbook boy old wives tale" pregnancy with my youngest complete with cravings for salt and red meat (this is an iron deficiency) and no acne and next to no morning sickness (I threw up 3 times and was done by 10 weeks). And it was a girl. I haven't thrown up since 15 weeks but the nausea still comes and goes. I've been ok for the last 3 days aside from a little nausea yesterday afternoon.
EDD - February 4th 2018
newgirl
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby twotothreeplease » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:26 am

Oh I'm sure it's the OWT. I just think there should be a study between baby gender vs morning sickness correlation. Haha. I've signed up for the pre-birth classes with DH and I can't wait! Haha. I think it'll be fun, and I love to learn new things, so that's great too.... but if I hear one more person say "just go with it, your body knows what to do!" Sure, my body does, but my brain would like to know what it is and why it's happening.
TTC #1
twotothreeplease
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby newgirl » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:47 am

If you'd really want to bet morning sickness is more likely to be a girl with an that extra 5% more likely to be a girl then I guess...(not really something I'd put money on though). Also Becca mentioned having severe morning sickness (HG back in the earlier pages 3 or 4) and she has a boy. So in my opinion I wouldn't go as far as to say girls are worse with morning sickness. Girls get such a bad rep.

"According to a study conducted in Sweden, pregnant women who were admitted for severe morning sickness had 55 percent chances of giving birth to a girl. But the study focused on women who had a hypermesis gravidarum and its challenging to relate these findings with women who are experiencing normal morning sickness."

None of the other studies gave numbers or percentages and I don't find it credible without that.

https://www.thegenderexperts.com/2016/0 ... rrelation/
EDD - February 4th 2018
newgirl
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby twotothreeplease » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:07 am

Interesting! My SIL had HG with her girl too. It was awful. She was vomiting during labor. The poor woman. I definitely don't think all of the OWT are true. I think they're just there.

How are you feeling today? Any nausea yet?
TTC #1
twotothreeplease
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

PreviousNext

Return to General Pregnancy Board