Baby Buddies Pregnancy Group!

Anything pregnancy-related can be discussed here

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, admin_fertilityfan

Re: Baby Buddies Pregnancy Group!

Postby AnJC13 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:21 am

Hey, girls. The site ate my longer post, grr.
I'm excited for tomorrow!!! I'm packing the last of my things and should be in the hospital for about 3 days. I'll give you news during the weekend probably. Have a great week!
Bre, sorry for the morning sickness. I took some diclectin until 16 weeks (not every day but some days).
Kat, congrats on the promotion and it's so cool you get one of each !!! :D
Maggie, yay for sex with DH! ahah
AnJC13

Postby twotothreeplease » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:40 am

:hb: Thinking of you Anne! :hb:
Maggie :hb: 26, DH - 29
TTC #1
BFP: 5/21/2017 !
EDD: January 31st, 2018
twotothreeplease
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby newgirl » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:13 am

I felt fine yesterday and I'm fine so far today. I'm patiently waiting for the end lol. I have however finally started actually gaining weight which means I'm retaining more than I was loosing. I'm up 2 and a half lbs total (this isn't counting the pound i lost and gained back in the first 8 weeks.)

Anne - I can't wait to hear how you're doing! I'm surprised it's only 3 days for a c section. Good luck!

DH and i started talking about doing a layaway at babys r us for the bigger items because I'm getting anxious that I have nothing. I wanted to buy things here and there but we really don't have room to store large items for 4 or 5 months that aren't in use. And i read you can make payments online which helps because babys r us is an hour away. I doubt I'll get a baby shower now that I'm having "another girl." Not that anyone would get the the bigger and needed things anyway. At my shower for my first 10 years ago all I got was clothes and bottles. She ended up not even wearing half of the clothes because no one really comprehended how big she would be during certain seasons. Like they would buy 0-3 months summer clothes and she was born in January.

And I'm already starting to get stupid comments about having all girls. This is something I expected but it doesn't lessen the anger that pops up after something is said. "Better luck next time." "Oh NO your poor poor DH." "Oh, it would have been nicer if you got something different." "Thats different for you (this was sarcasm)." As if having a healthy baby after a miscarriage is such a burden because its not the god given gender and as if we'd try over and over for a boy. And as if having a baby isn't different enough after not having one for so long. They're all saying this and I keep picturing after I found out it was a girl - I went to Walmart and there was a boy laying on the floor screaming in the check out while his sister sat in the cart completely content.
EDD - February 4th 2018
newgirl
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby twotothreeplease » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:23 am

Hahaha! Girls do get a bad wrap, but boys are the real hellions! I'm glad you're feeling a little better so far! :)
TTC #1
twotothreeplease
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby newgirl » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:31 pm

It's funny though that most people I've talked to that had both genders said their girls were much easier. This includes a lady across the street who had 4 girls and 1 boy. Everyone acts like i picked the genders on purpose or that I'm not reacting the way I should be because I have no boy.

Currently I'm having a typical reaction to what i think is a spider bite and my doctor doesn't open until 5:30 and the pharmacy is open until 6 and takes 45 mins to fill prescriptions. So if i go tonight I still can't get antibiotics until tomorrow night after work. I'm feeling like it's pointless to go to the doctor today and just go tomorrow.
Attachments
bite2.png
bite2.png (125.76 KiB) Viewed 406 times
EDD - February 4th 2018
newgirl
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby twotothreeplease » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:19 pm

Oh my goodness! I hope you get some meds for that asap!
TTC #1
twotothreeplease
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby newgirl » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:04 am

I didn't make it to the doctor because they didn't open until 5:30 and had no appointments and I forgot DH signed up for overtime and left at 6:30 so I had no one to watch the kids while I went anyway. They couldn't even get me in today without doubling an appointment with someone else and I'm not about to sit in the waiting room for an hour and a half like last time they did that. I'm keeping an eye on it and waiting. It would be nice if it wasn't right on my wrist though because I keep bumping it and it hurts like a bruise.
EDD - February 4th 2018
newgirl
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby twotothreeplease » Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:29 am

:( Booooo! Are you just super allergic to spider bites?
TTC #1
twotothreeplease
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby newgirl » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:53 am

I'm just super allergic to a lot of things lol. Bad genetics I guess, I have really sensitive skin. I have a reaction to all bites just spiders and bees are my worst. I took some benadryl and its gone down quite a bit so I'll just do that a keep an eye on it.

I also ordered my baby carrier. I got a new in the box lillebaby 360 all seasons carrier off of ebay for $100. I can't wait to get it in the mail. And I bought a sweatshirt that you can put baby in like a kangaroo pouch but I think I'm going to cut the lining out so I can wear the sweatshirt over the baby carrier.
Sweatshirt looks like this but i got it from a different site. http://www.rosegal.com/sweatshirts-hood ... gJ_SvD_BwE

The carrier I got http://shop.tokidoki.it/tokidoki-x-lill ... uoise.html
EDD - February 4th 2018
newgirl
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby twotothreeplease » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:46 am

Ahh! I can't wait to start buying/register for stuff! It's going to be so fun. :)

I took some time on Saturday to pull some weeds and ivy in our side yard and OH MY GOODNESS my hamstrings are killing me. If I would've known this would've been such a pain I would've stretched before in the very least. :rofl:
TTC #1
twotothreeplease
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby AnJC13 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:55 am

Hi girls!

I'm dropping in quick to say everything went well. I'm pleasantly surprised to say the c-section wasn't bad at all. I got to keep him skin to skin the whole time and the scar is healing well.

I'm in love! Sorry for the upside down picture I can't make it work.

His name is Simon and he was born at 8:50 am weighing 8lbs 6oz. He lost about 9% of his weight the first 2 days but he's been gaining the expected 30grams per day since. Breastfeeding is going well. I had a few setbacks (I'm so happy I bought this amazing nipple cream and brought it with me to the hospital) and I had my milk come in yesterday, but all in all, I feel great and I have a very good baby!

Sorry about the bite Bre looks really painful! I can't believe people make such a big deal of having girls. I don't know if it's a thing in the US, but here where I am people don't give a damn about gender. I want to buy the same carrier, but my hubby missed the special on Amazon last week (even though I told him to order it 6 times that day). I'll wait another week in case but after that, I'm ordering it full price I don't care lol!
Attachments
IMG_1944.JPG
IMG_1944.JPG (78.92 KiB) Viewed 341 times
IMG_1943.JPG
IMG_1943.JPG (92.94 KiB) Viewed 341 times
AnJC13

Postby twotothreeplease » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:21 am

Simon is PRECIOUS! Congratulations, momma! <3
TTC #1
twotothreeplease
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby newgirl » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:58 am

Anne how precious! Congrats! And I'm glad your delivery went smoothly. I was just logging in to see if you updated yet. I got my carrier off of Ebay because that one was sold out everywhere I looked and it was the pattern I wanted. I wanted the pink one with the unicorns and cats but DH said he wouldn't wear it so i chose that one lol.

My family seems very fixated on boys and it grinds my gears like nothing else. My grandparents had 4 children 2 girls and 2 boys. Now they have 8 grandchildren - 6 girls and 2 boys and they have 6 great grandchildren 4 girls and 2 boys (this is counting my newest). However my cousin had a stillborn that was a boy about 8 years ago (he had a ton of genetic defects and wouldn't have survived outside of the womb). They should just be happy someone is having a baby. No one has had a baby in my family since I had my youngest, who will be 6 in December and no one else wants kids so there will be no more babies in my family until the next generation starts having kids (the oldest is only 12 so it'll be a while) or someone has an accident. The gender disappointment does seem to have settled a bit in the family but I haven't talked to anyone too much since the scan.

Maggie - i know how you feel, i pulled a calf muscle 2 weeks ago and had trouble walking up and down stairs for about 4 days. And I did it in bed stretching.
EDD - February 4th 2018
newgirl
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby twotothreeplease » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:27 am

LOL Bre! I was in bed cuddling DH last night and went to get up to pee.... I had the pregnancy pillow obstacle course to go through and I just think it's so funny how almost halfway through things are already starting to get harder to do... Try not to dwell on the great gender debate. <3

I facetimed my mom on Saturday and showed her the bump... her comment? "Are you sure it's not twins?!" I'm literally not that big. I've gained about 6 pounds so far. It really ticks me off because if I wear a flowy shirt, or shoot, even today I'm wearing a sweater that I got pre-pregnancy, and you can't even tell there's a belly there! Ugh!
TTC #1
twotothreeplease
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby LibbyMac » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:04 am

Oh my Goodness Anne look at hime!!!

Welcome to the world Simon, you are just the cutest!

Congratulations Anne that is really super news, so so happy for you xxx

Hi EOE, how is everyone doing?

xxx
LibbyMac

PreviousNext

Return to General Pregnancy Board