Baby Buddies Pregnancy Group!

Anything pregnancy-related can be discussed here

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, admin_fertilityfan

Re: Baby Buddies Pregnancy Group!

Postby twotothreeplease » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:35 am

Hi Libby! :)

I think I'm getting a cold or my allergies are just really acting up. I watched my 3 year old niece overnight on Saturday, and she woke up a lot, then decided she was up for the day at 4:30am. Sunday was rough, I took 2 naps. Yesterday I was just very tired and worn out, my body sort of ached, had a headache, and had congestion issues all day. I went to bed just before 9pm. It was glorious. Today so far I'm just sneezy/congested, so hopefully I get it cleared away. I already take extra Vitamin C from back when I had that cervix bleeding issue, so idk. I'm planning on just resting a lot when I'm not at work. Apparently my niece had a fever Friday night, which would've been good to know before I agreed to watch her.
Maggie :hb: 26, DH - 29
TTC #1
BFP: 5/21/2017 !
EDD: January 31st, 2018
twotothreeplease
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby newgirl » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:38 am

Maggie I haven't really gained any weight aside from 2 lbs so far but my stomach is rounded so depending on what i wear you can easily tell I'm pregnant but most of my shirts still fit. I'm really only in maternity pants and today I'm wearing leggings and a long tunic. And if I were you I wouldn't show your mom anything lol. Also I got the "Are you sure it's not twins" comments with my first and it was annoying. I was about 120 lbs and had a ton of fluid retention so I gained about 45 lbs and lost 25 lbs just giving birth. Anything that could swell did - my face, my feet, my hands, my ankles. But I'm sure it didn't help that there was a set of twins born on both sides (mine uncle had identical girls and my ex's brother had identical boys) the year before i had my oldest.

Libby how far are you now? I believe you're the next to have your baby, if I remember correctly. Are you still team green? I'm sure delivery will be extra fun to find out what baby is. I wish I could do it but I have no patience.
EDD - February 4th 2018
newgirl
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby twotothreeplease » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:30 am

Yeah, I've decided it's not worth the trouble to send her anything anymore, Bre. She just upsets me every time. I'm with you, I wish I could hold out, but I totally get that it's not happening. Lol.
TTC #1
twotothreeplease
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby AnJC13 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:25 am

Thanks Libby! :)
You're next! how far along are you now? Do you have any acid reflux? I think you're around the time mine started, but I had a big breech baby, so that might explain it.

The doctor asked me what I wanted for contraception... contraception is literally the farthest thing from my mind right now lol, but I have to decide before 4 weeks post baby, because I can't have a "whoops" pregnancy (she told me at least 18 months between babies, ideally 2 years). It's between the small pill, the mirena, and I'm adding in the good old-fashioned condoms, especially for the time I'm exclusively breastfeeding. Lot to think about. I know my friends swear by the Mirena, but I kind of hate the idea of putting something in m uterus (it's silly, I know). Any thoughts?
AnJC13

Postby twotothreeplease » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:29 am

AnJC13 wrote:Thanks Libby! :)
You're next! how far along are you now? Do you have any acid reflux? I think you're around the time mine started, but I had a big breech baby, so that might explain it.

The doctor asked me what I wanted for contraception... contraception is literally the farthest thing from my mind right now lol, but I have to decide before 4 weeks post baby, because I can't have a "whoops" pregnancy (she told me at least 18 months between babies, ideally 2 years). It's between the small pill, the mirena, and I'm adding in the good old-fashioned condoms, especially for the time I'm exclusively breastfeeding. Lot to think about. I know my friends swear by the Mirena, but I kind of hate the idea of putting something in m uterus (it's silly, I know). Any thoughts?

It's still putting something in your vagina, but, I loved the Nuvaring. I plan to go back to it post birth between babies.
TTC #1
twotothreeplease
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby newgirl » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:18 pm

Anne-It's common for doctors to ask which kind of birth control you'll be using so early. I guess they're trying to avoid the amount of back to back births. But I don't blame you about the mirena. I don't like the idea of having medication I don't have the option to stop without paying a ton of money and arguing with a doctor. My sister had one put in her arm (implanon or something) and wanted it taken out before her 3 years was up because she was having issues with it (it stopped working and she was having periods that sent her to the hospital every month) and they told her she had to pay $800 to do it because her insurance would only pay for removal at 3 years and her condition was "non life threatening." I also don't react well to medications so I'll probably be using condoms. I haven't been on birth control for over 6 years. I don't think the nuvaring is safe to breastfeed with though.
EDD - February 4th 2018
newgirl
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby twotothreeplease » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:12 pm

Oh crap. I didn't know about that Bre, that's good to know. Maybe I'll just go with condoms then. Ha!
TTC #1
twotothreeplease
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby LibbyMac » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:11 am

Hi guys!

Am I really next? Oh wow thats so exciting! 26 weeks today, EDD Dec 6th so lets see how we get on!

Feeling good overall, no acid reflux or heartburn yet thank goodness but I do get quite burp-y after I eat, i should probably just start eating smaller portions right?

Right now my only problem is restless legs at night - it's tough, I can't even describe the feeling, most of all it feels like having a dead leg, thats probably the best I can do, but I have to say Hubby is being SO good and gives me massages on my calves every night when I lie down and last night he even woke up to rub them for me because I was having such a hard time

Still soldiering on not knowing the sex, some days it's easy, some days it's hard when I see adorable things in pink or blue and i wish i could buy one or the other, but I have to keep holding on to my willpower!

Ok... so now it's time for an overshare - anyone who does want to talk va-jay-jay's please stop reading NOW!

I've always been pretty small...down there, as far as I can tell! I use regular sized tampon's, I went for my Smear test and the nurse commented that she needed to use the small sized speculum, Hubby and I have been together for 10 year, we started dating when I was 20 and he has commented a lot in the past that sleeping with me feels great because I'm quite tight (sorry!!!)

But the last two weeks, sex has been almost impossible because... well to put it bluntly... he can't get in! It's like I've closed for business down there! Now, there's tight and there is TIGHT and even though we're using tons of lube it's still incredibly tight and really painful for me

I googled it because I was curious and I found one or two threads where women said the same thing has happened to them and apparently it's due to things like if you're carrying your bump all in front there's pressure on the vagina, if you were slender before you got pregnant, the fact that you're more vascular in general - essentially it's like an internal swelling that generally makes sex hard

Anyone have any sort of experience on this? (please say yes! please don't let me be a freak!)

I'm just kind of wondering will it settle down or what I should expect, at this stage I'm thinking how am I going to push this baby out???

xxx
LibbyMac

Postby twotothreeplease » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:40 am

Libby- Yes you're next! Weee! That is SO sweet that your hubby does that for you! As for the vagine issues, I'm with you there. My OB used a regular (I guess) speculum the last time I was in for a pap and it felt HORRIBLE. Then two days later when I had to go back in for more silver nitrate, the nurse practitioner tried to use a regular, looked down, and said "Oh this won't fit, I need the small one." Hahaha! So far I haven't had business time issues, but we shall see. We've just got back into the swing of things for that.
TTC #1
twotothreeplease
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby newgirl » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:36 am

Libby-I've never heard of the swelling being a thing for pregnancy but I wouldn't doubt it with all the hormones and everything going on in your body. Vaginas are made to be elastic (so they can stretch for birth although its never the same after the baby comes through it) so I'm sure it's not like a disappearing hole lol, although I wouldn't be surprised after watching that documentary on the lady with 2 vaginas and 2 uteruses that got pregnant in both 3 weeks apart and didn't know she had 2 until the u/s. The human race is amazing lol. When I first started reading i thought it was a lube issue but you said you tried that. I've had lubricating issues since I've had my oldest and since I got pregnant its like the desert.

Maggie-Birth control options are very limited while breastfeeding because of passing the hormones onto the baby through your milk. I believe the mini pill is the most commonly used bc while breastfeeding.

We had sex the other night and DH was touching my boobs and starts to move his mouth down and he's like "Wait a minute...I'm not gonna get any milk in my mouth am i?" I almost lost it. I didn't leak with my first until 7 or 8 months and never leaked with my 2nd (my milk never came in with my 2nd)
EDD - February 4th 2018
newgirl
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby twotothreeplease » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:37 pm

Okay ladies. I just found out that our maternity leave here at work is 4 weeks for vaginal birth, 6 weeks for c section, and with a doctor's note, you MAY be approved for 12 weeks off. But that's a case by case basis... Sooo who wants to brainstorm how I can be a stay at home mom and afford it with me?
TTC #1
twotothreeplease
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby AnJC13 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:36 pm

Libby I feel you on the restless legs, mine got better near the end weirdly but hubby had to massage me to sleep every night if I hoped to close an eye. It's super annoying.

Maggie 4 weeks OMG! I can't imagine that. I thought you at least got 12 weeks. Can you afford to take time off/find another job after you stay home? Is daycare expensive in the US?
AnJC13

Postby twotothreeplease » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:44 pm

There's no way I could stay home unfortunately. Daycare is $135 a week for where we'll be taking baby. I don't understand it, because our FMLA policy covers maternity, which is 12 weeks. My doctor is really lenient, so I'm sure I can get a letter saying he won't release me to work for 12 weeks, but I don't know if my boss would like that. Idk. I'm struggling today.
TTC #1
twotothreeplease
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby newgirl » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:53 am

Anne unfortunately the US is very very behind when it comes to maternity leave. There is no law requiring any maternity leave at all just one that says your place of employment has to hold your job for 12 weeks (unpaid) after having a baby and after that they can terminate you. I get 6 weeks at 65% of my pay for a vaginal birth and 8 weeks for a cesection but I'll have a vaginal delivery most likely as my first 2 were. And I pay for this policy through my work. If I didn't choose to have it and pay for it, I would get no paid leave.

Maggie I hear you on the cost of daycare. Ours is $150 a week so $600 a month and I'm only a secretary so I only make a little over that after taxes every TWO WEEKS. So if I go back to work I'll work for half a month just to pay for daycare. We're discussing our options so we can make it feasible for me to stay home. Currently I'm trying to get our credit cards paid to date and we have 3 cars so we're getting rid of one in the near future. It also helps that the baby is due just before income tax season so we'll have some money to put away.
EDD - February 4th 2018
newgirl
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby twotothreeplease » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:32 am

Yeah, I was looking at our budget last night and it would be hard, but we could do it. The only debt we have is my car, my student loans, and our mortgage. So we're lucky in that aspect. I bring home $685 every two weeks as well. $50 goes to our joint savings and $115 goes to our car insurance savings account because we pay it every 6 months.

I think the biggest thing is my husband is terrified that if he were to lose his job, we would be up a creek. Which, is true, but I mean, that could happen to either of us now! I was looking at our spending for this month and we spent over $900 on food. ALMOST $1000 ON FOOD! Blew my mind. $500 was from the grocery store and $400 was eating out alone. It's crazy. He says "Oh that's no big deal" and I'm losing my shit because $400 could have gone to paying down my student loans or our car payment. It's insane.
TTC #1
twotothreeplease
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

PreviousNext

Return to General Pregnancy Board