Baby Buddies Pregnancy Group!

Anything pregnancy-related can be discussed here

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, admin_fertilityfan

Re: Baby Buddies Pregnancy Group!

Postby newgirl » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:40 am

I make a little over 700 every 2 weeks. But we definitely don't spend that much on food. We spend average $500 and thats including eating out, which we only do once a week. I'm not sure how much DH spends on lunch though because I'm sure he spends a nice chunk on it. We also don't have a mortgage because we're still working on our credits. My ex husband and my mom ruined mine quite a bit. Those things for the most part have fallen off but then I was starting at at 520 a few years ago. Its risen a lot but still not where it needs to be to buy a home. DH's brother is staying with us and I think he may be staying longer term than the previously discussed 2 months so that could work to our benefit if he does.
EDD - February 4th 2018
newgirl
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby AnJC13 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:48 am

Yes. Food is a big black hole of money for us too. We switched to amazon delivery on a lot of things to try and bring it down (our local grocery store is super small so no bulk prices there). As for eating out, I bet you won't want to go with a small baby, so you'll have to cook. lol
I froze a bunch of lasagnas/other dishes a few weeks ago to resist sending hubby out for take-out.
I'm so sorry the US sucks so much at mat leave.
DH gets 5 weeks off (he could have gotten some of mine but with his job, it made more sense for me to take all the shareable time), but he only took 2 for now. He's going back on Wednesday. He's keeping 2 for this winter so we can go on a vacation and another one whenever baby or I have the flu or something. He has 1 year to take it all.
AnJC13

Postby twotothreeplease » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:42 am

Bre, Credit is freaking hard. That's for sure. Good luck! We're definitely going to be doing an overhaul. It'll be easier when soup season comes back because I can make a giant crockpot of soup and we'll eat it for multiple days in a row. :) Also, I can't wait for chili again... and beef stew.... and chicken and dumplings. Mmmmm.

Anne, Sounds like you two have a solid plan!
Maggie :hb: 26, DH - 29
TTC #1
BFP: 5/21/2017 !
EDD: January 31st, 2018
twotothreeplease
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby AnJC13 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:47 pm

Mmmmm. Soup season. I do that too!
My nipples are finally healing, but I'm paranoid at every feeding that he'll latch badly again. I watch him like a hawk. They didn't bleed a lot but there was a lot of skin missing. I ended up pumping my right breast for 24hrs to give it a break, and I think it worked. I keep my fingers crossed cause the pain was fierce. Also, he either feeds really fast, or I don't know what is going on cause he feeds max 7-8 minutes per breasts (and that's WITH stimulation). But he comes off looking like he ate like a king and he drifts off to sleep for at least 30 min afterward so he must really be full. He wets at least 8 diapers a day, but I can't wait to get him weighed on Monday to see if he's gaining the appropriate weight.
I'm usually super laid back but not when it comes to him LOL.
AnJC13

Postby ACS21 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:02 am

Love seeing everyone's updates!! I'm pretty quiet on here just due to being so busy with school, but I wanted to butt in to claim the next due date spot, lol!!! I'm 32w2d today- due 10/26/17. Libby, you ar close behind me!! Had a beautiful shower two weeks ago, and we're getting ready to install the car seat and put the finishing touches on everything. I'm so ready to meet Baby!! Hope everyone else is doing wonderfully!! Hugs to all :)
ACS21
Friend

Postby twotothreeplease » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:30 am

Ahhh! This is so exciting! <3
TTC #1
twotothreeplease
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby newgirl » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:13 am

ACS21 were you from the other group? What was your name I don't remember. I thought it was Anne making a different screen name lol.

Anne-thats great DH gets some time off too. My DH only gets 2 or 3 days which is more than most get here. My ex only got whatever he had saved from vacation.

We don't eat out too much, its more ordering delivery. But it is hard to go out with kids. I can attest to the that lol.

Maggie-Yea credit sucks. I can pay my bills on time for 10 years and it'll go up 2 points but I miss a payment by 2 days and its drops 15 points lol. I never miss payments though, only once and it was missed by a day so I had the late fee waived. We just want to buy a house soon since ours really isn't big enough for another kid. There is literally no where in the living room to even put a swing or anything other than the couch and tv that are in there. And our kitchen isn't any better - the kitchen table has to be pushed up against the wall when not in use because the room isn't big enough to leave it centered. Plus our neighbors are absolute nightmares. One neighbor has 6 kids ranging from 7-17 years old and its only the dad and hes not always home so the kids are always banging on everything and the neighbors on the other side have 5 kids 1-8 years old and their one baby is always outside by himself and filthy. I'm hoping since I flipped out on the dad on Friday and yesterday about taking responsibility and putting locks where the kid can't get out that it helps but I doubt it, hes been outside unattended about 5-6 times in the past few months that we found him and hes about 3. And don't even get me started on the lack of parking lol.

I've had a cold/virus now for the past 3 days so my whole weekend was ruined along with both of my kids but we did go to babys r us and got a travel system and pack and play.
EDD - February 4th 2018
newgirl
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby ACS21 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:11 am

[quote="newgirl"]ACS21 were you from the other group? What was your name I don't remember. I thought it was Anne making a different screen name lol.

Yes ma'am! I think I had the same screen name. My name is Amy, not Anne ;)
ACS21
Friend

Postby twotothreeplease » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:51 am

Welcome back Amy! :)

Y'all. This weekend (Thursday through Sunday) I had a girlfriend's bachelorette party in Gatlinburg, TN. Let me tell you, 5 hours in the car driving is rough, but the full 9 hours back was AWFUL on Sunday. My back is killing me from all of this (stress trigger points) and I am so happy to be back in my own bed/couch. DH said he could hear me snore/heavy breathing while he was watching football last night and I was exactly the same this morning. Lol. I don't think I woke up at all. It was glorious. It was a very fun weekend, but being a DD for 3 almost 4 days is not.
TTC #1
twotothreeplease
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby newgirl » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:07 am

Amy-That explains why I thought Anne's name was Amy for a little bit. Lol. But welcome back. When are you due?

Maggie-At least you slept good? BIL, DH and I went to the bar over the weekend. I had a tea and got to drive home so I feel your pain. But I'm sure you made some great memories that you might be the only one to remember haha. I can't believe we are half way through! I'm 19 weeks today and you're about a week a head of me.

I feel kind of bad that my mom wants to throw me a baby shower and the rest of my family seems to have gone ahead and started planning without her. Shes hard to get along with sometimes but I know what it's like to be left out of an event since my cousin (whos my age and we grew up together) got married last year and excluded me from the wedding plans so I decided not to attend her wedding and we really haven't spoken since.
EDD - February 4th 2018
newgirl
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby twotothreeplease » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:15 am

I know, Bre! I'm so thankful for my bed. Hahaha. I feel like our pregnancy is going so fast, but so slow at the same time! Ahh! I'll be 20 weeks on Wednesday. I wonder if that will change with the sonogram on Thursday though. We shall see. That does stink about your mom. :( Maybe you and her could have a lunch together where you go and look at baby registry things?
TTC #1
twotothreeplease
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby newgirl » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:30 am

My family really doesn't go off a registry. They just get whatever. I did make a registry but it's more for me then anyone else. I buy things here and there when I get paid. I guess the nice thing of my shower being so early is I'll still have plenty of time to get what I still need. I'm hearing the shower will be next month because nov-jan is so busy with holidays and there are 3 kids birthdays (2 being my kids).

And yes it is going fast and slow at the same time. Someone at work was like "Geez it seems like you've been pregnant forever" I said..."you've known for a month and a half" (it was a week or so ago she said this). So she says " well i guess its because you told us so early" I said "I told you at the very end of the first trimester." Then she just sat there and stared at me. Shes such a flake.I think there a bit of jealousy since shes told me multiple times she wanted another kid but her husband only wanted one.

I wonder how Anne is doing with her new baby
EDD - February 4th 2018
newgirl
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby twotothreeplease » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:03 am

Ugh! Bre, I hate coworkers like that! Yesterday I got "oh you're looking so big! Not much longer now." "uhhh yeah, I'm 20 weeks on Wednesday. I'm only halfway." *crickets* Lol. Yeah, I just made a FB event as a save the date type of deal since my shower is December 10th. I wanted it to be in early November to not be around the holidays, but my SIL who is throwing it has something going on or whatever.

How is everyone else?
TTC #1
twotothreeplease
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby AnJC13 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:56 pm

Amy: nice to know you're still with us!
Bre and Maggie: halfway there! Nice!

I can't stay long, my LO is requesting the breast again. Lol. He cluster feeds in the evenings and I think we've hit a growth spur. He has more " calm and awake" moments since 2-3 day, so it's a nice change from the "eat, poop, sleep" routine. We're in love and take so much pictures is ridiculous. My scar is great really and I'm still careful (doctor's orders) but really I feel 100%. I take daily walks with him in the stroller and he loves it. I'll be back when he's not so hungry. :)
AnJC13

Postby newgirl » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:58 am

Anne- That's great that hes doing so well and you're feeling good too! I'm glad hes feeding well too. I bet it feels like all you do is feed him right now lol. That'll pass as he grows.

Maggie - Shes definitely "that" coworker for me. Shes made the "Omg look at how huge you are" back when I was like 13 weeks or so. Now mind you I have only gained 2 lbs so far so that is a bit of an insult coming from before i gained anything, I know I'm not thin but still. She likes to brag about how she only gained what the doctor said and how she can get pregnant anytime because she uses no preventative measures...shes in her mid 40's and her son is 17. While I don't doubt she might be able to get pregnant, I know the change is coming for her soon. My mom started hers in her mid to late 40's.

My 20 week scan is next week so I get to see my baby. It's sad though because it may be the last time I see her until delivery.
EDD - February 4th 2018
newgirl
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

PreviousNext

Return to General Pregnancy Board