Baby Buddies Pregnancy Group!

Anything pregnancy-related can be discussed here

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, admin_fertilityfan

Re: Baby Buddies Pregnancy Group!

Postby newgirl » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:11 pm

Veronica - Have you tested today? Or did I miss the picture? I also had a reading by Cheri a few weeks ago and I'm not sure what to think of it. She said June I would conceive, find out, or give birth and she was delayed a day or 2 so she ended up doing my reading the day before i tested so I was already pregnant. Which was May 27th so she was like 4 days off from June but she said specifically June 9, 10, 11, 12 and there's not much going on this week for me. She told me mine would be a boy so we'll see if baby sticks if she was right.

p.s. - my name is Bre
EDD - February 4th 2018
newgirl
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby BeeCee33 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:25 pm

Maggie, I LOVE my doctor and nurse. I had a different OB at the she clinic last pregnancy, but she was out if town when I went into labor. My current doctor was on call, so he's The one who was actually there for Henry's birth. I had been in hard labor for 36 hours and pushing for 4 hours (on pitocin, so I had maybe 5-10 seconds between contractions) and Henry was stuck sideways. This doc tried SO hard to help get him here vaginally, even when I was ready to give up. In the end, I did have an emergency c-section, where it took 8 minutes (normally it's about 30 seconds) and two incisions (like a "T", hence the reason I have no choice but to have another c-section before 38 weeks) to get Henry out. This doc was ON the operating table, his elbow on my sternum for leverage, pulling on him while a second doc pushed up from the "other exit". That's how stuck that kid was in there! The hours of pushing had wedged him in that hard. (Turns out I'm one of those super rare people that is anatomically unable to have a baby naturally. I wondered, since my sister is the same way, not they never looked into it before birth!) Anyway, my doctor was so good about visiting us whenever he had a chance that first week (Henry had to stay in the hospital) and he has the best bedside manner. If I didn't love him so much, of go to another clinic with better hours!

Veronica, I have my nurse's appointment tomorrow morning and I'm going to ask if I can get in earlier. When I scheduled my appointments, I just talked to the receptionist, so she gave me the soonest available slot for new pregnancies. There have to be other appointments available for things that are more time sensitive, so I'm hoping they'll be able to get me in more quickly.

As a side note, I got out of the house today and hung out with my sister in law. I didn't tell her I was pregnant (I always let things slip when I'm around her) so we just talked about other things. It was a nice change of pace to talk about subjects other than pregnancy lol. And when I got home from all that walking around and chatting Henry from the park, I'm a little crampy and a lot tired. So I feel pregnant at the moment. :)
Me: (Becca) 31, DH:36

Henry James born 7/27/15
BeeCee33
Addicted
Addicted

Postby kjohnell » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:12 pm

Veronica, thank you so much for your kinds words! I know twins is not for everyone but I'm up for the challenge!! I just think about matching onesies and get the warm and fuzzies!! I CAN DO THIS! Ha!

Bre, I had a Cheri22 reading as well! She said April for me and we conceived very early May. So I'd say she's pretty damn close most the time. She also said I would have a girl (no mention of two of course!) ;) And your first draw looks great! I think mine was only 500 around that time.

Becca, so glad you're starting to feel preggers!!! I know how you feel though. I still worry also! And my doctor, whom I adore, was so careful not to label baby 1 and baby 2 because he mentioned vanishing twin syndrome. He says that it happens to every 1 in 4 multifetal pregnancies :( And the uterus just absorbs the second baby. Follow up ultrasounds just show a disappearing gestational sac! So sad! So I'm definitely scared and will remain that way until the 12 week mark where he says that risk drops almost to 0% chance. Definitely holding my breath until then!!

I can only see my RE until 10 weeks though and then I have to see OB whom I have not locked in yet. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to find a good one?
Me (Kat): 34
DH: 30
TTC #1 since 2/2015
BFP 5/17/17!!!
Confirmed twins 6/5/17!! 8O
EDD: January 23, 2018
kjohnell

Postby SEL » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:45 pm

I've come to stalk you all lol and say a massive congrats to Kat regarding the twins. You've got this! You can do it.

I'll pop in and out on here and read along if I may to see how you all are going as I appreciate that perhaps some ladies on the other side might find it awkward about hearing about your pregnancies (I don't at all btw but you never know if someone may harbor resentment or weirdness lol).

xx
SEL
Friend

Postby BeeCee33 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:51 pm

Hey Simone! Yeah, I won't post much about my own day to day stuff there for that very reason. There were certain cycles that got me really down and it was kind of depressing when the bfp's came rolling in for everyone else, and i don't to make it any harder on anyone who having a rough time. Stalk away!

Henry James born 7/27/15
BeeCee33
Addicted
Addicted

Postby twotothreeplease » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:24 am

Becca, That's awesome. I've switched from my current obgyn to who my two SILs are using. They say he's great, and his nursing staff is amazing. With my other doctor, it always felt like he didn't respect my opinion, or thought my questions were stupid. So, I'm very hopeful.

Veronica, I can't wait to hear more from you!

Bre, and Kat, I think that's crazy about Cheri. I almost looked her up this cycle, and then I got the BFP. ;)

Simone, Great to hear from you! Stalk away! Yes, that's why I started this one, because I knew I'd be jealous seeing other BFPs out there.

AFM: morning sickness has officially turned into all day sickness. :( I've ordered one of those sea bands that uses acupressure to help with the sickness and I hope it helps. I've also brought chewable tums to work, and I'm wishing I had stopped by CFA for a diet lemonade. It seems that tangy citrus things help me a lot. I got those preggie pop drops, which help a little, but I can't stomach the apple or raspberry flavors, only the citrus. Haha.
Maggie :hb: 26, DH - 29
TTC #1
BFP: 5/21/2017 !
EDD: January 31st, 2018
twotothreeplease
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby newgirl » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:37 am

Maggie-I only looked up Cheri for fun. I really don't believe in stuff like that too much but i'd say shes pretty accurate. For me she was 4 days off on the Month. And boy or girl i'll be happy with a healthy baby.

Becca-thats great you love your doctor so much. I'm using a new one this pregnancy because a new practice changed my last one so much I don't like it. They wouldn't do blood work until after 8w and then wanted an u/s at 9w and if i wanted everything done together i would have had to wait until after 12w. That's unacceptable to me. Hopefully my new doctor is ok. I haven't met him yet.

Kat-I'd write down some questions you'd like to ask the doctors and then give them a call and go from there. I called 9 places and some of them were rude or put me on hold too long (if they don't have time for a phone call they don't have time to care for me). Plus there's 3 hospitals all 1 hour away so i had to ask which one they used. Also Oyster crackers helped my morning sickness with my first (like soup crackers).

Hi Simone :)

As for me I dry heaved last night. I really thought i was going to puke. It hit so suddenly. I've never gotten so sick so early before.
EDD - February 4th 2018
newgirl
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby twotothreeplease » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:00 am

Bre, I might need to try oyster crackers. My mom, when she was here, got me saltines and all I can say is I HATE them. How far along are you now?

I somehow lucked out. My doctor is doing bloodwork and the U/S at 8 weeks. (Ahhhh 12 days away I can't wait!!!)
Maggie :hb: 26, DH - 29
TTC #1
BFP: 5/21/2017 !
EDD: January 31st, 2018
twotothreeplease
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby BeeCee33 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:15 am

Aw Maggie, I'm jealous! I'm crushing my fingers they can find a slot for me to get my US done sooner!

So I had my first appointment today, just with a nurse. She went over a lot of things, but I know caffeine was mentioned here. She told me that if I can swing it, to just avoid caffeine all together for the first trimester, as there is an increased rate of miscarriage related to caffeine consumption. I don't drink caffeine (unless it's in a soda with fast food on occasion) so I haven't looked much into it, and I know some doctors say a small amount is ok, but just thought I'd share!

It looks like we won't find it the gender early, as insurance does not usually cover the Harmony test and it can cost upwards of $3,000 in some cases! So we'll wait until the anatomy scan at 20 weeks to find that out.

I wish I could fast forward. Pregnancy takes forever lol.

Henry James born 7/27/15
BeeCee33
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Veronica86 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:20 am

Hi ladies..

I know I've been a little quiet. Just really not feeling good about things. My tests just aren't getting darker. They've pretty much been at a standstill the past few days and I'm just so worried. I spoke to my Dr yesterday and she wants to monitor my blood work again,so I went in yesterday for a blood draw to check HCG and Progesterone.. should have those results by sometime today.

I'll keep you updated, but as of now I'm just having a bad feeling about things :(
Veronica86
Friend

Postby Veronica86 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:08 pm

Here is my progression.. I will say that 12 DPO evening was extremely concentrated urine..you can even see how much more yellow the strip is. I basically had no water that day.

Honest opinions on my progression??
FullSizeRender (9).jpg
(254.93 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Veronica86
Friend

Postby BeeCee33 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:00 pm

Ugh I understand your worry. :( My honest opinion is that those tests could go either way. Sometimes people have a slower than normal doubling rate early on and go on to have perfectly healthy pregnancies. Other times, those HCG levels kind of taper off and then begin to decline.

I feel like a doctor would probably tell you that you need to give it more time. Also everyone keeps telling me wondfos are terrible for showing progression. That being said, they did ok for me when I was pregnant with Henry, and not so well with my mc, so I do think something can be learned from lines. I'll go look at my mc cycle and list a picture of my wondfos for you.

I hope and pray you just need a little more time to see them darken!
Last edited by BeeCee33 on Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Henry James born 7/27/15
BeeCee33
Addicted
Addicted

Postby BeeCee33 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:08 pm

Ok, these are completely unedited. First is the mc cycle. My lines were barely there at 14 dpo. It got ever so slightly darker by about a week later (not pictured, must have tossed it), but not much.
IMG_20170607_140435.jpg
IMG_20170607_140435.jpg (122.24 KiB) Viewed 336 times

For comparison, here is this pregnancy. The top is 11 dpo with SMU, then 12 dpo with FMU, 12 dpo with SMU, and 14 dpo with SMU. I haven't tested again because I'm a wimp and I have bloodwork on the way anyway.
IMG_20170607_140400.jpg
IMG_20170607_140400.jpg (85.23 KiB) Viewed 336 times

For what it's worth, yours look darker than mine ever did on my mc cycle.

Henry James born 7/27/15
BeeCee33
Addicted
Addicted

Postby BeeCee33 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:12 pm

You know, if you cover up that 12 dpo test with the concentrated urine, you can see progression there. I think there's actually a good chance you're just fine!

Henry James born 7/27/15
BeeCee33
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Veronica86 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:18 pm

Thanks for finding those Becca!!

I whipped out my excel spread sheet again! lol

Here is what my HCG would be with a 48 hour doubling time and HCG of 5 at 10 DPO

excel.JPG
excel.JPG (13.51 KiB) Viewed 336 times

Based on the my lines I would guess I'm between 20-40 and this chart matches up to those #'s. I should get my results soon! Trying to stay positive.. but I know you get how stressful this is!!
Veronica86
Friend

PreviousNext

Return to General Pregnancy Board