Early u/s- what can I expect to see?

Anything pregnancy-related can be discussed here

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, admin_fertilityfan

Early u/s- what can I expect to see?

Postby Mrsk20173 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:38 pm

Hi ladies- I have an early u/s schedule for next Monday when I will be 5w6d. The reason for the ultrasound is because I was an infertility patient and was on clomid this cycle to conceive. I have read some conflicting things out there about what you can expect to see at this kind of u/s- some people say just the gestational sac/yolk sac and others say the fetal pole and heartbeat. I just don't want to go in expecting to see a heart beat and then be a nervous wreck until the next u/s if we don't. Does anyone have any experience with early u/s? Any advice/personal experience would be lovely :).
Mrsk20173

Re: Early u/s- what can I expect to see?

Postby Kari.Nathan » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:53 am

Hi. first off congrats!! This is such an exciting time and of course it's normal to worry but try and focus on all the positive things!!

There are so many things that factor the results regarding your question. At 5w6d you should be able to see *something*...it maybe the yolk sac and fetal pole with or without a heartbeat or It may be the yolk sac.

It can depend if your dates are correct, the position of your uterus (tilited uterus make everything just a bit harder), the quality of the US machine, the experience level of the US tech, etc.

If I were you I would try to go in without any expectations. I know...easier said than done but seriously..throw out the window whatever you may be thinking/expecting...clear your mind. Remember you CAN'T control what is happening inside your uterus... ;) I would try and do something relaxing the day of or the day before...whatever you find relaxing (baths, reading books, getting nails or feet done, going for walks,etc) do it. Be refreshed and clear and open mind going into your apt. And ...dont forget to update us all :)

Good Luck mama!!!

Everleigh Jordan 6.26.15 @ 39+1 7lbs 12oz
R side pyelectasis
US 23+0 Weight 1lb 7oz
US 26+5 Weight 2lbs 9oz
US 31+5 Weight 4lbs 10oz
US 36+1 Weight 6lbs 13oz

US number 456,765 or so it feels lol scheduled for 12.28.15 to go over surgery details to remove upper pole of R kidney. Confirmed duplication (from renal lasix scan) of collecting ducts on BOTH sides.
Kari.Nathan
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Mrsk20173 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:05 am

Kari- thank you so much for your response :) I am trying to go into it with no expectations (but dang that's hard haha) so that we don't leave disappointed. I will keep this post updated once we have the u/s done on Monday. Worst case scenario we go back for another and just get another sneak peak at our bean, right ? ;)
Mrsk20173

Postby Mrsk20173 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:39 pm

We were able to see the gestational sac/yolk sac today. We go back October 11 (hubby's birthday) when we should for sure be able to see the baby/heartbeat. Can't wait!!
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (63 KiB) Viewed 346 times
Mrsk20173

Return to General Pregnancy Board