Placenta previa

Anything pregnancy-related can be discussed here

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, admin_fertilityfan

Placenta previa

Postby Mari Mo04 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:10 am

Anybody else here dealing with possible placenta previa? I'm 21 1/2 weeks and have been told I have low lying placenta that is potentially covering my cervix. I'm on complete pelvic rest and watching for spotting. Could use a friend or some encouragement!
Mari Mo04

Re: Placenta previa

Postby MaybeBaby2 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:56 am

I was put on bed rest at 6 weeks due to the same issue. After bleeding in the middle of the night I went to the ER and the Dr told me to prepare myself for a miscarriage. I stayed in bed for almost 2 months. Finally at around 12 weeks. My daughter is perfectly healthy and is now 8. I think you are your baby will be fine as long as you stay in bed. I had no problem sleeping and reading about what my baby was up to!
MaybeBaby2

Postby erin860 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:59 pm

I had a low lying placenta with my first. It did eventually move up. I don't remember when but I know at 15 weeks it was still low. The dr said its like a balloon and as your uterus expands it will hopefully pull it up and it did in my case. A good friend of mine had the same issue but hers was low much longer, if I remember correctly it didn't move up until 32 weeks. Hang in there, worse case you will need to stay on pelvic rest and have a c section. With my second baby I had to have a c section due to other complications. I was very upset but in the end as long as you have a healthy baby that's what is important.
erin860

Postby Mari Mo04 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:18 pm

Thanks ladies. I'm not super worried at this point. I had a pretty big bleed at 16 weeks, but nothing since. My biggest worries are if it doesn't move and I end up on bed rest who will take care of my 4 other kids. Just playing the waiting game now to see what happens!
Mari Mo04

Return to General Pregnancy Board