urgh baby name UPDATE

Anything pregnancy-related can be discussed here

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, admin_fertilityfan

Should I use the name?

Screw her use it !!!!!!
97%
Change it to make her happy!!!!
3%

Total votes : 58

Postby LaurenAshley » Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:55 am

That is just rediculous! I have a friend that has been tap tapping names forever, but sadly, her husband cant have children and refuses to use donor sperm, so they most likely will adopt. But seriously, he already said that they wont be having babies so why does she think she can still "claim" them?!? To be sympathetic, I wont use the names she likes, but it has nothing to do with the fact that she WANTS them, its that I wouldnt want to have this baby and name it one of her favorite names, because it will just hurt her even more about wanting a baby of her own.

As for YOUR "friend" SCREW HER, this is rediculous! I know pregnancy hormones can get the best of us, but at this point, I would kindly write her an email that says something simple like "I know your upset, but my husband and I are expecting a child and if its a boy, we ARE going to use the name Mason. It is a family name for him and WILL be included no matter what. Sorry your angry, but there is nothing stopping you from naming your future child Mason. There are no rules against two children having the same name, nor are there rule about claiming names." And leave it at that. She can take it how she wants it. But you really should just state your facts and walk away. Thats the easiest way to do it.. Or you could be having a girl and all this was over nothing. :wink: :lol:
LaurenAshley
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Baby4Staci » Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:19 am

HAHA im sorry that you are going through this..

Mason is a great name ;)
Mason Anthony born 1/9/07
Savannah Ray born 5/9/09
Baby4Staci
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Chrisandkarene » Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:29 am

I did basically send her a message that said I had tried to play nice but now she could kiss my ass. Then she acted as though I had purposely attacked her. I ended up telling her that I was the one who was being unfairly attacted and that Mason was in the top 25 of popular names for boys its not like we were talking about a name never heard of. Chances are Mason will have at least 1 other kid in his class with the same name so who cares if we both use it. She ended up telling me she hoped I had a girl so this would all be over. I told her it would be over for this pregnancy but I would be trying again when Peanut got to be 1 she was pissed she actually responded why do you need 2 kids that close together.

BTW I am so done with her. I am going to name this child what ever I want. I will just keep the name to myself. Or even lie and tell her that I am using Mason just to piss her off. DON"T MESS WITH A PREGNANT WOMEN.

THanks girls for all your support.
Karene(me) 29
Chris (dh) 30
Jewel Nautica (dd)2 June 2009
Tucker Jordan (ds) 6 months Jan 2011
Chrisandkarene
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby just_concieved » Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:40 am

thats the spirit - you tell her !!
ImageImage

just_concieved