Circumcision... what's your thoughts?? *RE-CALC'ed STATS*

Anything pregnancy-related can be discussed here

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, admin_fertilityfan

Are you circumcizing your boy?

Yes, for religious reasons.
4%
Yes because dad is.
27%
Yes, regardless of dad's status
45%
Nope & dad isn't either.
24%

Total votes : 157

Postby orrissa » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:09 am

blue-eden wrote:You know I remember asking a bunch of grown men about the whole "locker room thing" when I was pg with Leo after my dh and I had our (30 second long, lol) talk about whether or not to circ.

They all said that any guy who was caught checking out another guy's thing was usually teased and tormented for checking out another guy's thing. :lol:
I also asked if they compared with their fathers, and got a lot of "huh? wth!! NO!!!" answers. So that kind of sealed the already set in stone deal for me.

So not a great reason for circing, imo, especially given the really low rate of circing these days, but to each their own. :)

My brother said he was extremely self conscious about not being circed and told me that he wishes my mom circed him so IDK. it's hard to tell what it's like from a male point of view since none of us have a penis lol. I'm sure where you are born and when you are born has something to do with the male responses you may get. I agree though, to each their own :)
Me: Jess 32
DH: 32
DS: 7
DD: 4
DS 2
orrissa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby bsweet » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:55 am

orrissa wrote:
blue-eden wrote:You know I remember asking a bunch of grown men about the whole "locker room thing" when I was pg with Leo after my dh and I had our (30 second long, lol) talk about whether or not to circ.

They all said that any guy who was caught checking out another guy's thing was usually teased and tormented for checking out another guy's thing. :lol:
I also asked if they compared with their fathers, and got a lot of "huh? wth!! NO!!!" answers. So that kind of sealed the already set in stone deal for me.

So not a great reason for circing, imo, especially given the really low rate of circing these days, but to each their own. :)

My brother said he was extremely self conscious about not being circed and told me that he wishes my mom circed him so IDK. it's hard to tell what it's like from a male point of view since none of us have a penis lol. I'm sure where you are born and when you are born has something to do with the male responses you may get. I agree though, to each their own :)

Not to mention the things some women say about it!!!! The thought of my child getting rejected by a female b/c of this breaks my heart!!! And yes, I realize the woman that would reject a man based on this is probably very ignorant and superficial, but still! Life is hard enough, why make choices for our children that might only make it more difficult...

ETA: I have never seen an UNc'd so perhaps it is not as ...uh...suprising? as I seem to think it would be???
Me: 32 DH: 33
DD: 18 months :-)
BFP: June 21st
Due March 3rd, 2011, RCS February 25th, 2011!!!

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
http://lbdf.lilypie.com/TqKmm5.png
http://lb2f.lilypie.com/GfSym5.png
bsweet
Angel
Angel

Postby orrissa » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:00 am

bsweet wrote:
orrissa wrote:

Not to mention the things some women say about it!!!! The thought of my child getting rejected by a female b/c of this breaks my heart!!! And yes, I realize the woman that would reject a man based on this is probably very ignorant and superficial, but still! Life is hard enough, why make choices for our children that might only make it more difficult...

This was another point he made about it. I can imagine that more and more boys not being circed it may not have the same effect as it did for him when he was dating. I agree- I wouldn't want a woman that shallow near my son to begin with though! lol
Me: Jess 32
DH: 32
DS: 7
DD: 4
DS 2
orrissa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby victoria_1024 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:24 am

My DH said the same thing about the locker room conversation. He was like OMG, no guy would be caught dead looking at another guy's penis, let alone making fun of it.

Plus if a woman rejects my son because his penis is intact, definitely for the better. I wouldn't want him with someone like that anyway (sorry).
victoria_1024
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby AnnaBanana23 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:27 am

We are having it done because DH is and because I've had friends with boys who had to go get it done when they were older, around 4 years old. Which included anesthesia and was obviously a more traumatic experience being they were older and more aware. Also my DH's cousin had to get it done when he was 20 years old and it was very sensitive for a very long time after the operation.

Just a couple reasons why we've decided to have it done.
AnnaBanana23
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Diana78 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:08 pm

I'm really not sure what we will do yet. I'm on the fence about it (agree with all of you! That's the problems), but DH says absolutely cir'c.

BTW, my DH said that although HS there wasn't teasing, there was much teasing in the army about it. Then again, they teased about size, color, shape, circ vs uncirc, etc. So mature :roll:

I may go with DH. I have heard testimony from several men that had it done later (elementary school and teens) and they insisted it was the worst thing to happen to them. I also think that getting it done early would save the sensativity issue as early on nerves and neurons accomodate more so than later in life.

If I do decide to do it though, I absolutely want to be there. I couldn't leave him alone during something like that. And will cry every single second.

Either way, thanks for all the opinions! You've really given me some food for thought.
Me: 32
DH: 28
DS: born feb 9th, 2011
2 fur babies Gretchen and Marley (my girls <3 )

Diana78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Blakes_Mummy » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:57 pm

but I have noticed that one momma so confident in her decision while pregnant to circ her son now has a blinky saying breastfeeding for all, circ for none on it.

<3

I LOVE that someone so adament can change their minds when given the research & facts in front of them instead of blindly following.

I wasn't adament about having Blake circ'd.. he was going to be but it wasn't a be all end all thing when I was pg. I am FOREVER glad that we changed our minds before it happened.

Blakes_Mummy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby bailie » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:21 am

bsweet wrote:
orrissa wrote:

ETA: I have never seen an UNc'd so perhaps it is not as ...uh...suprising? as I seem to think it would be???

Unc'd is SO much better, in my experience. I wish DF wasn't!
DD1: 3 DD2: 2 DS: 10 months already!
bailie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Previous

Return to General Pregnancy Board