Husband refuses this name! Ive loved it for years

What are you going to name your baby? Discuss your favorite baby names here!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Husband refuses this name! Ive loved it for years

Postby Katy345 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:44 am

We have been together for 8 years. Ive always loved the name Bena for a girl. He has always hated it. We are pregnant now and the FIRST thing he tells me is we are not naming our child Bena if its a girl!
Katy345

Re: Husband refuses this name! Ive loved it for years

Postby Nick02 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:03 pm

I just had a baby in December. My whole pregnancy I loved and called my baby one name and the day she was born my husband said he didn't like it and he didn't want to use it. I honestly felt like after seeing her it wasn't her name either, so I wasn't upset. We picked a name that day and it just felt like it was her name. I suggest having a few names you like just in case. I couldn't have chosen a name my husband and I both didn't like. Good luck!
Nick02
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby DuaneJohnson » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:50 am

I am also facing the same problem with my husband.
DuaneJohnson

Postby Tessa10 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:26 am

Gonna stick my head out here, but I think it's only fair that you both get to veto names you REALLY don't like.

I found that we had 5 categories...

I love, he hates
He loves, I hate
I like, he doesn't mind
He likes, I don't mind
I really like, he really likes

To begin with the last category was tiny, it contained like 1-2 names. Eventually, it got to about 4-5 names. Then one of those organically grew on us until we both loved it.

However, if you are in category 1 or 2, then I recommend you just move on. It's not gonna happen, so avoid tensions.

;-)

Tx
Tessa10
Friend

Return to Baby Names