Reid & Paige - what do you think?

What are you going to name your baby? Discuss your favorite baby names here!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

What boy name do you prefer? Our daughter's name is Paige.

Reid
60%
Paxton
40%

Total votes : 15

Reid & Paige - what do you think?

Postby kinzaqt » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:28 am

Hi there,
I am expecting baby no.2 any day now and we are still in the midst on deciding on our boy name. We don't know the gender. We have 2 absolute favorite boy names... but I tend to lean more towards Reid. My only concern is our 2 year old daughter's name is Paige...
Reid & Paige - Do you make the connection? And if you do... do you think it's silly? or tacky? We didn't pick these names because of their connection so that's not why or how we came up with Reid. It's just a name we really like. Our other name is Paxton...
So right now it's a decision between Reid or Paxton...

And then to decide on a middle name for Reid (If we name him Paxton... his middle name would be Reid).

Thanks for your help ladies!
Me (27) and DH (29)
DD #1 - Born Dec 22/07 at 36 weeks 5lbs14oz
DD #2 - Born Nov 1/09 at 39 weeks 8lb2oz
kinzaqt
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby jmlgirl » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:36 am

I voted Paxton. I've always liked this name. I'll be honest ss soon as I saw the Reid & Paige subject line I made the connection and thought it was a little silly but if that's what you really want then go for it
Me: Jo & DW: Angie
DD Sophie
DD Stella
DD Nora
DS Quinn

www.advocare.com/10053966
jmlgirl
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Autumn2000 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:47 pm

I like Reid a lot more than Paxton. I think Paige and Reid is cute. Any chance you our your DH are avid readers, authors or have a degree in English or Lit or something similar? ;)

Of course my DH is working on getting me to agree that if we have a girl that will name her Jillian. I'm not sold on Jack and Jill at all! I love the name Jillian but with DS named Jack it seems way too cutesy.
Autumn (34), Jeff (34), Jack (October 30, 2008) and Elizabeth (April 27, 2010)

Image Image Image

Autumn2000
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby maggiemay » Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:16 pm

I love the name Reid and I don't think people will make the connection unless they really sit and think about it and even if Who Cares? Very good name!!
Me 34
Dh 34
Dd#1 3yo
Dd#2 born 5.1.10

Married my Highschool Sweetheart~The first love of my life!

maggiemay
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Elvaleryn » Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:43 pm

I say Reid. I honestly didn't get it at first until I saw someone ask if you had a degree in literature and I looked back up and thought...ohhhhh.

Whatever name you choose is fine as they are both good I just happen to like Reid a bit more. :D good luck!
Elvaleryn

Return to Baby Names