Boys name idea - need your honest opinions!

What are you going to name your baby? Discuss your favorite baby names here!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

What do you think of the name Anakin

LOOOOOVE it - Great name!
8%
I like it!
12%
It's OK
4%
It's fine but not for me
76%

Total votes : 25

Postby Iamca » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:00 am

I prefer strong male names...something I can picture on a grown man. I wouldn't choose it for my son. I voted that I didn't like it. BUT its your child so do what makes you happy!

Iamca
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Kristyn » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:00 pm

Thank you very much everyone for the continued feedback. I don't think it sounds femine but I do see how people could think that bc of the start "Ana.." (the kin part makes it sounds masculine to me because it doesn't end in "e" or "a" or other femine ending)....BUT maybe that's all of my studying french in school??

We're worried that bc most people don't seem to initially like the name so much that it isn't a good choice though at the same time I wonder if it is one of those names people would say "I didn't like it before but now that the baby has the name it totally fits" kind of names, you know?

I'd still love any other comments :) Thanks again everyone and thanks in advance to anyone else.
FORMERLY Krissy26.
I'm 31 DH is 33 (my love of 12 yrs). ALL TWW babies (April '07, June '10 & April '12)! All natural med-free births 2nd and 3rd were home births.

Kristyn
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby lyk2scrap » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:16 am

As a name without any ties to it--I like Anakin. And I really like AJ as a nickname. That being said--I can't get past the Star Wars thing either and I think that people are either really into Star Wars or really not. I am really not.
Amber

Mom to Aaron (20), Camron (17), Reagan (9), Quinn ( 8 ), Meika (3), and expecting new little surprise GIRL in Apr/'12

lyk2scrap
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby *Jessica* » Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:32 pm

I know nothing about star wars so that never came to my mind. I don't like telling people I don't like a name b/c I HATE hurting peoples feelings but since you are asking for honesty...I personally feel like it is more on the feminine side. I am so sorry. If you really like it then who cares what others think.

ETA: I like AJ for a NN
Boyd and Jessica
Angel Babies-2004, 2008, and 2011

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
Beta #1 733.5 (18dpo)
Beta #2 2345 (20 dpo)
Beta #3 23,102 (28 dpo)
We have a BABY and a hb of 125 and measuring 1 day ahead:)
It's a BOY!
*Jessica*
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Skeely » Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:46 pm

I like the sound of it, but for me the Star Wars thing is too strong. The feminine ana thing doesn't bother me, though. What about the name Anatole?
Skeely
Angel
Angel

Postby Kristyn » Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:56 pm

Thanks so much (and please don't worry at all about being honest bc I appreciated it sooo much and so did dh). As it turns out we're having a baby girl (we just found out today) so I guess I needn't think about this one anyhow. Thanks again!! It was so helpful to know what everyone thought BEFORE we decided and possibly made a mistake.
FORMERLY Krissy26.
I'm 31 DH is 33 (my love of 12 yrs). ALL TWW babies (April '07, June '10 & April '12)! All natural med-free births 2nd and 3rd were home births.

Kristyn
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Previous

Return to Baby Names