What do you think?

What are you going to name your baby? Discuss your favorite baby names here!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

What do you think?

Postby 90Kat » Mon May 18, 2015 9:59 am

So the man and I couldn't set on a girl name, he didn't like mine, I didn't like his, luckily for us were having a boy! And so far completely agree!

Our current top pick is:
Viktor Alexander Cowan. :hb:

My only two problems...
I do not like Vik, as a nickname. Not at all.
His mom hates it.
But in my defense, the only thing she likes about me is I'm carrying her grandchild.

So likes? Dislikes? Reasons?
90Kat
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Re: What do you think?

Postby Pinkangel » Tue May 19, 2015 7:55 am

I think viktor sounds cute, like the k in it. I don't know what to do about the nickname. It might be once baby comes vik will grow on you or you will make a cute one of your own. I have loads of wee petnames for my son! My mum hates my current favourite girl name- Lena (pronounce ley-na). Of course it's not up to her but as we're close her opinion matters to me :-(.
Pinkangel
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby justxher » Wed May 20, 2015 3:17 pm

I wouldn't worry so much about whether his mother likes it, everyone has their opinions on names and if you ran all your ideas by others then you'll never end up picking one lol. I don't think we'll even tell our family ahead of time, we'll just announce it when baby is born and it's too late for people to share their opinions and try to sway us.

Not sure about other nick names lol, I guess there's Vin, Vinny, Vito, Vicky, not quite the same name but might work? Sort of Italian sounding
Me: 27
DH: 29
DS1: :angel: Baby Jase born 06/30/15, premature at 18w2d

DS2: June 25 2016
justxher
Angel
Angel

Postby 90Kat » Thu May 28, 2015 3:04 pm

Vinny is so cute I seriously didn't even think of that! I love it! All the more reason to go with Viktor. Thank you for your opinions, and I love the idea of not even telling anyone. I'm super dependent on my moms opinion though because we are ridiculously close. But if I'm lucky enough to have a second chance at this, I will most likely keep names to myself.
90Kat
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby kingh84 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:23 am

I've been thinking of Victor recently and I particularly like your spelling with a K. My son is Kaspar with a K :) So I might have to steal your idea ;) Yeah I wouldn't worry about your mum in law. It's tough luck really, if you and dh like a name then that's all that matters. We will hopefully find out what we're having this weekend and then we can really focus on the name. I like Hector for a boy too but dh isn't as keen. We have loads of girls names so find them much easier to agree on.
ME - 31
DH - 27
DS - 1
BFP #2 17/03/2015 (10dpo)
EDD #2 26/11/2015. It's a :babyg:

kingh84
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Return to Baby Names