This name made me cry.. (Long story)

What are you going to name your baby? Discuss your favorite baby names here!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

This name made me cry.. (Long story)

Postby MamaBird912 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:35 pm

Before I was ever pregnant with my son, I was constructing his daddy's family tree. My DHs grandfather had the name James Emmett. I said "if we ever have a son..his name will be Emmett James". I became emotional, and overwhelmed with happiness. Then when I was pregnant, I couldn't set my heart on a girls name. None of them gave me the same feeling... And obviously, we had a boy.

Before I became pregnant this time and we were just planning to ttc, I was obsessing over picking names for the new baby. My DH wouldn't agree to anything. At most I got a " that name is okay". Adeline, Ruby, Violet, Claire, Fiona... They were cute but I didn't fall in love. Until I came across, Luna, meaning Moon. He didn't like it much but I couldn't put it down. I thought, maybe with the right middle name I can sell it. So I looked for other "celestial" names. That's when I saw his mother's middle name on the list, Faye. It turns out, Faye means fairy. When I put the two together, Luna Faye..Moon Fairy.. I just started crying and got the same feeling as I did about Emmetts name. And now my hubby likes the name. We can't choose a boys name for the life of us.. Maybe it's a sign?

Only time will tell!
MamaBird912
Addicted
Addicted

Return to Baby Names