follow-up question about progesterone - does my theory work?

Congrats on on your pregnancy! Cramps, Morning Sickness, Food Adversions! Share your first trimester experiences here.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Do continued high temperatures indicate an apropriate level of Progesterone?

Yes, that makes sense to me.
25%
No, that's a big leap.
33%
Not sure.
42%

Total votes : 12

follow-up question about progesterone - does my theory work?

Postby StaceFace » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:44 pm

Hey gals!

Thank you all so much for reading my previous question about understanding progesterone levels. Your input meant so much!

I have now been on the progesterone supplement for 4 days and my temperature is slowly (.1 per day) rising after it had been moving down before I started the supplements.

Theoretically, if I continue to monitor my temps, can't I tell if the progesterone is doing it's job? What I mean is, if my temps are increasing and then continue to stay high, doesn't that indicate the supplements are working? What do you think?

Thanks again - with all my heart.
Stacy: 32 Hubby: 33

Mom of two boys: 4 & 2.5 (they are SO much fun!)

Pregnant with #3! EDD: 06/29/14 - another BOY! YIPPEE!!!! :)
StaceFace
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby alsoknownas0 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:14 pm

I vote no because after I Od this time my RE put me on prometrium, 200mg, twice a day. My temps this cycle actually weren't nearly as high (after the first few days) as some of my previous cycles without progesterone. I definitely would have thought that, too, if not for my own chart (in my sig).
Me-31, DH-33

DD conceived on Metformin, Femara, Menopur with trigger 11/08

Missed miscarriages: 6/07, 3/08, 4/11

Restarted Metformin for PCOS 6/11
Dx with PAI-1 clotting disorder 6/11
BFP 8/11 with Menopur + Femara - started heparin
6w5d :hb: 134
9w0d :hb: 188
12w5d :hb: 160s
16w55 :hb: 137 and it's a BOY

My Ovulation Chart
alsoknownas0
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby swann81 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:39 pm

I was on progesterone for a month after using Clomid. It's true that once I started the progesterone, my temps started to go up and stayed up. BUT at 15 dpo I was still getting BFNs and had to call it a failure.

Just because your progesterone level goes up, causing your temp to go up, doesn't mean you're still pregnant because progesterone can mask a miscarriage. But it could also be true that you are still pregnant and its helping everything stay healthy.

I suppose you just have to keep having betas for a while. If your doctor won't do that, just POAS every few days to make sure the line is getting darker instead of lighter.

Hugs to you! I know how stressful it is. This is my 3rd pregnancy but its the first one that has made it past a few weeks, with the help of a huge dose of folic acid, baby asprin, and progesterone. I am 13 weeks now and proof that the best things happen when you expect the worse. :)
Jordan Alyssa
Born 8/13/09 @ 5:57am @ 40 weeks
8lb 3 oz, 21" long

Xavier Gage
Born 10/19/12 @ 3:26am @ 38 weeks
8lb 8 oz, 20" long

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
swann81
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby StaceFace » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:49 pm

Thanks so much, Swann. I totally get what you're saying. I am just going to choose to believe the best for my little bean and wait and see. I'm not having any major cramping or any bleeding or spotting at all, so that's a good thing, I guess! :) I have been taking HPTs and they have gotten progressively darker and the test line was AS DARK as the control line today, so that was good to see. (18dpo) I am just going to try and relax and take each day as it comes - and enjoy being pregnant for every day of it I am able to have. Thanks again!
Stacy: 32 Hubby: 33

Mom of two boys: 4 & 2.5 (they are SO much fun!)

Pregnant with #3! EDD: 06/29/14 - another BOY! YIPPEE!!!! :)
StaceFace
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Return to First Trimester